• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddhism was the main topic and then I rambled...srry

IAMDONE

I love Buddhism, it is a great Philosophy that I would love to follow.
I cannot because it is a math equation..
Everything about Buddhism is very blunt.
Right action...Right speech...Right intention...and so on.
It is silly. What is right action?
What is right speech?
It is silly. It is a math problem is all it is.
You cannot reach enlightenment following a math problem, it may be a good way to start the spiritual journey for some but it is no way to enlightenment.
Following some steps perfectly is math.
Christianity for example is different in that it actually explains what it means..Be loving, love thy neighbore, don't steal, pray for forgiveness.
Yes I know Buddhism has the similiar things but meditation all day and trying to make yourself be now instead of being love which brings you to now is silly. Not knowing what right intention is is silly.
I don't think chanting words that I don't entirely understand will make magic either. Chanting is a different kind of prayer. A prayer that I find less helpful. When we chant we can become tired and bored and even angry but when we pray we do it for the specific reason at that specific time and it means very very much to us and so it is much more powerful.
My whole family thinks I am going to hell because I am not a Christian and I am too kind to teach them things that are at least more true than their beliefs. I am starting to doubt any kind of a god at all. The Universe exploded because it felt like it and now there are things everywhere. Some have large egos which blind them from seeing that they are related to lower life forms. Scientists have discovered a micro organism outside of a clothing shop in Japan which survives strictly on Nylon. Nylon was man made in the late 1930s...Evolution...Some people say that I am having faith in something I cannot see by believing things like the Nylon micro organism but you have to admit that there is much more to back it up even though it isn't in front of you. "God" hasn't told me he loves me, I have felt "him" strongly but that wasn't "him" that was my minds energy.
The nylon organelle can be backed up by the world looking at it themselves and either telling everyone else that it is false and that the organism is non existent or they can say nothing other than wow. I haven't heard much refuting sooo. But then with god there is nobody that can go to "him" and look at him to judge. Yes I have felt god. SOme say that with what I say I must have never truly known god. I bet them money that I know more about their religion than them and tell them that I was an inch from enlightenment.
I think enlightenment is really the shutting down of the Parietal lobes while insane amounts of DMT are pumping as well as other awesome endorphins which gives no reason or even capablity to go back to hell so the enlightened stay there and are able to absorb all knowledge.
The light becomes so bright that everything becomes clear.
Large amounts of DMT(Spirit molecule)=Large capacities for spirit???
I wouldn't doubt it. Nearly everything about religion is well IDK if designed is the right word anyway nearly everything about religion was designed to release more DMT than normal. The abstaining from any sexual thoughts or urges is a biggie...This is all just a chemical supernova. Spirituality removes fear, when enough fear is replaced with love awareness starts to develope, when enough awareness is developed the mind watches itself as it is performing even the hardest of tasks. What I mean is that it is like your mind is now outside of your body, like it is in a higher plane of existence(maybe it is) looking down on your actual mind as it goes about its normal tasks and when this occurs it is a wonderful thing!
You can stop the SUBCONCIOUSLY negative thoughts even before they form. This is a wonderful thing because it is one of the main points of acceleration, there is no need or desire to turn back and revert to a toad when you are a god lol. When every Neuron rings with the frequency of Love you become enlightened. In the higher spiritual states normal understandings become worthless, you see way past them and they are 2D as you are 5D. You can have a conversation with someone and you will talk on their level while seeing on yours which makes you able to do whatever to them, you could convince them that they were a pokemon if you wanted... BUT you wouldn't!!! Because you are in a higher plane you see much much more and therefore understand what is right and wrong!
So instead you crawl inside them like nobody else has and plant a seed that you know will grow and you even know how will manifest and even the time it will take! When you are right it comforts you. You aren't happy that you were right and others were wrong but instead you are happy that you helped and maybe happy that you have came so far. You don't bother much trying to learn right from others anymore because you can now see them.. You see you and you see them. You listen and learn but you file it differently, it goes into the "save for later, how can this help them?" folder.
Everything, even small creatures become you.
You no longer care if you are laughed at for saving even a spider from a crowded shopping center. You see the creature as you and you pray for those who laugh at you because you see the ignorance inside of them who are you. You react at light speed to do what is necessary to help them "you". You spot the most damaged and blind and heal them. Everything gives more light when you are in this state because everything is kind and loving. Even jumping in front of a car to save someone you hated and losing your legs makes you happy as your legs bleed and the pain is nearly non existent while so many endorphins are going off in your head and so much love in your mind.

