• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Born of God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Who are those that are born of God?

John 1:12 - 14
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

lostwanderingsoul

To be born of God you must first die. Jesus died and then rose from the grave as a spiritual being. He was at that point "born again" or born of God. Many people believe they are already "born again" but if they did not die first then they could not be born a second time. When you are born of God you will be a spirit because God is a spirit. Flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdom so one must die and then be born again as a spirit being to be part of God's kingdom. At the present time this has not happened to anyone except Jesus. Others will get their turn when Jesus returns and raises them from their graves the same way He rose from the grave.

sooda

Veteran Member

John 1:12 - 14
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

"Sons of God" and "children of God" are applied also to Israel as a people (comp. Ex. iv. 22 and Hos. xi. 1) and to all members of the human race. Yet the term by no means carries the idea of physical descent from, and essential unity with, God the Father.

Sky Rivers

To be born of God you must first die. Jesus died and then rose from the grave as a spiritual being. He was at that point "born again" or born of God. Many people believe they are already "born again" but if they did not die first then they could not be born a second time. When you are born of God you will be a spirit because God is a spirit. Flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdom so one must die and then be born again as a spirit being to be part of God's kingdom. At the present time this has not happened to anyone except Jesus. Others will get their turn when Jesus returns and raises them from their graves the same way He rose from the grave.
Hmm... makes me think.

lostwanderingsoul

Hmm... makes me think.
Very good. Most people do not think. They just accept the baloney dished out by so called experts who are really just brain washed themselves. For someone to be born physically takes a mother and a father. One cell from each combine to form a new life. To be born spiritually takes God's spirit joining with a human spirit to form a new spiritual life. And God says that which is born of the spirit IS spirit ( not flesh and blood). So if you can see and touch a flesh and blood person then that person is NOT born of the spirit. They will be born when they rise from their graves at the return of Jesus. Yes, please think and study. You will find a lot that differs from what is called "Christian".

Sky Rivers

Very good. Most people do not think. They just accept the baloney dished out by so called experts who are really just brain washed themselves. For someone to be born physically takes a mother and a father. One cell from each combine to form a new life. To be born spiritually takes God's spirit joining with a human spirit to form a new spiritual life. And God says that which is born of the spirit IS spirit ( not flesh and blood). So if you can see and touch a flesh and blood person then that person is NOT born of the spirit. They will be born when they rise from their graves at the return of Jesus. Yes, please think and study. You will find a lot that differs from what is called "Christian".
Agreed.

I think this is the best answer:

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
jesus had to die to become born of god?

jesus didn't say you had to die. he said you had to be born again of spirit and water. to immerse oneself in the name of names and to believe becomes reality.

he said that which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of spirit is spirit.

I will proclaim the LORD's decree: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have become your father.

sooda

Veteran Member
I think this is the best answer:

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn't commit sin, because his seed remains in him; and he can't sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn't do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn't love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10

In Judaism "satan" is not a sentient being but a metaphor for the evil inclination – the yetzer hara – that exists in every person and tempts us to do wrong.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"Sons of God" and "children of God" are applied also to Israel as a people (comp. Ex. iv. 22 and Hos. xi. 1) and to all members of the human race. Yet the term by no means carries the idea of physical descent from, and essential unity with, God the Father.
jesus said you are the light of the world, the new jerusalem set on a hill cannot be hid.

6. Then saith to me Man-Shepherd: Didst understand this Vision what it means?

Nay; that shall I know, I said.

That Light, He said, am I, thy God, Mind, prior to Moist Nature which appeared from Darkness; the Light-Word (Logos) [that appeared] from Mind is Son of God.

What then?—say I.

Know that what sees in thee 1 and hears is the Lord’s Word (Logos); but Mind is Father-God. Not separate are they the one from other; just in their union [rather] is it Life consists.

Thanks be to Thee, I said.

those born of flesh will never understand this. those born of mind, of insight, understand.

Eccl 12:7 KJV Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the mind/spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In Judaism "satan" is not a sentient being but a metaphor for the evil inclination – the yetzer hara – that exists in every person and tempts us to do wrong.
very, very good.

Matt 6:21-Matt 6:23 KJV For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

jesus had to die to become born of god?

jesus didn't say you had to die. he said you had to be born again of spirit and water. to immerse oneself in the name of names and to believe becomes reality.

he said that which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of spirit is spirit.

I will proclaim the LORD's decree: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have become your father.
Yes, you got part of it right. That which is born of the spirit IS spirit. Are you spirit? If I can see and touch you then you are NOT spirit. You are not born of the spirit.