• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Well, Yeshua spoke in parables with regard to the "kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 13:13-14). He used imagery in his descriptions. No one eats a slain son of man for their sins, that would be the traditions of pagans.
No we eat bread and we drink little wine , don't you know what is Eucharist?

Kissing black stone on the other hand is pagan tradition.

The "unleavened bread" which the disciples ate, was the bread of life, without the leaven of the Pharisees, which is imagery for the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. As for the wine, Yeshua would not again drink the wine until "I drink it new with you in My Father's Kingdom" (Mt 26:29), which only happens "immediately after the tribulation" (Mt 24:29-31). The feast of Booths is the fall festival, when Israel came out of Egypt/nations, and in the end, will commemorate when Israel is gathered out of the nations/Gentiles again, and joined with Judah (Ezekiel 36 & 37).

Again , your own interpretation as such is no needed.

He came back from the dead , didn't you know?

John 20:26-29
"A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, 'Peace be with you!' Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe'.

Thomas said to him, 'My Lord and my God!'

Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.'

Oh Thomas said to him My Lord and my God and look what he told him

Again , i suggest that you leave that Dawaghandist tactics , and start reading the NT with fresh mind.

Take care

Peace

2ndpillar

In John 1:8 the emphasis is on John , not Jesus , since we know what is stated in John 1:6

Let's see what John 1:9-11 says

"The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world.He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him."

The true light is Jesus , since Jesus claims to be the light in John 8:12
'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'.

That is why in John 10 it says 'He' and not 'It'.
'He' is Jesus - the Logos , which is God according to John 1.

You did not reply on my first responce , is Muhammad then a false prophet , since i am using the same standard as you?
Muhammad, simply means the "praised one", an adjective with no real name, and the Islamic narrative was not begun until 100 years after this Muhammad's supposed death. The Koran only names one prophet, Isa son of Mariam. At the time of Muhammad's supposed murder, in around 632 A.D., there was no great trading center called Mecca, the area was a desolate wilderness. The Islamic narrative was written mostly by Persians, in Persia, or what is now known as the area around Baghdad. The birthplace of the home of Allah, was in Petra, the home of worldwide Arabic traders, and the home of the Kabba, the house of the gods. Muhammad, even though an imaginary guy, whose narrative was taken from the Persians, the Jews, and the Romans, is a false imaginary prophet, and along with Paul, both supposedly following angels of light, which would be a good description of Satan as declared by Paul. Yeshua, the son of man, was a messiah, anointed one, as in anointed by the Spirit of God, the Spirit of prophecy. Without that anointing, there is no light of the world, and you only have flesh.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

2ndpillar

Read Revelation 21 and 22 , maybe you will learn something
Read Revelation 20:10, whereas the new condo of the "beast", "false prophet" and "devil" is the "lake of fire". As for Revelation 21 & 22, they are in the future, and the lawless, those who love lying, dwell outside the gate (Rev 22:15). As for the "root and offspring of David" (Rev 22:16) he will be ruling as king in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:15-16), and the survivors of the "day of the LORD" will have to come to Jerusalem every year to bow down to him on the feast of Booths.

Zechariah 14:16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

2ndpillar

Read Revelation 21 and 22 , maybe you will learn something

No i didn't , just because you can't handle the answer , doesn't mean it is insult.

Read first Matthew 20:1-16 and take note of 16th verse

"So the last will be first, and the first will be last."
That comment in one case was directed towards Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 14:17, who was the first shepherd/disciple chosen, but who will be the last in stature, who was chosen to fulfill Isaiah 22:15-25 & Zech 11, whereas Peter's followers, those who hang onto his words, will be "cut off". Matthew 19:27-30 was with respect to Peter asking what was in it for him.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
That comment in one case was directed towards Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 14:17, who was the first shepherd/disciple chosen, but who will be the last in stature, who was chosen to fulfill Isaiah 22:15-25 & Zech 11, whereas Peter's followers, those who hang onto his words, will be "cut off". Matthew 19:27-30 was with respect to Peter asking what was in it for him.
The Last and least is Paul , and he will be called first.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Read Revelation 20:10, whereas the new condo of the "beast", "false prophet" and "devil" is the "lake of fire". As for Revelation 21 & 22, they are in the future, and the lawless, those who love lying, dwell outside the gate (Rev 22:15). As for the "root and offspring of David" (Rev 22:16) he will be ruling as king in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:15-16), and the survivors of the "day of the LORD" will have to come to Jerusalem every year to bow down to him on the feast of Booths.

Zechariah 14:16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.
Your answer is telling enough that you are clueless..