satori860

you have a really bad understanding of what buddhism is all about much the same way christians are misled about the gospel and life of jesus. you argue that you cant find enlightment following a "math problem" but the only paths to anything in this world are math problems. we are in the realm of is and is not i know of no one breathing that can refute that. if there is no "math problem" that leads to enlightment then has any "enlightened" person who taught ever been enlightened or are you the first?

Mr Orange

Meditate
Right Speech- Words can save lives and have a massive affect on people lives. Helping explaining things can help others. If we don't have right speech and we lie or have a misunderstanding we can course problems in life for ourselves and others.

Right Action- 1.Not to harm any living being. 2. Not to steal 3.Not have harmful sex/sexual relations 4.false speech (which we have touched upon) 5. Not to touch toxins ie alcohol and drugs. 6.eating meals at an untimely hour 7. wrong entertainment 8. use of perfumes 9.use high seats and 10.accepting gold or silver.

The above can be interoperated differently yet this is the general idea.

Buddhism is about the nature of reality and searching and practicing it through meditation. I disagree that it is a math problem, perhaps we would just have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Buddhism may in fact be an equation; but it is a singularly difficult one to physically solve with ones' life. If it were not, everyone would do it, wouldn't they?

It's much easier to say I hate math, I won't try to solve this equation.

dyanaprajna2011

Dharmapala
Ok, let's see if I can be of some assistance.

I love Buddhism, it is a great Philosophy that I would love to follow.
I cannot because it is a math equation..
Everything about Buddhism is very blunt.

All of the world operates on math. Math is the basis, or the product, of logic.

Right action...Right speech...Right intention...and so on.
It is silly. What is right action?

Right Action is basically following the Five Precepts, or at least the first three, to do no harm to any living being, to abstain from stealing, and to abstain from sexual misconduct.

What is right speech?

Right speech is to abstain from lying, divisive or abusive speech.

I
t is silly. It is a math problem is all it is.
You cannot reach enlightenment following a math problem, it may be a good way to start the spiritual journey for some but it is no way to enlightenment.
Following some steps perfectly is math.

Following logic can lead to enlightenment, and as I have already pointed out, math and logic are intricately tied together.

Christianity for example is different in that it actually explains what it means..Be loving, love thy neighbore, don't steal, pray for forgiveness.
Yes I know Buddhism has the similiar things but meditation all day and trying to make yourself be now instead of being love which brings you to now is silly.

There are similarities between Buddhist and Christian ethics. And what is the Christian view of love? Buddhism teaches that love is to help save all sentient beings, and not view differentiations between them.

Not knowing what right intention is is silly.

Right Intention is the mentality to change the things in us that are unwholesome and unskillful. It is to renounce the things of the world, seeing them as but illusory.

I
don't think chanting words that I don't entirely understand will make magic either.

Nor do I.

Chanting is a different kind of prayer. A prayer that I find less helpful. When we chant we can become tired and bored and even angry but when we pray we do it for the specific reason at that specific time and it means very very much to us and so it is much more powerful.

Chanting, if done with the right intent, can produce the same effects as what you describe Christian prayer to be.

My whole family thinks I am going to hell because I am not a Christian and I am too kind to teach them things that are at least more true than their beliefs. I am starting to doubt any kind of a god at all. The Universe exploded because it felt like it and now there are things everywhere. Some have large egos which blind them from seeing that they are related to lower life forms. Scientists have discovered a micro organism outside of a clothing shop in Japan which survives strictly on Nylon. Nylon was man made in the late 1930s...Evolution...Some people say that I am having faith in something I cannot see by believing things like the Nylon micro organism but you have to admit that there is much more to back it up even though it isn't in front of you.

