• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California Gov Signs Bill To Exclude Trump From 2020 Election Ballot (SP 27)

ecco

Veteran Member
The people who stand to be effected by the bill are allowed to give their opinions about said bill which is made public.

Are you referring to local, state or federal laws? How are people notified that a bill is at the stage where public input is requested?

ecco

Veteran Member
Imagine if every state could make their selective laws, all different, all making terms and conditions that limit access to the ballot.
Ya mean like how a State could pass a law that says no one named "Donald" is allowed on the ballot? What a great idea.

ecco

Veteran Member
A minor thing for most politicians yes. But after a 3 year $20+ million investigation, countless false accusations, and a ton of BS. Yes it's a ridiculous and unreasonable request.
You really need to stop complaining about the Benghazi Clinton investigation.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Are you referring to local, state or federal laws? How are people notified that a bill is at the stage where public input is requested?
Activists stay abreast regularly. Most states have a website bill tracker. There are a number of those type sites with regard to the Federal.
Bill Track, is one. Gov Track is another, as examples.

https://billtrack50.com

Bills and Resolutions -- GovTrack.us

track federal legislation at DuckDuckGo

legislation tracking by state at DuckDuckGo

ecco

Veteran Member
Activists stay abreast regularly. Most states have a website bill tracker. There are a number of those type sites with regard to the Federal.
Bill Track, is one. Gov Track is another, as examples.

https://billtrack50.com

Bills and Resolutions -- GovTrack.us

track federal legislation at DuckDuckGo

legislation tracking by state at DuckDuckGo

Your links show Bills that are in process. Your links and comments do not address:
How are people notified that a bill is at the stage where public input is requested?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I took it as being more of a symbolic attention-getter as the state cannot ad stipulations other than signatures to get on the ballot when it comes to setting up federal elections.

Shad

Veteran Member
I posted that to show there are far more burdensome requirements to get on a ballot, for a presidential election, than submitting your tax forms, and to show each state sets it's own criteria. And this bill doesn't even apply to the general election. Primary elections, on the other hand, have some very loose laws, tend to be messy, and even the party can make up stuff as they go along.

Except that burden is only 3 points as per the Constitution while you ignored the cases listed at the bottom of ballots laws thrown out by SCOTUS. Try again/ You demonstrated you didn't read what you linked, nothing more

Shad

Veteran Member
For those who think this is an attack on Trump, consider this. At this point Joe Biden is ineligible to be on the Primary ballot in California. He has only released three years of his tax returns, this law requires 5.

Let ignore that Dems in Congress have tried to get his returns for 2 years now. Yawn

Shad

Veteran Member
It was anticipated. But sued doesn't mean it will necessarily change anything. People sue and lose their suit all the time. The bill doesn't effect the general election, and states are allowed to set their own rules for the primaries.

States can not set their own rules as per your own source under "Cases" which you didn't read.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
States can not set their own rules as per your own source under "Cases" which you didn't read.
As I pointed out before, those cases deal with general elections and that source does clearly state that states get to set their own rules for various things.

Shad

Veteran Member
As I pointed out before, those cases deal with general elections and that spurce does clearly state that states get to set their own rules for various things.

Those cases include state elections and other ballot measures. You didn't read the cases from your own source. Read the cases and try again.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Those cases include state elections and other ballot measures. You didn't read the cases from your own source. Read the cases and try again.
Clearly, it agrees with me as it lists individual state laws and conditions for getting on the ballot. They vary from state to state. And as I pointed on out, handing over your tax forms is far less burdensome than just about every other requirement in any state.

Shad

Veteran Member
Clearly, it agrees with me as it lists individual state laws and conditions for getting on the ballot.

Wrong. Look at the cases which threw out ballot laws.

They vary from state to state. And as I pointed on out, handing over your tax forms is far less burdensome than just about every other requirement in any state.

Evidence?