• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddha and Christ identical Beings

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It is better we do not argue over things we choose not to change in Faith.

Much better to live a useful life and be silent. RF teaches the wisdom of more silence.

So if someone posts a blatant misrepresentation of my faith or yours, it's best just to agree, and not have any readers see or have the opportunity of an opposing POV?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So if someone posts a blatant misrepresentation of my faith or yours, it's best just to agree, and not have any readers see or have the opportunity of an opposing POV?

I would say this song has a bit of good advice, even if it is based on games of chance, life is a bit like a game of chance;

Regards Tony

ManSinha

Well, to tie it into this thread, does your prophet/founder make any claims as to who God is and his relationship to God? Baha'is are trying very hard to show how Buddha and Jesus are the same, but why do they never mention your prophet? Do you see him as an equal to Jesus and Buddha and sent from the same God?

@CG Didymus - there were 10 living Masters and the 10th transferred his powers and authority for all time to the knowledge contained in the SGGS - There is no mention of Bahá’u’lláh since he came later but generally all the very holy persons through the ages are regarded as having the enlightenment from the Almighty. The general belief is that all are sent from the same source.

As I understand it - the way Sikhism differs is this - the content in the SGGS would theoretically make it possible for anyone to attain the state of being merged with the light and break the birth / death cycle. No need for an intermediary. That is what Sikhs consider the ultimate gift given to them and anyone that cares to look - the word Sikh comes from learning and some one that calls themselves one (theoretically) is always willing to learn.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The earth has one Sun. All life on earth results from that sun.

Now, the difference in the way we see the sun is because of our view in life. Summer, autumn, winter, spring, morning, night south, north, east, west, sea level and top of mountain, nature and nurture.

If we use the medium of science to look at the sun, we can all have our view of the sun, but as a bonus, also know the core principles.

This is Faith in One God and use of the Medium of the Messenger.

A new day is a new day, no matter where you live and what you see.

Regards Tony
The sun kind of looks the same and does the same thing everyday. Prophet/founders of the different religions didn't look the same, and they didn't teach the same stuff. And with some, we don't know how much of what is told about them is real or myth. Like in one of these threads Buddha supposed walked and talked right after being born? I doubt if that really happened. And, I would hope that Baha'is don't believe it either. Yet, the words from the baby Buddha were used to show the similarities between the Buddha and Jesus? No, the truth about religion and God isn't like the Sun.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That would because nobody is a winner if one argues over Faith.

Regards Tony
Then what are we arguing about? Jesus is God. There is reincarnation. The Buddha is not Jesus but an enlightened being. Krishna is an Avatar. And how can we argue about any of those things. They are beliefs people hold. And, who are we to tell them they are wrong? Yet, religious people do argue over beliefs... because most believe their "truths" are right.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
@CG Didymus - there were 10 living Masters and the 10th transferred his powers and authority for all time to the knowledge contained in the SGGS - There is no mention of Bahá’u’lláh since he came later but generally all the very holy persons through the ages are regarded as having the enlightenment from the Almighty. The general belief is that all are sent from the same source.

As I understand it - the way Sikhism differs is this - the content in the SGGS would theoretically make it possible for anyone to attain the state of being merged with the light and break the birth / death cycle. No need for an intermediary. That is what Sikhs consider the ultimate gift given to them and anyone that cares to look - the word Sikh comes from learning and some one that calls themselves one (theoretically) is always willing to learn.
Thanks for the information. I know Baha'is will try and show respect for your beliefs, but I know they don't agree with all of them also. I don't know exactly how they see Sikhism, but I know they rarely, like in never, mention it. They probably group it with other "minor" religious movements. Kind of like what Christians do to them, the Baha'is.

The important belief is with reincarnation, though. So there is a definite separation between religions that believe we live on Earth just once and those that believe we return many times.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The sun kind of looks the same and does the same thing everyday. Prophet/founders of the different religions didn't look the same, and they didn't teach the same stuff. And with some, we don't know how much of what is told about them is real or myth. Like in one of these threads Buddha supposed walked and talked right after being born? I doubt if that really happened. And, I would hope that Baha'is don't believe it either. Yet, the words from the baby Buddha were used to show the similarities between the Buddha and Jesus? No, the truth about religion and God isn't like the Sun.

