• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Not hardly. Were you, I would not have had to take you this far. But I realize you are not going to address the claims you have made. I'll pray for you. Perhaps you will find the guidance you so clearly need.
Who are you praying to? How you going to prove you’re a Christian? All the proof and objective evidence is at the White Throne judgement.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Brother I’m on course and seems like you’re trying to squirm your way out of bearing your cross, following Jesus and living a crucified life set apart and Holy to the Lord. You may lose some friends and likes in here.
I notice that not once have I claimed you were not Christian. I don't pretend to have that ability or that I speak for God regarding the sincerity of another's faith. You'll have to explain to me how it seems you think you do.

I notice that not once have I claimed you were not Christian. I don't pretend to have that ability or that I speak for God regarding the sincerity of another's faith. You'll have to explain to me how it seems you think you do.
The Bible is the judge, the Word of God, why do I have to repeat this so many times?

”For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.“
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Who are you praying to? How you going to prove you’re a Christian? All the proof and objective evidence is at the White Throne judgement.
You have to ask?

Well, I know I'm Christian. I accept your word that you are. You may not be for all I know.

Claims of evidence and proof require a demonstration that you have made clear you cannot provide and know this only as something you believe without evidence to demonstrate to others.

Remember? You've been going in this circle the entire evening.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The Bible is the judge, the Word of God, why do I have to repeat this so many times?
You choose to repeat things of your own volition. That you do is your responsibility. Not mine.

I see you doing it when the questions get harder and harder. Perhaps you should pray about that. If it were me, I would.
”For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.“
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭4‬:‭12‬-‭13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

It is a claim that you believe. You can't and haven't demonstrated it. God is the judge by the way. The Bible is a book about God.
Jesus Christ is the Word made flesh, He doesn’t even go against His Word, thats why He had to die in our place. He couldn’t just wave His hand and say I forgive you, like some have insinuated. Our betrayal and rebellion in the Garden deserves the death penalty, He loved us too much and paid it.
When will all this be proven? At the White Throne Judgement. Should’ve bold written that

I see you doing it when the questions get harder and harder. Perhaps you should pray about that. If it were me, I would.
See how you miss represent things, Seems like you may have the Pride issue here and think much of yourself. You want answers to questions you should already have but don’t if you were a Christian.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Jesus Christ is the Word made flesh, He doesn’t even go against His Word, thats why He had to die in our place. He couldn’t just wave His hand and say I forgive you, like some have insinuated. Our betrayal and rebellion in the Garden deserves the death penalty, He loved us too much and paid it.
When will all this be proven? At the White Throne Judgement. Should’ve bold written that
Isn't this just proselytizing now? That may not be the direction you want to take this.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
See how you miss represent things,
Except I didn't.
Seems like you may have the Pride issue here and think much of yourself. You want answers to questions you should already have but don’t if you were a Christian.
I agree that PRIDE is an issue here, just not mine.

I want you to meet your obligations to debate by supporting your claims with facts. Are you?

That would be against expectations at this point.

Isn't this just proselytizing now? That may not be the direction you want to take this.
How is this proselytizing? You’re a Christian and we are talking Bible and what we believe is true.
How can this be proselytizing unless you really aren’t a Christian then say so and I will go to sleep and stop talking to you seen as I can’t just press ignore.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
How is this proselytizing?
Shouldn't you know that? I just asked a question. Were you writing as an opinion or as a fact?
You’re a Christian and we are talking Bible and what we believe is true.
I am a Christian and I have been asking another Christian to explain himself and he has spent the entire evening running from that. Often in ways intended to deride my faith too.
How can this be proselytizing unless you really aren’t a Christian then say so and I will go to sleep and stop talking to you seen as I can’t just press ignore.
Proselytizing is proselytizing regardless of the faith of the audience. You seem to have a propensity to blame your actions on others. I've noticed that a few times this evening and in previous interactions you've had with others. I can tell you that is not a good witness technique.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
How is this proselytizing? You’re a Christian and we are talking Bible and what we believe is true.
You can walk away any time you want. You engaged me remember. I'm not keeping you here.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Just so you know, I don't have to be anywhere until after 5pm tomorrow evening. The Spirit seems to have invigorated me too. I'm rather enjoying this learning experience.

You don't have to stick around. If it is a pride issue for you, don't feel that clinging on will ameliorate your failure to support what you claim is obvious and easily seen. The only thing that will do that is for you to address those claims with the evidence that makes it all obvious to anyone, Christian or not.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I am curious and maybe you can answer this for me. Why do you think that another Christian should just accept everything you say without review or valid criticism where it is flawed? You certainly don't and cant even show that what I have said is flawed. That fact that you keep trying to divert from it is almost an endorsement.

Why do you think disagreeing with you invalidates the faith of another?

Last edited:

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I think I bear my cross rather well. After all, I didn't make your claims and then spend the entire evening not defending them in any way. I wonder about witness like that and how someone can think it is worthy and good.
Yeah but was Jesus the son of God born to a virgin, in your opinion? Did he die, do you think, to atone for sin? Sorry if I'm bothering you but I like to understand the way people think sometimes. :)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Shouldn't you know that? I just asked a question. Were you writing as an opinion or as a fact?

I am a Christian and I have been asking another Christian to explain himself and he has spent the entire evening running from that. Often in ways intended to deride my faith too.

Proselytizing is proselytizing regardless of the faith of the audience. You seem to have a propensity to blame your actions on others. I've noticed that a few times this evening and in previous interactions you've had with others. I can tell you that is not a good witness technique.
As a Christian, you believe then, do you, that Christ was born to a virgin, came from heaven, was resurrected and went back to heaven. Also that he resurrected some and healed some.
You can go ahead, I'm not interested in chatting with you about it. In my personal opinion, that is a rabbit hole I've been down on various subjects with you one time too many.

Quite honestly, I doubt the sincerity of your interest and motives.
That's ok that you're not interested in chatting with me.

Ebionite

Posts #2032, #2033 and 2034 dealt with the origins and nature of Common Law, Civil Law and Statute Law
You're deflecting. They don't indicate that you were asking for clarification.

Yes, sort of, but old. Today's basis takes precedence over old Common Law. Actually Common Law goes back to ancient Anglo Saxon Law code before the British Isles became Christians, and is hardly applied today except traditional origins of contemporary Civi; Law.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You mentioned that the existence of a soul is obvious. I'm asking what makes that obvious. Perhaps my question was confusing, but when someone declares that the existence of something is obvious, I cannot imagine it would be difficult to pass that along so that it is obvious to others.

Fair enough. Again, two people looking at the same thing and coming to different conclusions?

To me it is obvious in that the soul that contains the conscience is displayed in babies. It will never be “verifiable” scientifically because we will never be able to “view” the soul and conscience. .

Maybe I should have said “obvious to me”? :D

What about puppies. They have a brain. They develop personalities as they grow. What is it about puppies that don't have a soul compared to baby humans that show that difference? I don't know. I've always been told that God didn't see fit to give souls to animals. So there must be a difference and some way to gauge it.

Here, I can only refer to it in reference to my position as a believer in Jesus Christ and the scripture therein.

Yes, puppies have souls along with other created creatures. (Whether parameciums have souls or not, I have no idea :) )

What differentiates animals from human beings is that man has a spirit made in His image and in His likeness.

Last edited: