• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Faith has always been the way to righteousness, was Abraham righteous in the sight of God because of Faith/Believing God or works of the Law?
Sin was always atoned for by the blood of the sacrifice after the law was given, but once a year, showing what Jesus Christ’s sacrifice would accomplish once and for all.
You keep citing Paul but who wrote Hebrews where this is all laid out?
Yes, we also find long before the Law even Abel's righteousness was connected to his faith.
Both Abel and Abraham lived and died L-o-n-g before the Constitution of the Mosaic law for ancient Israel existed.
So, ' before ' the Law was given Abraham and Isaac demonstrated faith - Genesis 22:5
Seems to me Paul contrasted the old and new covenants in the 8th chapter of Hebrews. 8:7-13

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The problem remains that children from different conflicting religious backgrounds speak the 'truth' as taught them by their parents and peers, and by the evidence 95%+ do not change their beliefs in 'truth' when they grow up.
I recall hearing ^ something similar ^ being said about Catholics in connection to minor children. - Proverbs 22:6
So, it is up to each individual to have an inquiring mind that wants to know - Psalm 34:8; 1st Peter 2:3
Thus, once a person hears biblical truth about Jesus, Jesus' 'sheep' will hear his voice and follow him.

flowerpower

Which parts do you consider true? Please be specific.

I rarely claim to be Christian.

But, if I did, I'd probably just consider actual human beings who conduct themselves in a way that is totally motivated by their faith.

And that's about it.

I desperately would love to totally believe and give myself over to god but I falter. I seem to be getting closer though.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I always find it beautiful when a child’s innocence can speak truth. I wonder if this scripture applies:
Isaiah 11:6
The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Might be a little stretch but I would like to think so.
.... And we can stretch your ^above^ thought directly to the time when Jesus governs over Earth for a thousand years.
Animal kind and human kind will be a peace with one another. Even to safely sleep in the woods/forest - Ezekiel 34:25
- Isaiah 65:25; 35:9; 32:17-18; Hosea 2:18; 1st Corinthians 15:24-26 :)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
In the Greek Interlinear I find the word spirit is in lower-case letters at John 3:5. KJV took the liberty to use a capital "S".
So, when Jesus was baptized - Luke 3:22 - God's spirit was in bodily shape as a 'bird' aka a 'dove'. see also Mark 1:10.
God's spirit is described as a 'gift ' (Not a person) at Acts 2:38,41, spiritual blessings - Ephesians 1:3
So, when God sends forth His powerful spirit (Psalm 104:30) things happen.

Of course, pretty much nothing was capitalized. It didn’t have commas or periods. As noted in other scriptures… it is a person.
Also, it's good to remember John 3:13 because No one who died before Jesus (such as John the Baptist) were offered Heaven.
Those born again are like the people found at Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.

That isn’t quite true… There was a place called Paradise or Abrahams Bosom that held the righteous until Heaven was opened to them (at the resurrection). Hebrews addresses it as:

Hebrews 11:13

The Heavenly Hope​

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But, if I did, I'd probably just consider actual human beings who conduct themselves in a way that is totally motivated by their faith.
...............I desperately would love to totally believe and give myself over to god but I falter. I seem to be getting closer though.
'Human beings who conduct themselves in a way.....totally motivated by faith' I find trusting faith in Jesus' New Commandment found at John 13:34-35.
Genuine Christians would have the same self-sacrificing love for others as Jesus has.
In other words, Jesus' followers would now love neighbor 'more' than self. More than the Golden Rule of Leviticus 19:18
We all falter, Jesus' ransom sacrifice can cover where we falter - Matthew 28:20
- www.jw.org

2ndpillar

This is what John says about your teaching and views:
”Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.“
‭‭I John‬ ‭2‬:‭22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
The term "Christ" derives from the term messiah, as in the anointed. Yeshua was a prophet of God, and all prophets of God are anointed of the Spirit of God. On the other hand, the "false prophets" are apparently anointed by demon spirits as indicated with respect to "the" false prophet of Revelation 16:13. Your quote refers to the "Father and the Son" as two separate entities, which you apparently fail to do. Does that make you an "antichrist", or just a follower of the antichrist spirit.

Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits that looked like frogs coming out of the mouths of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet. 14These are demonic spirits that perform signs and go out to all the kings of the earth, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty.…

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Of course, pretty much nothing was capitalized. It didn’t have commas or periods. As noted in other scriptures… it is a person.
That isn’t quite true… There was a place called Paradise or Abrahams Bosom that held the righteous until Heaven was opened to them (at the resurrection). Hebrews addresses it as:
Hebrews 11:13 The Heavenly Hope
These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off were assured of them, embraced them and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
The promise made before Luke 22:28-30 was an earthly hope that humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
Jesus promised Earth at Matthew 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11, 29; 22:26
Since the un-baptized thief died before Jesus died (John 3:13) he has the same hope as John the Baptist - Matt. 11:11.
Yes, None of the faithful of Hebrews 11:13,39 received the promise (Acts 24:15 a future resurrection) and since they all died before Jesus' died their paradisical resurrection will be earthly as Eden was a beautiful paradise on Earth.- John 3:13
Those called to heavenly life have a first or earlier resurrection - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10; 2:10
They are like the people who would die after Jesus died mentioned at Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don’t quite agree as it doesn’t hold consistent throughout scripture. For an example:
John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
“Another”, in the Greek, is "one just like” - and Jesus is a person and not an “it"
And again, John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
It is very specifically not an “it” but a “he”. Power doesn’t “teach” or “bring to remembrance”… and so many more examples.
It is true that in Pentecost they received “dunamis” but when Jesus breathed on the disciples, they received the person of the Holy Spirit.
Thank you for your reply.
If we continue reading at John 15:26; 16:13 the helper is connected to the 'spirit of truth' (aka 'religious truth' - John 17:17)
At Luke 24:49 B God's spirit (Psalm 104:30) is connected to -> ' power ' from heaven.
Even in English we refer to a car or a ship as a 'she' and we know they are not a person.
So, in Greek grammar rules a neuter can be referred to as 'he' but remains a neuter 'it' as found at Number 11:17,25.
Otherwise, the Bible could be contradicting itself and it does Not.
Someone said that the Bible is like frozen holy spirit and it is Not thawed out until you open and read and study it.
ALL Scripture is inspired by God - 2nd Timothy 3:16-17 - David believed in God's spirit at 2nd Chronicles 28:12.
So, the Bible writers were 'moved', so to speak, by God's spirit to record His thoughts. Not move His Person.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

And that's about it.

I desperately would love to totally believe and give myself over to god but I falter. I seem to be getting closer though.
1. Nobody is perfect.
2. We ALL (in my opinion, anyway) need forgiveness from others and from God.
3. It is not necessarily easy to believe in God because we can't see Him.
4. And there are many things some religious organizations promote that in my opinion, are not godly. Even though they profess to believe, so that makes it difficult sometimes. It did for me.
5. However, I have come to believe the Bible is God's word.
6. Last but not least and perhaps the greatest is the power of prayer to know Him.
Yes, of course there will be questions...
I particularly like Revelation 21:1-5, which I personally look forward to seeing. :)

YoursTrue

@URAVIP2ME I just heard (and saw) a terrific presentation on zoom about Codex Sinaiticus and Tischendorf's fabulous research discovering it. Very wonderful. Recommend the study about Tischendorf and the Codex for any person interested in realizing how God has preserved the integrity of the Bible. Just want to share. Oh yes, that I BELIEVE God has preserved the writings...:)

YoursTrue

To whomever finds this interesting …

Ecclesiastes 3:19,20
“…they all [animals & man] have the “same spirit (ru•ach).”
I find that interesting. So I'm quoting from two versions of the Bible. One says breath, another says spirit. Both men and beasts have the same breath or spirit.