John 4
"Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The God of Israel was the same God of Abraham, Noah, and Adam. Adam was from the beginning. Apparently, the God of Noah, didn't ignore the people of Noah's time, nor will he ignore the people of today, whether they acknowledge the God of Israel or not. It will come down to how they treat their neighbors.

You have switched the question as I was not referring to Judaism but the emergence of Christianity many centuries later.
So, please go back and answer what I asked and not deflect into something else.
Take our complaint to God. Or possibly, you don't think John in John 1 was telling the Truth, but then again you might think your take is superior to John's because of your supposedly superior "logic".

How moral is it for you to be so dishonest and have me saying something I have never said nor implied? Does your denomination teach you that this is somehow moral? My brand of Christianity says that this is unethical but then maybe yours doesn't?
The 10 Commandments, Law of God, are in the ark of the covenant. The 1st four are with respect to how to love God, and the last 6 are for loving your neighbor. The Law of God, the Commandments, are for every person (Ecclesiastes 12:10), whereas the law of Moses, are for the sanctification of Israel.

As I posted, which you have totally ignored, were the 613 Commandments as found in Torah, whereas the first 10 were just a beginning.

Maybe actually reread the segments after Noah comes down from Sinai to give the Decalogue and then you can begin to see the others gradually being added. However, those Commandments only are binding on Jews, whereas Gentiles who believe in Jesus have to live out Two Commandments: love of God and love of all humankind.

metis

Do you know what and when the Feast of Booths actually is?

metis

HUH!!! :oops:

2ndpillar

You need to read the chapter and verses quoted. Peter was chosen first, and Matthew was chosen last, yet Matthew's stature is first, as listed first, and Peter is listed at the end with respect to Matthew 19:27. As with respect to Isaiah 22:15-25, the heir of Peter is the pope, and both claim to have the keys of David, as Peter was put in charge of the "royal household" (Is 22:15 & 22 & 22-25), whereas anyone hanging on the heir will be "cut off", when the heir falls. As for Zechariah 11, it is with respect to 3 shepherds chosen by the LORD, Paul (Zech 11:10), Judas (Zech 11:12-13), and Peter (Zech 11:16-17), with two of them (Peter and Paul) taken to "pasture" the "flock (Christian church) doomed for slaughter".

Matthew 19: 27 Then Peter said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?” 28And Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29“And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last; and the last, first.

2ndpillar

Do you know what and when the Feast of Booths actually is?
It is the fall festival, with regards to the fall harvest, which is called the feast of Sukkot, to represent Israel leaving Egypt, and living in reed shelters (booths). With respect to Israel being taken out of the nations and reuniting with Judah (Ez 36 & 37), it is the feast for which the surviving nations/Gentiles will have to come Jerusalem to bow down to the king every year after Judah and Ephraim/Israel have been reunited on the land given to Jacob (Ez 36 & 37).

2ndpillar

You have switched the question as I was not referring to Judaism but the emergence of Christianity many centuries later.
So, please go back and answer what I asked and not deflect into something else.
"Christianity" is the "flock" chosen by the LORD, which is destined for "slaughter" (Zech 11:7). Its shepherds/staffs were Peter (Zech 11:16-17) and Paul (Zech 11:10). It was chosen to apparently make Israel jealous per Hosea 3, whereas Hosea bought an adulterous woman(Christian church) for the equivalence of 30 shekels of silver for "many days", until Israel returns.

Hosea 3:1 Then the LORD said to me, “Go again, love [a]a woman who is loved by her https://biblehub.com/nasb_/hosea/3.htm#fnhusband, yet is committing adultery, as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love [c]raisin cakes.” 2So I purchased her for myself for fifteen shekels of silver, and a [d]homer and a [e]lethech of barley. 3Then I said to her, “You shall live with me for many days. You shall not play the prostitute, nor shall you have another man; so I will also be toward you.” 4For the sons of Israel will live for many days without a king or leader, without sacrifice or memorial stone, and without ephod or [f]household idols. 5Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days.

2ndpillar

How moral is it for you to be so dishonest and have me saying something I have never said nor implied? Does your denomination teach you that this is somehow moral? My brand of Christianity says that this is unethical but then maybe yours doesn't?
I thought you were a Roman Catholic, then not, and then again a Roman Catholic, and then not so much. Your denomination or non denomination seems to follow the wind. Your real religion seems to be tied to your subjective "logic", or at least academic and religious indoctrinations which seem logical to you. I am thinking that the early Protestants, even up until the 20th century, thought your church was a whore of Babylon. I personally think that is improper logic, as a "harlot daughter" seems more logical (Revelation 17:5).

metis

You need to read the chapter and verses quoted. Peter was chosen first, and Matthew was chosen last, yet Matthew's stature is first, as listed first, and Peter is listed at the end with respect to Matthew 19:27.

