• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By the way -- if you claim to be a Christian...

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
And another major failing of your book of myths.

As a former Christian, I know from personal experience that the vast majority of Christians constantly bicker with one another in order to defend their preferred interpretations of the Bible and Christian theology. Frankly, it seems ironic to me how they claim to have "spirit discernment" from the Holy Spirit, yet their personal biblical interpretations frequently contradict each other, as do their preferred church doctrines. It appears to me that Christians aren't following anything other than their own or someone else's preferences for church doctrines and biblical interpretations. The fact is that there are a wide variety of Christians who all claim to be guided by the Holy Spirit, but they vehemently disagree with one another about what the Bible actually teaches. It stands to reason, in my opinion, that this is why there are a plethora of diverse sects in Christianity and why these sects are so vastly divided.

muhammad_isa

According to your Koran, Isa, son of Mariam, Yeshua, was a prophet of Allah. Yeshua said in Matthew 7:13-15, that it is the "many" who are deceived by the "false prophets" and the "few" (minority) who enter into life.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

- Matthew 7 -

..so your rendering is not accurate.
It says that many go through the gate leading to destruction
i.e. turn away from faith / compromise

..and yes .. there are indeed false prophets .. always have been, always will be.
However, Moses and Muhammad are not one of them !

2ndpillar

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

- Matthew 7 -

..so your rendering is not accurate.
It says that many go through the gate leading to destruction
i.e. turn away from faith / compromise

..and yes .. there are indeed false prophets .. always have been, always will be.
However, Moses and Muhammad are not one of them !
There are approximately 1.5 billion Muslims, and 2 billion "Christians". In my book, that would be "many", and not "few", as that is more than 50% of the entire human race, and all apparently led by "false prophets", of which "Paul", led by an "angel of light", and some ghostly figure directed by a ghostly spirit (Gabriel), described as "Mohammad" (praised one). As for "Mohammad", that is a descriptive, and not limited to a specific person. The only "messenger" given a specific name in the "Koran" is Isa son of Mariam, Yeshua, described as a messenger (prophet) of Allah. Mariam, mother of Yeshua, is named, while your supposed "Mohammad", has an unnamed mother, who according to the Muslim narrative is in Hell, since Allah supposedly refused this "Mohammad" character to pray for this unnamed mother, who has to be numbered among the unbelievers.

2ndpillar

”Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.” “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.“
‭‭John‬ ‭3‬:‭5‬-‭8‬, ‭10‬-‭16‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Walking among the living, is to be born again. Whereas walking among the dead, is to be walking among the nonliving (dead). One enters into life by keeping the Commandments (Mt 19:17). I suggest that you believe in the "Word made flesh", and not the message of the evil one, who promises you life, yet who is dead himself (Paul), and supposedly buried in Rome. If you were alive, then you would have an intercessor in heaven, and could communicate with the Lord while you are being on earth in the flesh. As for heaven and earth, the spiritual war is in heaven, whereas the flesh is on earth. The coming kingdom as described in parables in Matthew 13, only comes after the "tares"/"wicked" are tossed into the "furnace of fire", and the "good seed"/"righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father" (Mt 13:39-43). According to Yeshua in his description of the "kingdom" (Mt 13), there are two messages, and you have chosen the one of the "devil"/"evil one"/"enemy". It is probably not working out well now, nor in the future.

2ndpillar

Have you ever sinned?
Everyone will die for their own "iniquities"/sin (Jeremiah 31:30). Everyone includes myself. The best one can hope for is to live a long healthy life. As for those who are within the "daughters of Babylon", that being "her" of Revelation 18:4, they will live with their "plagues", and depending on their conduct, may die before their time. As we are nearing the "end of time"/"end of the age"/Har-Magedon/"day of the LORD" (Revelation 16:16 & Joel 2:31), the "end" may not be pretty.