Now you get the idea.

Elevate yourself above the earth. The sun neither rises or sets. It would appear the same every day.

The earth which is self, prevents the sun shinning in its full splendor in many ways.

The only way we can see the sun with full clarity is in the Messenger, providing earthly distortions of self do not get in the way.

Very few can see with this clarity.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then what are we arguing about? Jesus is God. There is reincarnation. The Buddha is not Jesus but an enlightened being. Krishna is an Avatar. And how can we argue about any of those things. They are beliefs people hold. And, who are we to tell them they are wrong? Yet, religious people do argue over beliefs... because most believe their "truths" are right.

Discussion is not arguing. :) if you feel we are, I am happy to leave it there.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know Baha'is will try and show respect for your beliefs, but I know they don't agree with all of them also. I don't know exactly how they see Sikhism, but I know they rarely, like in never, mention it.

This is a veiw on this;

From a Bahá'í point of view it seems that Guru Nanak is better understood as one of sainthood, rather than independent prophethood. In a letter from the Universal House of Justice, it is stated that Guru Nanak was endowed with a "saintly character". In the same letter, the Universal House of Justice states that he was

"inspired to reconcile the religions of Hinduism and Islám, the followers of which religions had been in violent conflict.... The Bahá'ís thus view Guru Nanak as a 'saint of the highest order' ".

It is not known if the intent was to start a new religion.

Regards Tony

ManSinha

It is not known if the intent was to start a new religion.

I have personally always maintained that, despite common belief to the contrary, the Sikhism is pan en theistic - and I personally view it as more a philosophy - with some very straightforward recommendations - fulfill one's duty, share with others what you have and remember the lord -

It is the only religious text I know that includes compositions from others of different faiths and beliefs in the manner of "walking the walk"

I have had many conversations with individuals from other backgrounds who have read the SGGS and that is all it states - over and over and over

I have a personal belief that the Guru thought we all needed to be told again and again similar to what is said in the US Army (tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them)

There is the religion around the Khalsa - that is a subset of the larger - with more rules around it - not surprisingly considering the initial entry ticket was to offer one's head

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have personally always maintained that, despite common belief to the contrary, the Sikhism is pan en theistic - and I personally view it as more a philosophy - with some very straightforward recommendations - fulfill one's duty, share with others what you have and remember the lord -

It is the only religious text I know that includes compositions from others of different faiths and beliefs in the manner of "walking the walk"

I have had many conversations with individuals from other backgrounds who have read the SGGS and that is all it states - over and over and over

I have a personal belief that the Guru thought we all needed to be told again and again similar to what is said in the US Army (tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, and then tell them what you told them)

There is the religion around the Khalsa - that is a subset of the larger - with more rules around it - not surprisingly considering the initial entry ticket was to offer one's head

I see we share high ideals, I found this;

• Sikhs believe in One God (Satnam, Waheguru)
  • Men and women are equal
  • Rejection of any system of class or caste
  • Deeds are more important than membership of any particular religion
  • A high standard of conduct and morals
  • The importance of service to others
That are all great teachings.

Regards Tony

ManSinha

Why couldn't a people have a religion that was created by them and for them, that had gods and laws that made sense to them and helped maintain the order and power structure of their society?

Actually you do have that - called secular humanism :)

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
What's a 'hearing' in this context? I don't understand.
That is what I was asking about. I'm not sure other than when someone does their Bahia duties to share their information about their religion, I heard it called a "hearing". I gathered it meant the target group was "hearing the word" of the faith?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
That is what I was asking about. I'm not sure other than when someone does their Bahia duties to share their information about their religion, I heard it called a "hearing". I gathered it meant the target group was "hearing the word" of the faith?
Okay. First I've heard about it, but maybe one of the Baha'i adherents here can explain. There is quite a bit of Baha'ispeak I'm still unfamiliar with.