• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brave Mouse Problem

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am suddenly faced with a strikingly brave mouse in my place of living. This mouse comes into full view, right in front of me. One time it either nipped or sniffed my toe. I am a killer of mice. I'm not a mouse lover, and I believe mice to be dangerous, filthy and mean. This is not a typical mouse. It doesn't fear me, and it once in a while comes directly in front of me; and it seems to realize I don't want to touch it. Just now it has run up the HDMI cable to my screen, then run back down; as if it knew I wouldn't touch it. Its like...the way that cats will torment chained up dogs. No, I would not touch a mouse; so maybe it can sense that. Their immune systems are fantastic, and mine is relatively weak. That is why I can't live with mice in the first place. I will get rid of the mouse. Its not going to stay.

My questions are a few for a religious site: First of all, does anyone see a religious significance? (not asking about the science or toxiplasmosis) I shouldn't believe myself to be significant, but it is strange that this mouse wants to dare me. Is this mouse a sign of some sort sort? Maybe I am important. Maybe I have attracted attention. Aside from other reasons, does anyone know of a superstition or a myth or anything about mice that do this? What would a brave mouse mean in a dream? Thanks.

Any other reason why a mouse would choose to appear directly in front of me multiple times, other than toxiplasmosis? Is it trying to get rid of its fleas? Is it challenging me for territory?

Joke answers are Ok. Serious replies are requested.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Perhaps an escaped pet mouse who is used to human. You could ask neighbours if anyone has lost one

Or

You can buy non lethal traps, basically a box with an automatic door. A dab of peanut butter inside will tempt the mouse in and close the door. Mice have a lousy sense of direction so take it a short walk away and let it go

RestlessSoul

If nothing else, this little creature has caused you to challenge the assumption that mice should necessarily be timid. You have received a lesson in courage from a mouse. I think you should consider yourself honoured.

Audie

Veteran Member
Perhaps an escaped pet mouse who is used to human. You could ask neighbours if anyone has lost one

Or

You can buy non lethal traps, basically a box with an automatic door. A dab of peanut butter inside will tempt the mouse in and close the door. Mice have a lousy sense of direction so take it a short walk away and let it go
I say, keep it in a nice cage and study it's habits

Audie

Veteran Member
I am suddenly faced with a strikingly brave mouse in my place of living. This mouse comes into full view, right in front of me. One time it either nipped or sniffed my toe. I am a killer of mice. I'm not a mouse lover, and I believe mice to be dangerous, filthy and mean. This is not a typical mouse. It doesn't fear me, and it once in a while comes directly in front of me; and it seems to realize I don't want to touch it. Just now it has run up the HDMI cable to my screen, then run back down; as if it knew I wouldn't touch it. Its like...the way that cats will torment chained up dogs. No, I would not touch a mouse; so maybe it can sense that. Their immune systems are fantastic, and mine is relatively weak. That is why I can't live with mice in the first place. I will get rid of the mouse. Its not going to stay.

My questions are a few for a religious site: First of all, does anyone see a religious significance? (not asking about the science or toxiplasmosis) I shouldn't believe myself to be significant, but it is strange that this mouse wants to dare me. Is this mouse a sign of some sort sort? Maybe I am important. Maybe I have attracted attention. Aside from other reasons, does anyone know of a superstition or a myth or anything about mice that do this? What would a brave mouse mean in a dream? Thanks.

Any other reason why a mouse would choose to appear directly in front of me multiple times, other than toxiplasmosis? Is it trying to get rid of its fleas? Is it challenging me for territory?

My ex boyfriend had a ball python ( small
species). He fed it mice. They often came up
and sniffed the snake's nose, it looked suicidal!
And it was.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Some of us grew up without cable TV. I don't recognize this cartoon, but it looks like its a Hanna-Barbara product.

mousescooby.png

Audie

Veteran Member

Ypu may want to use it as the basis for a sci fi
novel as a counterpart to " TheThree Body Problem".

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have no joke or serious answers. But, it reminds me of another brave mouse we called Buttmunch.

He was at the first home I moved into after leaving my parent's house. He was just a lone guy; we never saw any more than him. But, he'd only come out when someone played the guitar. My roommate would get it out, and little by little, he'd creep out, until someone spotted him, then he'd scurry away.

I was more bashful than my roommate, and tended to only play the guitar when there wasn't people around. I came home to an empty house one night, got myself a bowl of peanuts, and sat down to play some music. After a song or two, I stopped and went to grab a handful of peanuts... only to see that Buttmunch, with no one around to point him out, had gotten so far as the arm of my chair, and was sitting next to me, eating my peanuts.

pearl

I will just use a trap with some peanut butter. Mice cannot resist that.

They become very sneaky and proficient in getting the pb without springing the trap. I have almost a constant mouse problem. The dog has actually caught a few. Tried every sort of trap there is, including the 'glue paper' which is horrible as the mouse squeaks trying to move off the paper. He is probably looking at you for a chance to sneak by and look for food. Its almost a given there are more than one.