Walking among the living, is to be born again. Whereas walking among the dead, is to be walking among the nonliving (dead). One enters into life by keeping the Commandments (Mt 19:17). I suggest that you believe in the "Word made flesh", and not the message of the evil one, who promises you life, yet who is dead himself (Paul), and supposedly buried in Rome. If you were alive, then you would have an intercessor in heaven, and could communicate with the Lord while you are being on earth in the flesh. As for heaven and earth, the spiritual war is in heaven, whereas the flesh is on earth. The coming kingdom as described in parables in Matthew 13, only comes after the "tares"/"wicked" are tossed into the "furnace of fire", and the "good seed"/"righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father" (Mt 13:39-43). According to Yeshua in his description of the "kingdom" (Mt 13), there are two messages, and you have chosen the one of the "devil"/"evil one"/"enemy". It is probably not working out well now, nor in the future.
The Gospel works very well for me, I’ve been born again of the Spirit of God who is the guarantee of my inheritance, eternal life and the promise is for all that come to the Father by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Everyone will die for their own "iniquities"/sin (Jeremiah 31:30). Everyone includes myself. The best one can hope for is to live a long healthy life. As for those who are within the "daughters of Babylon", that being "her" of Revelation 18:4, they will live with their "plagues", and depending on their conduct, may die before their time. As we are nearing the "end of time"/"end of the age"/Har-Magedon/"day of the LORD" (Revelation 16:16 & Joel 2:31), the "end" may not be pretty.
Read John 3, not sure who you’re following or why. Sounds like a hopeless situation for you.

2ndpillar

Read John 3, not sure who you’re following or why. Sounds like a hopeless situation for you.
There are two variations to John 3:16. As your version is not true, anyone who has believed your version has died or is about to die/perish. The second version is not that they shall not "perish" but they "might have eternal life". The terminology used is to believe in "Him", and "Him" is the "Word of God". If you believe in "Him", you do not nail the "Word" to the cross. (John 3:15) and you heed his message (Mt 7:24), or their "house"/church, will be washed away ("fall") when the rains, wind, and floods come. A more understandable version is John 11:25, "he who believes in me shall live even if he dies". Everyone will die for their own iniquities (Jer 30:31), and that is the "Word of God". Yet, on the other hand, you believe in the false prophet Paul instead. Not a wise broad path.
Who edited and canonized the "New Testament"? Was it the Roman Catholic church, a daughter of Babylon? In the end, Babylon, the woman of Revelation 17, "Babylon the Great", will "fall" (Rev 18:2). What do you think will happen to those who remain within her?

Last edited:

2ndpillar

The Gospel works very well for me, I’ve been born again of the Spirit of God who is the guarantee of my inheritance, eternal life and the promise is for all that come to the Father by Jesus Christ our Lord.
The only ones of the "wicked"/"sinners" who retain eternal life are the false prophet, the beast, and the devil (Rev 20:10). Your "inheritance", as a "sinner", who remains in their sin, is one of keeping the "plagues" of Babylon". (Rev 18:4) Only the son can reveal the Father, and only the Father can reveal the son, and that understanding, and knowledge is withheld from those who consider themselves "wise and intelligent" (Mt 11:25-26), and is revealed to the "babes". You might consider following the advice of Yeshua, and "repent" and "bring forth fruits in keeping with your repentance" (Mt 3), and "any tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down". Your rhetoric is not going to save you from the "fire"/wrath to come.

The only ones of the "wicked"/"sinners" who retain eternal life are the false prophet, the beast, and the devil (Rev 20:10). Your "inheritance", as a "sinner", who remains in their sin, is one of keeping the "plagues" of Babylon". (Rev 18:4) Only the son can reveal the Father, and only the Father can reveal the son, and that understanding, and knowledge is withheld from those who consider themselves "wise and intelligent" (Mt 11:25-26), and is revealed to the "babes". You might consider following the advice of Yeshua, and "repent" and "bring forth fruits in keeping with your repentance" (Mt 3), and "any tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down". Your rhetoric is not going to save you from the "fire"/wrath to come.
There are only 2 choices : Eternal Life and Eternal punishment. You’re saying the false prophet, the beast and devil get eternal life? No, it’s the lake of fire for them, eternal punishment.