Religion and science, while normally being mutually opposed to one another, doesn't have to be. Buddhism offers a very empirical worldview.

"God" hasn't told me he loves me, I have felt "him" strongly but that wasn't "him" that was my minds energy.

Mystical experience is highly subjective and open for interpretation. A Christian and a Buddhist can have the same experience, and the Christian can interpret that as experiencing God, while the Buddhist has no need of god terminology. But this doesn't mean that the experience wasn't real.

The nylon organelle can be backed up by the world looking at it themselves and either telling everyone else that it is false and that the organism is non existent or they can say nothing other than wow. I haven't heard much refuting sooo. But then with god there is nobody that can go to "him" and look at him to judge. Yes I have felt god. SOme say that with what I say I must have never truly known god. I bet them money that I know more about their religion than them and tell them that I was an inch from enlightenment.

It is up to you to decide whether or not you believe in any kind of god, but you have to realize that there are more gods than just the Abrahamic one.

I think enlightenment is really the shutting down of the Parietal lobes while insane amounts of DMT are pumping as well as other awesome endorphins which gives no reason or even capablity to go back to hell so the enlightened stay there and are able to absorb all knowledge.

I'm not sure that you can compare such biological processes as conducive to enlightenment, but I may be wrong. However, they do nothing as far as gaining knowledge are concerned.

The light becomes so bright that everything becomes clear.
Large amounts of DMT(Spirit molecule)=Large capacities for spirit???
I wouldn't doubt it. Nearly everything about religion is well IDK if designed is the right word anyway nearly everything about religion was designed to release more DMT than normal. The abstaining from any sexual thoughts or urges is a biggie...This is all just a chemical supernova. Spirituality removes fear, when enough fear is replaced with love awareness starts to develope, when enough awareness is developed the mind watches itself as it is performing even the hardest of tasks. What I mean is that it is like your mind is now outside of your body, like it is in a higher plane of existence(maybe it is) looking down on your actual mind as it goes about its normal tasks and when this occurs it is a wonderful thing!
You can stop the SUBCONCIOUSLY negative thoughts even before they form. This is a wonderful thing because it is one of the main points of acceleration, there is no need or desire to turn back and revert to a toad when you are a god lol. When every Neuron rings with the frequency of Love you become enlightened. In the higher spiritual states normal understandings become worthless, you see way past them and they are 2D as you are 5D. You can have a conversation with someone and you will talk on their level while seeing on yours which makes you able to do whatever to them, you could convince them that they were a pokemon if you wanted... BUT you wouldn't!!! Because you are in a higher plane you see much much more and therefore understand what is right and wrong!
So instead you crawl inside them like nobody else has and plant a seed that you know will grow and you even know how will manifest and even the time it will take! When you are right it comforts you. You aren't happy that you were right and others were wrong but instead you are happy that you helped and maybe happy that you have came so far. You don't bother much trying to learn right from others anymore because you can now see them.. You see you and you see them. You listen and learn but you file it differently, it goes into the "save for later, how can this help them?" folder.
Everything, even small creatures become you.
You no longer care if you are laughed at for saving even a spider from a crowded shopping center. You see the creature as you and you pray for those who laugh at you because you see the ignorance inside of them who are you. You react at light speed to do what is necessary to help them "you". You spot the most damaged and blind and heal them. Everything gives more light when you are in this state because everything is kind and loving. Even jumping in front of a car to save someone you hated and losing your legs makes you happy as your legs bleed and the pain is nearly non existent while so many endorphins are going off in your head and so much love in your mind.

I'm not really sure how to respond to the rest of this post, as it seems like you are just needing some room to vent. Finding the right spiritual path is a very difficult process, but one thing I had to realize was to have fun with the journey. It took me 31 years to find Buddhism, even though, after I found it, I felt like it was inside of me all along. That's what you have to look for. What feels right to you. There are multiple choices out there to search from. Just keep looking, and you will find what is right for you.