"For the fates of both men and beasts are the same: As one dies, so dies the other—they all have the same breath. (Berean Study Bible)

"For an event [is to] the sons of man, and an event [is to] the beasts, even one event [is] to them; as the death of this, so [is] the death of that; and one spirit [is] to all"...(Literal Standard Version)

The term "Christ" derives from the term messiah, as in the anointed. Yeshua was a prophet of God, and all prophets of God are anointed of the Spirit of God. On the other hand, the "false prophets" are apparently anointed by demon spirits as indicated with respect to "the" false prophet of Revelation 16:13. Your quote refers to the "Father and the Son" as two separate entities, which you apparently fail to do. Does that make you an "antichrist", or just a follower of the antichrist spirit.

Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits that looked like frogs coming out of the mouths of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet. 14These are demonic spirits that perform signs and go out to all the kings of the earth, to assemble them for battle on the great day of God the Almighty.…
Is Jesus Christ your Lord, Is He the Word made flesh like John said? Is He the Only One Worthy to take the Scroll and open the Seals, the Alpha and Omega?

”In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.“
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭5‬, ‭10‬-‭14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

”Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?” And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it. So I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll, or to look at it. But one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals.” And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. Then He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne. Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.” Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne, the living creatures, and the elders; and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain To receive power and riches and wisdom, And strength and honor and glory and blessing!” And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: “Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!” Then the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped Him who lives forever and ever.“
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5‬:‭2‬-‭14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Is this the Jesus Christ you are worshipping? If not then it is you who are following the anti-Christ.
There is only 1 way to be born again…No one ever got born again by the works of the Law.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I recall hearing ^ something similar ^ being said about Catholics in connection to minor children. - Proverbs 22:6
So, it is up to each individual to have an inquiring mind that wants to know - Psalm 34:8; 1st Peter 2:3
Thus, once a person hears biblical truth about Jesus, Jesus' 'sheep' will hear his voice and follow him.
The problem with this passage is it is a circular assumption that all individuals with an 'inquiring mind' will follow the Biblical truth and follow him, which is only true for those that believe one of the many varied conflicting claims of truth is the true one, The bottom line is the inquiring mind is rare and by far most follow their parents of peers choice. many in the comfortable Western culture my church shop for the shoes that fit, but do not wander far from the fold.

The conclusion of each of the many conflicting religions and their divisions, is that is one must have an 'inquiring mind" and you would believe as they do.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

@URAVIP2ME I just heard (and saw) a terrific presentation on zoom about Codex Sinaiticus and Tischendorf's fabulous research discovering it. Very wonderful. Recommend the study about Tischendorf and the Codex for any person interested in realizing how God has preserved the integrity of the Bible. Just want to share. Oh yes, that I BELIEVE God has preserved the writings...:)
Also to @Hockeycowboy the study about the Codex Sinaiticus is terrific, also about Tischendorf who was a great scholar and spent so much of his life researching and looking for the oldest copies of the scriptures he could find. Fascinating study.

YoursTrue

I find that interesting. So I'm quoting from two versions of the Bible. One says breath, another says spirit. Both men and beasts have the same breath or spirit.

"For the fates of both men and beasts are the same: As one dies, so dies the other—they all have the same breath. (Berean Study Bible)

"For an event [is to] the sons of man, and an event [is to] the beasts, even one event [is] to them; as the death of this, so [is] the death of that; and one spirit [is] to all"...(Literal Standard Version)
@Hockeycowboy to sum it up, in part -- breath - spirit : very similar insofar as men and beasts go. :) Thanks for the application.

2ndpillar

”In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.“
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭1‬-‭5‬, ‭10‬-‭14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Don't get ahead of yourself. You are confusing the "Word", the Spirit of God, the "Spirit of prophecy", which existed at the beginning, with the "Word made flesh" being the "son of man", who had a beginning, as in being the "alpha", and it is the "testimony of Jesus/Yeshua, the Spirit of God", the spirit of Revelation/Prophecy (Revelation 19:10). That "Word" would be the Law and the prophets (Matthew 5:17-20), which apparently you have nailed to the cross, and are left with the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil", proclaimed by the "false prophet", Paul, as in the voice of the "enemy" (Matthew 13:24-50), that was planted/written, in the same "field"/book (NT).