This is eternal life:

”Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.“
‭‭John‬ ‭17‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Last edited:

muhammad_isa

There are approximately 1.5 billion Muslims, and 2 billion "Christians". In my book, that would be "many", and not "few", as that is more than 50% of the entire human race, and all apparently led by "false prophets", of which "Paul", led by an "angel of light", and some ghostly figure directed by a ghostly spirit (Gabriel), described as "Mohammad" (praised one). As for "Mohammad", that is a descriptive, and not limited to a specific person. The only "messenger" given a specific name in the "Koran" is Isa son of Mariam, Yeshua, described as a messenger (prophet) of Allah. Mariam, mother of Yeshua, is named, while your supposed "Mohammad", has an unnamed mother, who according to the Muslim narrative is in Hell, since Allah supposedly refused this "Mohammad" character to pray for this unnamed mother, who has to be numbered among the unbelievers.
The above analysis does not enlighten us.
We need to know what they preached..

Are you not aware that Jews and Muslims practically share the same law?
Do you consider Moses a false prophet, too?

2ndpillar

The above analysis does not enlighten us.
We need to know what they preached..

Are you not aware that Jews and Muslims practically share the same law?
Do you consider Moses a false prophet, too?
The Islamist narrative began to be written almost a century after the death of their supposed prophet, and it was taken from Jewish, Christian, and Persian sources, and written mostly by Persians, in the area known as Persia. Mecca didn't become occupied as a city until around the Muslim year 70, apart from made up commentary written well after the Islam year 90. Islam was imaged after the man and the book element, whereas Moses was the first man who was given the Commandments, whereas the "scribes" made a lie out of them via their Talmud. The next man was Yeshua, who was the "prophet to come", according to Moses, whereupon his Words were nailed to a cross, and the message of the false prophet Paul, became the majority context of the next book (NT). Islam was created for the Arabs to compete with the Jews and the Christians of the Byzantine empire. The Law of the Jews is based around the 10 Commandments given to Moses, which do not match up with Sharia law, or the narrative coming out of Islam, in which Islam was not even mentioned In written commentary until around the Muslim year 93, when Abd al built the first dome of the rock in Jerusalem, whereas the only proper name mentioned on the inner wall was Isa son of Mariam, Yeshua, and the context was with regard to the Byzantine false Trinity doctrine. Keep in mind, that the Koran named Isa son of Mariam as a messenger/prophet of Allah, and no proper name was given to the supposed Mohammad (praised one), in which the according to the "book of the people (Jews)", mentioned in the Koran, the only one to be praised was the LORD God.(Psalm 148:13) Yeshua preached to keep the Commandments and enter into life. Whereas this "Mohammad", taking his cues from Gabrial, taught to kiss the black stone and do a roundabout, and your sins are forgiven, plus you were to pray to Mohammad 5 times a day, kneeling towards Mecca, in which the direction of Mecca wasn't established formally until around 100 years after the death of this supposed Mohammad. The archeological evidence shows the first direction of prayer was to be in the direction of Petra, not Mecca. As for "Christianity" the religion of Paul, he taught if you believed in Christ, you were saved, whereas Yeshua taught you either heeded his message, which was to keep the Commandments, or you would "fall" (Matthew 7). The reference given by the prophet Joel 2, was to call on the name of the LORD, to escape/survive the coming "day of the LORD", Har-Magedon (Rev 16:16) in that which is deformed by the false prophet Paul, as to call on the name of the Lord (small letters), to be "saved". As per the Jewish prophet Isaiah 110, the Lord will sit at the right hand of the LORD, until the LORD makes the Lord's enemies into a footstool for his feet. Which puts the Lord in heaven, and not buried somewhere near Medina.
  • Psalm 148:13 “Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.”

