• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brahman or God or Allah

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if any of those concepts called brahman, god, allah are eternal and existing always in the past, present, future, basically the now, then why aren't it's seekers having a direct relationship with it NOW? why aren't they experiencing it NOW?

a double spirited person is unstable in all it's ways. where is mind?

NOW

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
if any of those concepts called brahman, god, allah are eternal and existing always in the past, present, future, basically the now, then why aren't it's seekers having a direct relationship with it NOW? why aren't they experiencing it NOW?

NOW

The seeker is still seeking, but hasn't found God yet. If they continue seeking they'll find God in the form that best suits their needs.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The seeker is still seeking, but hasn't found God yet. If they continue seeking they'll find God in the form that best suits their needs.
but if they die never having the direct experience, how could they miss it?

if the son of man is coming in his glory, why do they not glorify what is within their grasp since it exists in all space/time

why not glorify the light/love within?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
but if they die never having the direct experience, how could they miss it?
If they die they are no more, and their journey is no more. Whether or not they found what they were looking for their story is complete. That's how I see it at least. But then again I'd like to believe that those who seek always find, just not always in the way they expect to.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Maybe they are?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My concept is that Brahman (aka 'physical energy') is not a God.
Though nearly all Hindus consider Brahman to be the Supreme Spirit.
According to my view you too are Brahman as every other thing in the universe is, but you do not realize it.
God and Allah are a completely different concept than my concept of Brahman.
What to talk of a relationship with Brahman when I myself am 100% Brahman HERE and NOW?

ameyAtmA

~ ~
Premium Member
if any of those concepts called brahman, god, allah are eternal and existing always in the past, present, future, basically the now, then why aren't it's seekers having a direct relationship with it NOW?
Who says they aren't?

why aren't they experiencing it NOW?
How do you know they aren't?
Some are, some -- maybe not always , and some are not paying attention, some are not aware,
or... all these beings are not different beings at all, just some transient states that have nothing to do with it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
My concept is that Brahman (aka 'physical energy') is not a God.
Though nearly all Hindus consider Brahman to be the Supreme Spirit.
According to my view you too are Brahman as every other thing in the universe is, but you do not realize it.
God and Allah are a completely different concept than my concept of Brahman.
What to talk of a relationship with Brahman when I myself am 100% Brahman HERE and NOW?
But Allah and God are considered eternal. Eternal isn't something that is limited to linear. It's pointless in all directions because it has no contrast, no limit(s).

Self can't be in contrast to such a being as eternal. Self is eternal only within in it and not in contrast to it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I have no self. That is only an illusion.
I do not believe in existence of God / Allah, nor his sons / prophets / messengers / manifestations / mahdis.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Some have realized existence in the timelessness of now, others are on the path to realization, the rest are not yet ready to start the path.

The path to God realization is the most difficult thing, living in time is the easiest thing, so most will never in this lifetime realize the underlying oneness of existence.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Some have realized existence in the timelessness of now, others are on the path to realization, the rest are not yet ready to start the path.

The path to God realization is the most difficult thing, living in time is the easiest thing, so most will never in this lifetime realize the underlying oneness of existence.
there is no path if God is limitless. God is the path, the beginning, the end, the first and last step, the pointless end, the pointless beginning. The eternal being has no otherness to point to

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
there is no path if God is limitless. God is the path, the beginning, the end, the first and last step, the pointless end, the pointless beginning. The eternal being has no otherness to point to
The path in the context of seeking God is not a conceptual path silly, but a spiritual practice that leads the seeker to realize what and who they really are!

And consider this before you write further, all conceptualizations are obstacles to realizing God. So my own post to you is using concepts to say that concepts prevent the seeker from realizing God because God is beyond all concepts. Do you understand why this is so?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The label is irrelevant. The eternal has an infinite number of names. The dao that can be named is not the infinite, eternal dao
There are two kinds of 'dao'. One that you worship and which will give you everlasting life; the other that I do not need to worship. :)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
One 'dao' is for theists like @Fool, the other is for atheists like me. Our concepts differ. :)
i'm not a theist. i'm a monist. i and the being are ONE. there is no separation/contrast to the point.

the 10th dimension the beginning is at the end and the first is like the last. i am alpha and omega

i first read of this point in the tertium organum by pd ouspensky

Tertium Organum Index

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

NOW

Going on the belief that we were created in His Image my understanding is that likeness is nearness. So the more virtuous, kind, loving, thoughtful, forgiving, kind, generous etc we are, the closer we are to experiencing God within us.

We cannot be God but we can follow in His Ways and become virtuous.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Going on the belief that we were created in His Image my understanding is that likeness is nearness. So the more virtuous, kind, loving, thoughtful, forgiving, kind, generous etc we are, the closer we are to experiencing God within us.
if god is within us then we can't be outwardly separate from it. it wouldn't be infinite, eternal.

We cannot be God but we can follow in His Ways and become virtuous.
then god cannot be eternal because you have limited it. eternal isn't exclusively a linear concept. it can be limited in any place, or time, and be eternal, infinite.