• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boys in the Girls shower room?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I am wondering if Jerry Browns new law while having the best of intentions making transgendered people feel more comfortable might make even more folks feel uncomfortable.

Probably. I think most people could become comfortable with nudity if they were exposed [pun intended] to going nude themselves for a while. It seems to me from my own experience and the experience of friends of mine that it's pretty easy to get comfortable with it if you yourself are willing to do it for a few hours.

I see the possibility for abuse with transgendered posers.

Good point.

While nudity does not bother me, the last thing I would want to do is offend someone with my nudity.

We share the same views here, Rick. When you come to Colorado, I'll take you to Valley View Hot Springs. The place is so beautiful, it's sacred to many people, and you can often hear them speak in whispers, as if they were in a cathedral.

The offer is serious, by the way.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
That's a good question, but one I have no clue at all how to answer. :sorry1:

LOL, think of all the combinations of transgendered AND homosexuality and Lesbianism.

A man could be castrated and have a vagina constructed and a woman could have an addadicktome and could be married legally everywhere.

So could the same man who was not castrated to the same woman.

But two natural penis bearers cannot be legally married.

The possibilities go on and on.

I have always had crushes on lesbians, If I was to be a transgendered person, could I achieve those fantasies? Would it be gay? It would be legal and we could get married.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have always had crushes on lesbians, If I was to be a transgendered person, could I achieve those fantasies? Would it be gay? It would be legal and we could get married.

Good luck to you! Maybe everything will work out and you'll find a lesbian someday -- someone that, hopefully, your wife approves of! :rainbow1: That might be more interesting than you have yet dreamed of, Rick!

Lesbians are a turn off for me. I have had a few lesbian friends and I've gotten a lot out of those friendships, but I just can't get sexually excited about them. The thought of being with someone who doesn't want sex with me is devastating. But I know you're not supposed to think that way about it. You're supposed to think of them as still getting turned on by you. I'm a flop when it comes to that, though.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Good luck to you! Maybe everything will work out and you'll find a lesbian someday -- someone that, hopefully, your wife approves of! :rainbow1: That might be more interesting than you have yet dreamed of, Rick!

Lesbians are a turn off for me. I have had a few lesbian friends and I've gotten a lot out of those friendships, but I just can't get sexually excited about them. The thought of being with someone who doesn't want sex with me is devastating. But I know you're not supposed to think that way about it. You're supposed to think of them as still getting turned on by you. I'm a flop when it comes to that, though.
You know, I would be satisfied just having a friendship with a butch lesbian and we could just hang out like one of the guys. Come to think of it that is just the opposite of the other possibility.

The point I am trying to make is transgendered people want to be straight just of the opposite sex. I guess there are no transgendered and gay folks which makes me wonder why the GLBT has a T?

If I was a principle, if a boy wanted to shower with the girls, I would say sure, just after we take a ride to the hospital. I would be kidding of course, but could you see him sign a bunch of papers thinking he is going to hit the showers and you convince him we are going to remove his penis? A boy posing that is.......:D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I heard on the radio today that California passed a law allowing gender challenged people to use either shower room they wish.

While I sympathise with folks having gender issues, should the girls in gym class be required to shower with a penis in full view of them?

Should they have to undress in front of others?

Now call me a pervert if you wish, I would have done anything to step into the girls shower room when I was in school. Call it a fantasy if you wish, but what will the current law do to address this?

Ah...the reality of high school gym vs. the fantasy.

We rarely took showers, because we were hardly given enough time after gym class to change back into our school clothes and haul *** to our next class, after gym. Changing was a discreet process - usually done behind curtain. Girls didn't pay attention to each other. I don't recall seeing anyone half naked, let alone fully nude.

And I'm not mental - I had less than fifteen minutes to clean up and get the hell out of there most of the time. Staring at other people wasn't something that concerned me.

That was the real world in my middle and high school.

