• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

By Faith. Why?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Too many unknowns and contradictions in terms of subjective beliefs particularly ancient tribal worldviews to stick your head in the sand.

ALL believers in Christianity have their belief based on 'faith' not evidence regardless of their claims of certainty of faith. By far most inherited the their belief from their culture and sense of community and belonging. Some find it as what they are looking for to satisfy their desire for a sense of community and belonging in terms of 'faith' regardless. Even those that claim to 'find' their faith without being raised in the 'faith' grew up in the broader community and culture of the belief.
I believe that serves a a fantasy.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Genesis 4:1-2

4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Faith Starts With Cain. Faith is Established by Works Under the Law.
I believe that is Judaism. Christianity is faith in Jesus.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe that serves a a fantasy.

Needs further explanation. A simple off-the-wall statement is not coherent. Please respond/.

Too many unknowns and contradictions in terms of subjective beliefs particularly ancient tribal worldviews to stick your head in the sand. Do you know the English definition of 'fantasy.'?

ALL believers in Christianity have their belief based on 'faith' not evidence regardless of their claims of certainty of faith. By far most inherited their belief from their culture and sense of community and belonging. Some find it as what they are looking for to satisfy their desire for a sense of community and belonging in terms of 'faith' regardless. Even those that claim to 'find' their faith without being raised in the 'faith' grew up in the broader community and culture of the belief.

Hawkins

So, what is an atheist doing when he declares that faith in God is without evidence?

The ask for evidence itself is a joke, as humans never rely on evidence to get to truths. They instead rely on faith in human testimonies to get to truths.

Next question is, what evidence shows that Biden won the election but not Trump?
In this case, the vote counters are the eyewitnesses. Their 'testimony' is gathered by an authority who bears the responsiblity of granting credibility to the testimony. Then it is broadcast through a media which you choose to trust to believe the testimony with faith. That's how it works, for any truth to be conveyed among humans.

Similarly, God's truth is witnessed by the chosen prophets, gathered by God's chosen media/people Israel who bears the responsiblity of identifying the credibility of the prophets' testimonies then 'broadcast' to the Jews through Judaism. When the media didn't do the job, the role was switched to Chriistianity with an explicit command of "preaching the good news to all nations", that is, to broadcast Biden (or Trump) has won the election to all the states of America, and for the Americans to believe either Biden or Trump won the election by faith through the media they choose to trust.

Now a truth has been proved though. lol.

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers with the hilarious term 'evidence', so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The ask for evidence itself is a joke, as humans never rely on evidence to get to truths. They instead rely on faith in human testimonies to get to truths.

The verifiably objective evidence of our physical existence is not a joke. It is very real and the reason airplanes fly and computers work, and that evolution has been falsified beyond any reasonable doubt.The joke is on those that search for 'truth' without evidence and fail to realize what they bey subjectively believe is based on faith by definition in the English language.
Next question is, what evidence shows that Biden won the election but not Trump?
In this case, the vote counters are the eyewitnesses. Their 'testimony' is gathered by an authority who bears the responsiblity of granting credibility to the testimony. Then it is broadcast through a media which you choose to trust to believe the testimony with faith. That's how it works, for any truth to be conveyed among humans.

Media regardless of the political slant did not determine the outcome of the election. Is there any question as to the results of the election when all the Courts of Justice in the USA on the State and Federal level confirmed unanimously that Biden won the election beyond any reasonable doubt? Many of these Justices were appointed by Trump.
Similarly, God's truth is witnessed by the chosen prophets, gathered by God's chosen media/people Israel who bears the responsibility of identifying the credibility of the prophets' testimonies then 'broadcast' to the Jews through Judaism. When the media didn't do the job, the role was switched to Chriistianity with an explicit command of "preaching the good news to all nations", that is, to broadcast Biden (or Trump) has won the election to all the states of America, and for the Americans to believe either Biden or Trump won the election by faith through the media they choose to trust.

Now a truth has been proved though. lol.

Which religion and which God's truth? The above is only subjectively confirmed by those that believe it is subjectively confirmed. To propose that tis is proved you have to present a logical argument that is accepted by those that believe it is proven by their faith.