The Islamist narrative began to be written almost a century after the death of their supposed prophet, and it was taken from Jewish, Christian, and Persian sources, and written mostly by Persians, in the area known as Persia. Mecca didn't become occupied as a city until around the Muslim year 70, apart from made up commentary written well after the Islam year 90. Islam was imaged after the man and the book element, whereas Moses was the first man who was given the Commandments, whereas the "scribes" made a lie out of them via their Talmud. The next man was Yeshua, who was the "prophet to come", according to Moses, whereupon his Words were nailed to a cross, and the message of the false prophet Paul, became the majority context of the next book (NT). Islam was created for the Arabs to compete with the Jews and the Christians of the Byzantine empire. The Law of the Jews is based around the 10 Commandments given to Moses, which do not match up with Sharia law, or the narrative coming out of Islam, in which Islam was not even mentioned In written commentary until around the Muslim year 93, when Abd al built the first dome of the rock in Jerusalem, whereas the only proper name mentioned on the inner wall was Isa son of Mariam, Yeshua, and the context was with regard to the Byzantine false Trinity doctrine. Keep in mind, that the Koran named Isa son of Mariam as a messenger/prophet of Allah, and no proper name was given to the supposed Mohammad (praised one), in which the according to the "book of the people (Jews)", mentioned in the Koran, the only one to be praised was the LORD God.(Psalm 148:13) Yeshua preached to keep the Commandments and enter into life. Whereas this "Mohammad", taking his cues from Gabrial, taught to kiss the black stone and do a roundabout, and your sins are forgiven, plus you were to pray to Mohammad 5 times a day, kneeling towards Mecca, in which the direction of Mecca wasn't established formally until around 100 years after the death of this supposed Mohammad. The archeological evidence shows the first direction of prayer was to be in the direction of Petra, not Mecca. As for "Christianity" the religion of Paul, he taught if you believed in Christ, you were saved, whereas Yeshua taught you either heeded his message, which was to keep the Commandments, or you would "fall" (Matthew 7). The reference given by the prophet Joel 2, was to call on the name of the LORD, to escape/survive the coming "day of the LORD", Har-Magedon (Rev 16:16) in that which is deformed by the false prophet Paul, as to call on the name of the Lord (small letters), to be "saved". As per the Jewish prophet Isaiah 110, the Lord will sit at the right hand of the LORD, until the LORD makes the Lord's enemies into a footstool for his feet. Which puts the Lord in heaven, and not buried somewhere near Medina.
  • Psalm 148:13 “Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.”
And I’m seated with Christ in the heavenly places!

”But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.“
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2‬:‭4‬-‭9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

muhammad_isa

..taught to kiss the black stone and do a roundabout, and your sins are forgiven..
..that's not the law.
I refer to the prohibition on pig-meat and usury, adultery etc.

..plus you were to pray to Mohammad 5 times a day..
You're having a laugh!
I'm sure you know well that worshiping other than G-d is forbidden.

As for "Christianity" the religion of Paul..
It's not the religion of Paul/Saul .. it's a cultural mix of Hellenist belief and Judaism.

Amen.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Speaking from personal experience, it was very difficult for me to acknowledge that Christianity wasn't better or superior to other religions. It was even more difficult for me to let go of my belief in God and my Christian faith. It was a matter of being completely honest with myself and facing my reality without the rose-colored glasses of my Christian beliefs. I know for a fact that this is often the case with other former Christians who found the courage to take the same spiritual journey as I did while leaving Christianity. I've met plenty of other former Christians who struggled to honestly question their belief in God, in the Bible, and in Christianity in general. I speak from experience when I say that it is a life-changing event that some Christians refuse to accept because they don't want to let go of their cherished Christian beliefs. So I'm not surprised when I see a Christian who is so adamantly resistant to it.
This is a little confusing in that it appears that it seems you are saying that Christians are just plain wrong.

You are right, however, I don’t want to let go of my belief in Jesus. Why would I want to go back to the vomit I was in?

Last edited:

2ndpillar

..that's not the law.
I refer to the prohibition on pig-meat and usury, adultery etc.
According to Islamic tradition, warriors on jihad can have sex with their captured slave women whether they still have a husband or not, even over the objections of his warriors. Eating pig meat is not a part of the 10 commandments, nor is usury. Usury is part of Jewish law and is with respect to fellow Jews, and is not covered in the 10 Commandments given to Moses, in which Yeshua's message was about, and according to Ecclesiastes 12, is for every person. The Ordinances given to Israel, will be kept in Israel when king David rules the world, and Israel is given a new heart and mind (Ezekiel 34 & 37 & Zech 14). The Arab Islamist claim to be descendants of Ishmael, whether true or not, that would make them not sons of Israel (Jacob) or Essau (the first son of Jacob). As for other traditions such as giving 2.5% of their income to the poor, well, Yeshua said sell everything and give to the poor, and follow me, and even the Jews required 10% to be given to the priest (Levites), and Abraham gave 10% to Melchizedek.
You're having a laugh!
I'm sure you know well that worshiping other than G-d is forbidden.
Read the 5 prayers. They start out addressing their prayer to the messenger (Mohammed). According to Islamic tradition, it is a sin to pray to the dead. Well, Mohammed is dead and buried supposedly near Medina. The name Mohammed means "praised one", when the only one to be praised is the LORD, according to the "book of the people (Jews)".
It's not the religion of Paul/Saul .. it's a cultural mix of Hellenist belief and Judaism.
Paul's message is that he is a Gentile to the Gentiles (Hellenistic Greeks) and a Jew to the Jews, and that the law is nailed to a pagan cross. Christians follow the message of Paul, which is the message of the "enemy", per Matthew 13:25, and is a message of lawlessness (gospel of grace/cross)
The "name" of the LORD is not Allah. The word "Allah" comes from the Sabbatians, a general word for all their many gods, as in the case of using the word god. Look to the "book of the people (Jews)", in which your supposed Mohammad said was from Allah.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Going by the title of this thread, I wonder how those who call themselves Christians believe in evolution. Like for instance, what do they believe about Jesus? (Did he evolve in Mary's womb without a physical father and Mary said to be a virgin?)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
This is a little confusing in that it appears that it seems you are saying that Christians are just plain wrong.

You are right, however, I don’t want to let god of my belief in Jesus. Why would I want to go back to the vomit I was in?
I can understand how you feel. My entire sense of morality or what was right or wrong was completely changed once I began studying and believing in the Bible.

muhammad_isa

The "name" of the LORD is not Allah..
Unless you are an Arab, who speaks Arabic.. :)
Christian Arabs also call G-d 'Allah', which literally means "the God".

Muslims begin their prayers in a similar way to Christians..

Alhamdulillah Rabbil 'aalameen... (All praise is for the God, Lord of the universe)

Our Father, whom art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.

2ndpillar

Unless you are an Arab, who speaks Arabic.. :)
Christian Arabs also call G-d 'Allah', which literally means "the God".

Muslims begin their prayers in a similar way to Christians..

Alhamdulillah Rabbil 'aalameen... (All praise is for the God, Lord of the universe)

Our Father, whom art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
I don't know of any "Christian" who washes out Satan from his nose to prepare for prayer. The pagan gods of the Kabbah numbered around 360, and the "black stone" was one of them, and they like the Muslims, kissed and snuggled it to get closer to their god, who they called Allah, to get closer to Allah, just like the Muslims of today do, except that according to Islamic tradition, the black stone will take on their sins, and on judgment day, the stone will get eyes and a mouth, and be an intercessor for the Muslim. As shown by the coin minted by Uthman, who supposedly had the Koran written down, without dots and vowels, and sent copies to the Arab centers, was shown with his image and a Christian cross, and apparently was a non-Trinitarian Christian, who like the Greeks, put his image on the coin. No original copy or copies of any of those Korans exist of this day, and if the added dots and vowels of today's versions are taken out, the script when converted to Aramaic, can be translated as early "Christian" hymns. Your original 500 prayers were supposedly retrieved from heaven, and by of the itercession of Moses, were cut down to 5 prayers per Islamic tradition, which was mostly written down more than a century after the death of the supposed Mohammed.
The name of the Father of Yeshua (meaning YHWH saves) is YHWH, not "Allah". The term "Allah" comes from the pagan Sabbatian Arabic language which preceded Islam by a bunch, and the term Islam was not in literature of any kind until at least 100 years after the death of this "Mohammed" character. The most likely namesake of "Mohammed" was a Arab leader in Iraq, who was referred to as Mohammed (praised one), who was appointed by the Persians.

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "If anyone of you rouses from sleep and performs the ablution, he should wash his nose by putting water in it and then blowing it out thrice, because Satan has stayed in the upper part of his nose all the night." (Bukhari 3295)

Allah says in the Quran: "Oh you who believe! When you prepare for prayer, wash your faces, and your hands (and arms) to the elbows; rub your head…