• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

You are another believer in God that isn't a "true" believer, because you believe differently than the way that is being mandated by some random poster on an internet forum.
The Bible is what God has mandated as His Word if you trust Him you are a believer if you don’t you are an unbeliever. Here is the definition of faith, if you don’t accept this then you can’t consider yourself a believer and it’s impossible for you to please God:
”Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.“
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11‬:‭1‬-‭3‬, ‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

You are denying that you can show that it is dictation from God and taking the words of man as your measure to do that.
Actually you’re taking man’s word over the Word of God…

”and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.“
‭‭II Timothy‬ ‭3‬:‭15‬-‭17‬ ‭

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
No. I'm taking God's Word over yours. I just use a larger volume of His Work than you know of or understand.

If I just blindly followed you, then yes, I would be taking mans' word over God's.
”and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.“
If you keep going, you will have reproduced the Bible in this one thread. I'm not sure that is extraordinary, but it is telling.

That I have run circles around you is the evidence. Look at how often you have misrepresented what I said or tried to make a straw man to beat on instead of facing my words head on and responding directly to what I have actually said. I haven't had to do that.
Let’s see how well you judge yourself on misrepresentation,lol

There are many original manuscripts that back up the Bible, but hey you can believe or not believe. That’s why there are believers and unbelievers.
There are original manuscripts of the Bible?

What are these that you are claiming? Name them and demonstrate that they are what you claim.

If I just blindly followed you, then yes, I would be taking mans' word over God's.
We are to look to Jesus Christ not man worship, seems you got that going on.
”Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.“
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Es

F1fan

Veteran Member
There's much more to it than just facts, historians have to be able to interpret facts within a wider historical context.
OK, so what else is there than fact? Even you admit that experts interpret facts. They don't assume nonsense and then advocate for nonsense, like many theists do. And before you protest, realize that there are many theists that you do not agree with.
Science is different because it relies on falsifiability.
Which allows truth and knowledge. Religion has no such standard.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Really? Can you give us an example of an American court that acknowledged a God as fact?
An oath is an act of religion, and courts recognise oaths.
Those are obsolete traditions. Let's note that most courts don't require an oath on a religious book.
Religion is relevant because of the union of the church and the state which goes back to Constantine.
Until the Enlightenment and the collapse of religious authority. Secular government was developed given the many different religions and the tolerance for freedom. So religion lost it's authority in government for most Western nations. The American conservatives are trying to subvert this principle.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Claiming that information you don't understand or find uncomfortable is "man's word" is just a cheap way to dismiss and hand wave away things that don't fit your personal interpretation.

Your personal interpretation is not God's Word or the final authority. You have to do more than pay lip service through repetition of biblical quotes. You have to provide answers to the claims you make.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
”Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.“
Es
This is just more diversion. Are you going to support your claims and demonstrate them or just keep running?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't see you looking. If you were, you would be able to answer the questions asked of you and not have to go through all these twists and turns running from your obligation to do so.
Es

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Es
Recognizing reality and agreeing that others recognize it too is not the worship of man. It is the exercise of the gifts God gave us and expected us to use.

Toing the line that other men said we must in order to be perceived as true and righteous Christians is man worship.

In my opinion.

Recognizing reality and agreeing that others recognize it too is not the worship of man. It is the exercise of the gifts God gave us and expected us to use.

Toing the line that other men said we must in order to be perceived as true and righteous Christians is man worship.
Do you even know the gifts God gave us? Are you saying that the Bible is a work of man that we can choose the parts we agree with and discard the rest,‘it’s up to us? If so, where does God ever say this?

I don't see you looking. If you were, you would be able to answer the questions asked of you and not have to go through all these twists and turns running from your obligation to do so.
Brother I’m on course and seems like you’re trying to squirm your way out of bearing your cross, following Jesus and living a crucified life set apart and Holy to the Lord. You may lose some friends and likes in here.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You’re running brother, that is obvious,
You are the runner here. Well established in the evidence of this thread. But if it makes you feel better, you can believe that you aren't.
if you’re a believer then we should have common ground of truth that we have experienced from God Himself but we don’t have that here, why is that?
If you are a believer and have the Holy Spirit in you, then you can support your claims with beautiful evidence instead of doing all you can to twist and turn from that and make this about me. I've held up very well from all I've read here. My guide as blessed me well tonight from my perspective.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Brother I’m on course and seems like you’re trying to squirm your way out of bearing your cross, following Jesus and living a crucified life set apart and Holy to the Lord. You may lose some friends and likes in here.
Not hardly. Were you, I would not have had to take you this far. But I realize you are not going to address the claims you have made. I'll pray for you. Perhaps you will find the guidance you so clearly need.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Here's what I think these last posts mean. I think you are ready to give up, because no matter which way you twisted, there I am. This is just your wild shot over your shoulder as you ride off as fast as you can so to speak.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
There are many original manuscripts that back up the Bible, but hey you can believe or not believe. That’s why there are believers and unbelievers.
There are no original manuscripts that date the Pentateuch, Torah, and the New Testament.

The Dead Sea scrolls are the oldest manuscripts for the Torah are the Dead Sea scrolls. As far as projected dating of Torah texts it is 600 BCE and later,

As far as the New Testament there are no known texts before 200 AD. and not independent references during the life of Jesus that confirm Jesus ever existed.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I think I bear my cross rather well. After all, I didn't make your claims and then spend the entire evening not defending them in any way. I wonder about witness like that and how someone can think it is worthy and good.