• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

Tambourine

Though it received little media attention, SPLC recently settled with and had to apologize to Maajid Nawaz, an anti-Islamist activist who was maligned by the organization as an anti-Muslim extremist.

Nawaz was not an anti-Muslim extremist, but in fact a Muslim who turned away from the radical Islamist views of his youth and now uses his organization, Quilliam, to fight extremism.

The bottom line is: Shedding light on genuinely violent and extremist groups is a noble endeavor, but it’s inappropriate for the media to continually cite SPLC as an authoritative source on hate without acknowledging its progressive agenda and conflation of extremist groups with mainstream ones.

Southern Poverty Law Center Bias Exposed
Do you disagree with their assessment of Breitbart News and Steve Bannon as biased sources aligned with the political goals of Neonazis?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Good grief your outrage is all false.
Ofcom received over 2000 complaints about Big Brother in 2015 - it means nothing

You right wingers are certainly snowflakes. ooh you hurt my feelings with your nasty thoughts; murder someone, that's fine. Reveal your thoughts, wah, wah I'm going to Ofcom.

The Left and their double standards go together like a horse and carriage.

How anyone can defend someone that even thinks that they want someone to die never mind says it is despicable.

The Left has certainly lost its moral compass.

I am glad that I am on the Right and don’t have to find excuses for their derangement.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Left and their double standards go together like a horse and carriage.

How anyone can defend someone that even thinks that they want someone to die never mind says it is despicable.

The Left has certainly lost its moral compass.

I am glad that I am on the Right and don’t have to find excuses for their derangement.
At least the left has morals to lose.

Words and milk shakes offend the right
Cold blooded murder doesn't offend the right

Shame

Notanumber

A Free Man
At least the left has morals to lose.

Words and milk shakes offend the right
Cold blooded murder doesn't offend the right

Shame

The Left wants to remove the use of words from the Right.

The Left has lost the argument so they want to close down the conversation.

It used to be good to talk but the Left would rather shout everyone else down and remove free speech.

As this demonstrates, hate crimes only apply to the Right.

Instead of being punished for her hatefulness, the BBC will no doubt give her a highly paid job at the taxpayers’ expense.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Left wants to remove the use of words from the Right.

The Left has lost the argument so they want to close down the conversation.

It used to be good to talk but the Left would rather shout everyone else down and remove free speech.

As this demonstrates, hate crimes only apply to the Right.

Instead of being punished for her hatefulness, the BBC will no doubt give her a highly paid job at the taxpayers’ expense.
Where as the right assault and murders the dissenters.
This right wing government in our country will not allow itself to be scrutinised, avoids TV channels that question it. Announces policy not debated in Parliament - it is becoming a dictatorship - is this what "Get our sovereignty back" meant?
It is the Right who are shutting down debate, not the left.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Another PMQs today.

1. Starmer asks factually accurate question.
2. Johnson trots out rambling, dissembling BS.
3. Return to 1.

One question involved Starmer quoting what the official guidance on care homes had been (until 13 March), Johnson replied that it did not say what Starmer quoted. Let's see the official government wording from the government website:

"This guidance is intended for the current position in the UK where there is currently no transmission of COVID-19 in the community. It is therefore very unlikely that anyone receiving care in a care home or the community will become infected."

taken from:

Guidance for social or community care and residential settings on COVID-19

What a surprise, Starmer was correct.

Why can a serial liar like Liar Johnson not at least come up with lies that are not so easy to prove to be lies as this lie?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Where as the right assault and murders the dissenters.
This right wing government in our country will not allow itself to be scrutinised, avoids TV channels that question it. Announces policy not debated in Parliament - it is becoming a dictatorship - is this what "Get our sovereignty back" meant?
It is the Right who are shutting down debate, not the left.

Try voting them out of office and see how far you get.

The voting public is onto you lefties as the last election proved beyond doubt.

The only thing you can do about it is moan just as you did over Brexit.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Try voting them out of office and see how far you get.

The voting public is onto you lefties as the last election proved beyond doubt.

The only thing you can do about it is moan just as you did over Brexit.
It goes in cycles, we thought the centre left was in for ever in The Blair years, people will soon tire of these muppets.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Once again Johnson was humiliated at today's PQMs. He had to result to lying to answer Starmer's questions - mind you that is second nature for Johnson

Notanumber

A Free Man
Dream on, we are sleeping, anyway, I'm central, not left. You are just so far right that I appear to be on the left.

You are sleeping regarding anti-Semitism and delusional about the rest, but these are leftist traits so are only to be expected.

Jewish groups say Sir Keir Starmer too soft on MPs, including Diane Abbott, who met expelled activists | News | The Times

Last night anti-racism campaigners accused Sir Keir of 'moral and political cowardice' in failing to suspend the two MPs from the party for sharing a platform with such speakers.

Labour is under investigation by the Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) over its anti-Semitism problem, and earlier this week former deputy leadership candidate Dawn Butler admitted the party would be found guilty of institutional racism.

Rather than addressing anti-Jewish racism, both MPs attacked the anti-Jeremy Corbyn wing of the party, blaming it for December's devastating general election defeat.