Your argument is so circular it bites you in the butt.
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers with the hilarious term 'evidence', so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Your claims remain subjectively based on belief from your very fallible human perspective, You do not even understand the definition of evidence, which is the basis of ALL science including that which makes airplanes fly and computers work.

Elihoenai

Yes, I know almost all the 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom view this as Judaism.

I Am Christian Gnostic Transcending the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures and New Testament/Greek Scriptures Dichotomy.

Gnosticism

Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems that coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the proto-orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions.

Gnosticism - Wikipedia

Gnosticism, the Enduring Heresy

Eli G

Is "Christian Gnostic Transcending the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures and New Testament/Greek Scriptures Dichotomy" a new denomination in Christendom? :oops:

Elihoenai

Is "Christian Gnostic Transcending the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures and New Testament/Greek Scriptures Dichotomy" a new denomination in Christendom? :oops:
No, Christian Gnosticism is not a new Denomination or Non-denomination. Christian Gnosticism Doctrine is Separate from Mainstream Religious Tradition and has been practiced for thousands of years by a Few throughout the generations.

Elihoenai

What does that "Christian Gnosticism", whatever that is, have to do with Jesus?
Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

The Heavenly Yeshua/Jesus is Christian Gnostic. Elohim/God teaches Esoteric and Exoteric Knowledge in the Holy Scriptures/Bible. Exoteric Knowledge is for Elohim's/God's Earthly/Temporal Church.

Ebionite

A very specific Hellenized faith.

And when he had found [Paul], he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
Acts 11:26

Muffled

Jesus in me
Needs further explanation. A simple off-the-wall statement is not coherent. Please respond/.

Too many unknowns and contradictions in terms of subjective beliefs particularly ancient tribal worldviews to stick your head in the sand. Do you know the English definition of 'fantasy.'?

ALL believers in Christianity have their belief based on 'faith' not evidence regardless of their claims of certainty of faith. By far most inherited their belief from their culture and sense of community and belonging. Some find it as what they are looking for to satisfy their desire for a sense of community and belonging in terms of 'faith' regardless. Even those that claim to 'find' their faith without being raised in the 'faith' grew up in the broader community and culture of the belief.
I believe I have not encountered too many unknowns and contradictions. I believe you have imagined those.

I believe I have not encountered much in the way of tribal worldviews. I would call it minimal at best.

I believe you imagine my head in the sand but I believe I am well aware of what detractors say and why those sayings are false.

I believe I do know the meaning of fantasy.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Christians also believe in Genesis, and the related beliefs of 'Original Sin; and the Fall
I believe Genesis is the Word of God.

Some Christians believe in original sin related to the Garden of Eden but I do not. I believe sin entered in much earlier than that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, I know almost all the 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom view this as Judaism.

I Am Christian Gnostic Transcending the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures and New Testament/Greek Scriptures Dichotomy.

Gnosticism

Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems that coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the proto-orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions.

Gnosticism - Wikipedia

Gnosticism, the Enduring Heresy
I believe personal beliefs that contradict the Word of God are useless.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe Genesis is the Word of God.

Some Christians believe in original sin related to the Garden of Eden but I do not. I believe sin entered in much earlier than that.
If you believe Genesis is the word of God literally than Sin entered into Creation with the Original Sin of Adam and Eve.

Elihoenai

I believe personal beliefs that contradict the Word of God are useless.
Psalm 51:5

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

That means from your perspective, @Muffled, you are a Contradicting Enemy of the Word of Elohim/God and Useless given that you are a Sinner from you mothers Womb. To the Contrary, although the Enemies of Elohim/God are a Contradiction, they are Very Useful.

Every Believer Believes that their Christian Doctrine is Not Contradicting the Word of Elohim/God.

Ebionite

If you believe Genesis is the word of God literally than Sin entered into Creation with the Original Sin of Adam and Eve.
The remedy for that sin was the punishment of the Adam, Eve, and the serpent. There's no reason to think that the descendants of Adam and Eve should have to bear an additional penalty.