Now, let me answer your questions in this context. Girls don't have to shower or undress in front of each other now in our school system, so this is a non-issue. If you identify as a girl, you can dress and shower in the girls locker and shower room without issue - at least in our local school systems - unless they've radically changed the locker and shower rooms since 1997.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

We rarely took showers, because we were hardly given enough time after gym class to change back into our school clothes and haul *** to our next class, after gym. Changing was a discreet process - usually done behind curtain. Girls didn't pay attention to each other. I don't recall seeing anyone half naked, let alone fully nude.

And I'm not mental - I had less than fifteen minutes to clean up and get the hell out of there most of the time. Staring at other people wasn't something that concerned me.

Now, let me answer your questions in this context. Girls don't have to shower or undress in front of each other now in our school system, so this is a non-issue. If you identify as a girl, you can dress and shower in the girls locker and shower room without issue - at least in our local school systems - unless they've radically changed the locker and shower rooms since 1997.
So why do we have seperate rooms for?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You know, I would be satisfied just having a friendship with a butch lesbian and we could just hang out like one of the guys.

I was working as a cocktail waiter in a gay bar when I met Connie. She looked so rough and tough, Rick, that I thought she was a man at first. And she never smiled at all. Then, one night, I was having a very bad time of it. Everything was going wrong and it must have showed, for when I got to Connie's table she suddenly grabbed me, head butted me, put on a wonderful smile, and said, "I like you!"

After that, we became friends. Such friends that I would now and then buy her supper.

The point I am trying to make is transgendered people want to be straight just of the opposite sex. I guess there are no transgendered and gay folks which makes me wonder why the GLBT has a T?

Interesting questions.

If I was a principle, if a boy wanted to shower with the girls, I would say sure, just after we take a ride to the hospital. I would be kidding of course, but could you see him sign a bunch of papers thinking he is going to hit the showers and you convince him we are going to remove his penis? A boy posing that is.......:D

I'd love to see that! It would make a good scene in a movie.

Skwim

Veteran Member
While I sympathise with folks having gender issues, should the girls in gym class be required to shower with a penis in full view of them?
I think the girls would have a tougher time having a male see their bare breasts and vagina, than seeing a penis.

"Have to"? No more so than boys having to undress in front of other boys, or girls having to undress in front of other girls

Now call me a pervert if you wish, I would have done anything to step into the girls shower room when I was in school. Call it a fantasy if you wish, but what will the current law do to address this?
I'll call you a pervert. Not because you wanted to see naked girls, but just because. ;)

A

angellous_evangellous

I heard on the radio today that California passed a law allowing gender challenged people to use either shower room they wish.

Equality is such a challenging concept.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Curious George

Veteran Member
AB 1266   Assembly Bill – CHAPTERED

I believe the change to (f) is causing the hoopla here. Not really a problem nor would anyone pursuing enforcing the right to switch back and forth likely win a legal battle. But I really see no problem with the bill. And save a few exceptions kids don't shower naked at schools anymore. We should remember that we are talking about a very small number of instances and given pupil rights which favor the child schools should be able to work out any concerns on a case by case basis. The outcome of which should be acceptable to the transgendered child.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Unfortunately for intersex and transgender people, we've extensively set up our society as though they didn't exist.

A

angellous_evangellous

Unfortunately for intersex and transgender people, we've extensively set up our society as though they didn't exist.

Yes. Along with anyone else who is not a rich white male.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
There's a difference between transgender and sexuality; it seems like the two are being conflated.

Gender identity is basically the sort of gender you perceive yourself to have. A transgender person is someone who's physical (or assigned) sex does not match their perceived gender.

As such, I do not have a problem with someone who consistently views and comports themselves as a particular gender to partake of the facilities for that gender.

I don't have a set opinion regarding sexuality, but I am inclined to have people simply stay in the facility for their gender, regardless of sexuality.

I also don't think it would be the worse thing in the world to have a private room or shower for those who are still figuring things out or who desire privacy.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Given this:

I think there shouldnt be a terrible amount of problems in any case.

NIX

Daughter of Chaos
Three options- female anatomy shared section, male anatomy shared section, private stall section with curtains for ANYONE who is uncomfortable in the shared section- for WHATEVER reason.

I personally see no reason that every shower head can't come with a curtain.
How much does a shower curtain cost, really??