Nope, as periodically it says "Peter and the others...". When Paul came, he said he needed to talk with Peter.

As for Zechariah 11, it is with respect to 3 shepherds chosen by the LORD, Paul (Zech 11:10), Judas (Zech 11:12-13), and Peter (Zech 11:16-17), with two of them (Peter and Paul) taken to "pasture" the "flock (Christian church) doomed for slaughter".

When cross-refencing, there often can be issue trying to apply what's in the OT with what's in the NT, especially when symbolisms are used.

Matthew 19: 27 Then Peter said to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed You; what then will there be for us?” 28And Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29“And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name’s sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last; and the last, first.

Except that Peter certainly wasn't last even according to what Jesus said. It makes me wonder why you're posting such drivel?

When Paul came to Jerusalem, he said he came to talk to Peter. Doesn't sound "last" to me.

metis

It is the fall festival, with regards to the fall harvest, which is called the feast of Sukkot, to represent Israel leaving Egypt, and living in reed shelters (booths). With respect to Israel being taken out of the nations and reuniting with Judah (Ez 36 & 37), it is the feast for which the surviving nations/Gentiles will have to come Jerusalem to bow down to the king every year after Judah and Ephraim/Israel have been reunited on the land given to Jacob (Ez 36 & 37).

Um, I've celebrated for many years. It is a Jewish festival for Jews; thus, it is in no way mandatory for Gentiles to celebrate it.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
I am thinking that the early Protestants, even up until the 20th century, thought your church was a whore of Babylon. I personally think that is improper logic, as a "harlot daughter" seems more logical (Revelation 17:5).
With all your answers , i doubt that you know anything about logic

metis

"Christianity" is the "flock" chosen by the LORD, which is destined for "slaughter" (Zech 11:7). Its shepherds/staffs were Peter (Zech 11:16-17) and Paul (Zech 11:10). It was chosen to apparently make Israel jealous per Hosea 3, whereas Hosea bought an adulterous woman(Christian church) for the equivalence of 30 shekels of silver for "many days", until Israel returns.

Hosea 3:1 Then the LORD said to me, “Go again, love [a]a woman who is loved by her Hosea 3 New American Standard Biblehusband, yet is committing adultery, as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love [c]raisin cakes.” 2So I purchased her for myself for fifteen shekels of silver, and a [d]homer and a [e]lethech of barley. 3Then I said to her, “You shall live with me for many days. You shall not play the prostitute, nor shall you have another man; so I will also be toward you.” 4For the sons of Israel will live for many days without a king or leader, without sacrifice or memorial stone, and without ephod or [f]household idols. 5Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days.

Again, all you have done is to deflect to that which I didn't refer to. So, let me ask you a final time and I hope you don't do your shuffle again: If being a Christian is so vitally important for salvation, then why would God ignore all peoples prior to 2000 years ago and those living in areas where they wouldn't know Jesus from Sam Hill? Please don't deflect again.

2ndpillar

Nope, as periodically it says "Peter and the others...". When Paul came, he said he needed to talk with Peter.
Peter was a shepherd chosen by the LORD (Zechariah 11), which was done through the use of his right arm, the son of man. The LORD also chose Paul to be a shepherd of the "flock (Christian church) doomed for slaughter (Zech 11:7). Peter was always a chosen shepherd, it is just that he was a "worthless shepherd" according to Zechariah 11:17. According to Galatians, Paul talked with whom he noted as the "presumed pillars", Cephas, John, and James. Of course Paul also said that Peter (small rock) was to preach to the "circumcised", which is in contradiction to Acts 15:7.

metis

I thought you were a Roman Catholic, then not, and then again a Roman Catholic, and then not so much. Your denomination or non denomination seems to follow the wind.

Yes, I've switched, as I tend to go in the direction of what I think is more right than wrong. But by doing so, it helped me out a ton as Christianity split off from Judaism, thus knowing Judaism very much helps understanding Christianity better.

Your real religion seems to be tied to your subjective "logic", or at least academic and religious indoctrinations which seem logical to you

Definitely not "subjective" logic as my main education is in science.

I am thinking that the early Protestants, even up until the 20th century, thought your church was a whore of Babylon. I personally think that is improper logic, as a "harlot daughter" seems more logical (Revelation 17:5).

Yes, and I grew up in one of those churches, never to return. They rejected even basic science and were also very critical of any denomination except their own. Imagine the chagrin in my parents when I told them I was marrying an Italian and devout Catholic. However, they quicky came to love her and even attended mass with us periodically.

BTW, in two weeks, we'll have been married for 57 years.