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Is this the Jesus Christ you are worshipping? If not then it is you who are following the anti-Christ.
There is only 1 way to be born again…No one ever got born again by the works of the Law.
Well, the "son of man" went away, and now sits at the right hand of the LORD, waiting for the LORD to make a footstool out of "thine enemies" (Psalms 110:1). According to Matthew 24:29-31, he isn't coming back until "immediately after the tribulation" at which time the millennium rule will be set up (Revelation 20:4). The "ruler of the world" (John 14:30), the present Lord of the world, is the "dragon"/"devil", by way of the "beast", the Roman emperor Constantine, the "beast with two horns like a lamb", as with regards to the Roman church and her daughters, as described in Revelation 13:4, whose foundation is with regards to the "two horns like a lamb", being the Christlike leaders, being the false prophet Paul, and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17) Peter. As for not having to produce good fruits, well those with no good fruits are cut down and thrown into the fire (Matthew 3:10). As for being "born again", there are around 2 billion "Christians" proclaiming they are "born again", but have no Spirit or power to highlight. Instead, they have the "plagues" of Babylon (Rev 18:4), and they have no power, or even understand justice and righteousness. I don't know, but it appears you are standing on thin ice. But then again, that is just me saying.

Don't get ahead of yourself. You are confusing the "Word", the Spirit of God, the "Spirit of prophecy", which existed at the beginning, with the "Word made flesh" being the "son of man", who had a beginning, as in being the "alpha", and it is the "testimony of Jesus/Yeshua, the Spirit of God", the spirit of Revelation/Prophecy (Revelation 19:10). That "Word" would be the Law and the prophets (Matthew 5:17-20), which apparently you have nailed to the cross, and are left with the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil", proclaimed by the "false prophet", Paul, as in the voice of the "enemy" (Matthew 13:24-50), that was planted/written, in the same "field"/book (NT).

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Well, the "son of man" went away, and now sits at the right hand of the LORD, waiting for the LORD to make a footstool out of "thine enemies" (Psalms 110:1). According to Matthew 24:29-31, he isn't coming back until "immediately after the tribulation" at which time the millennium rule will be set up (Revelation 20:4). The "ruler of the world" (John 14:30), the present Lord of the world, is the "dragon"/"devil", by way of the "beast", the Roman emperor Constantine, the "beast with two horns like a lamb", as with regards to the Roman church and her daughters, as described in Revelation 13:4, whose foundation is with regards to the "two horns like a lamb", being the Christlike leaders, being the false prophet Paul, and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17) Peter. As for not having to produce good fruits, well those with no good fruits are cut down and thrown into the fire (Matthew 3:10). As for being "born again", there are around 2 billion "Christians" proclaiming they are "born again", but have no Spirit or power to highlight. Instead, they have the "plagues" of Babylon (Rev 18:4), and they have no power, or even understand justice and righteousness. I don't know, but it appears you are standing on thin ice. But then again, that is just me saying.
You didn’t answer the question Has anyone been born again by keeping the law?
Was Abraham righteous by obeying the law or by believing God?

2ndpillar

You didn’t answer the question Has anyone been born again by keeping the law?
Was Abraham righteous by obeying the law or by believing God?
Genesis 26:5 because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.”

James 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected; 23and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God. 24You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Jame 5:16-17 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. 17Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.

Elijah was a righteous man, with a nature like ours, yet when he prayed, it would rain, or he also raised the dead, and healed the sick. How is your righteousness manifested. Was the pope able to cast out demons when he tried? Do you now see why Martin Luther, a disciple of Paul's false gospel of grace, and a disciple eating, drinking, and pursuing a wife, wanted to delete James from the canon of the Roman church?

Luke 17:27 They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, 29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all— 30 so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I looked in the TANACH and from the Hebrew at Ecc. 3:19 (page 1735) it says ALL have the same spirit.
So, like the animals our spirit is also a genderless ' it ' - Ecclesiastes 12:7 B