Euan Phillips, spokesman for Labour Against Anti-Semitism, added: 'When Sir Keir signed the Board of Deputies pledge, there was an expectation that as party leader he would honour those pledges. Today he has failed to do so.

'Instead of removing the parliamentary whip and insisting that Jennie Formby suspend their party membership, as he could have done, Sir Keir has demonstrated a disappointing level of moral and political cowardice.'

Diane Abbott and Bell Ribeiro-Addy disciplined by Sir Keir Starmer over Zoom call anti-semitism | Daily Mail Online

from the comments –

This was Kier Starmer's gift wrapped opportunity to stamp his authority on the party and he bottled it!

They don't change because they cannot and do not want to, Starker is too weak to change the Nasty Labour into something that offers an alternative.

How is Abbott still claiming exorbitant wages and still in a job...sack her NOW...!!!!!

I think it's about time Abbott should be kicked out of politics. She's awful. What a thing to say... mind boggling

Keir Starmer is in no position to kick anyone out of the party. Momentum and the Marxist left are really in charge.

What made you think he could do anything ! We need an effective opposition which labour is not !

Can someone, anyone explain how DA ever even got a job in politics, let alone still has one?!

All the comments about Long-Bailey being the Corbyn continuity candidate now seem hollow as it looks like the dull as dishwater Sir Keir is the actual Corbyn continuity candidate leader now

I still can't believe that Corbyn made Abbott Shadow Home Secretary to uphold law and order. Corbyn should now be expelled.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You are sleeping regarding anti-Semitism and delusional about the rest, but these are leftist traits so are only to be expected.

Jewish groups say Sir Keir Starmer too soft on MPs, including Diane Abbott, who met expelled activists | News | The Times

Last night anti-racism campaigners accused Sir Keir of 'moral and political cowardice' in failing to suspend the two MPs from the party for sharing a platform with such speakers.

Labour is under investigation by the Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) over its anti-Semitism problem, and earlier this week former deputy leadership candidate Dawn Butler admitted the party would be found guilty of institutional racism.

Rather than addressing anti-Jewish racism, both MPs attacked the anti-Jeremy Corbyn wing of the party, blaming it for December's devastating general election defeat.

Euan Phillips, spokesman for Labour Against Anti-Semitism, added: 'When Sir Keir signed the Board of Deputies pledge, there was an expectation that as party leader he would honour those pledges. Today he has failed to do so.

'Instead of removing the parliamentary whip and insisting that Jennie Formby suspend their party membership, as he could have done, Sir Keir has demonstrated a disappointing level of moral and political cowardice.'

Diane Abbott and Bell Ribeiro-Addy disciplined by Sir Keir Starmer over Zoom call anti-semitism | Daily Mail Online

from the comments –

This was Kier Starmer's gift wrapped opportunity to stamp his authority on the party and he bottled it!

They don't change because they cannot and do not want to, Starker is too weak to change the Nasty Labour into something that offers an alternative.

How is Abbott still claiming exorbitant wages and still in a job...sack her NOW...!!!!!

I think it's about time Abbott should be kicked out of politics. She's awful. What a thing to say... mind boggling

Keir Starmer is in no position to kick anyone out of the party. Momentum and the Marxist left are really in charge.

What made you think he could do anything ! We need an effective opposition which labour is not !

Can someone, anyone explain how DA ever even got a job in politics, let alone still has one?!

All the comments about Long-Bailey being the Corbyn continuity candidate now seem hollow as it looks like the dull as dishwater Sir Keir is the actual Corbyn continuity candidate leader now

I still can't believe that Corbyn made Abbott Shadow Home Secretary to uphold law and order. Corbyn should now be expelled.
It'll get sorted in good time.
Why do you, a supporter of racist people, keep hammering on about this? Labour knows it is a problem and will sort it or die.

At the moment we have more important things to worry about...
1. An incompetent dictator ruling our country in a fashion that would make Trump look good.
2. Brexit - nothing is happening

... and you, a racist supporter, keeps going on about anti-semitism in a party who hasn't governed for 10-years.

Do you believe it is right for our PM to lie and deceive in Parliament?

Notanumber

A Free Man
It'll get sorted in good time.
Why do you, a supporter of racist people, keep hammering on about this? Labour knows it is a problem and will sort it or die.

At the moment we have more important things to worry about...
1. An incompetent dictator ruling our country in a fashion that would make Trump look good.
2. Brexit - nothing is happening

... and you, a racist supporter, keeps going on about anti-semitism in a party who hasn't governed for 10-years.

Do you believe it is right for our PM to lie and deceive in Parliament?

Try telling that to the Jews.

The Labour party is divisive if nothing else.

As much as they and their supporters would like, they can’t keep sweeping anti-Semitism under the carpet.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Try telling that to the Jews.

The Labour party is divisive if nothing else.

As much as they and their supporters would like, they can’t keep sweeping anti-Semitism under the carpet.
Yawn:facepalm:

Change the tune, there is a virus killing this country economically and financially.

Labour are in opposition, Labour can do nothing apart from scrutinise.
What about the Tory anti-Muslim problems, they are as bad if not worse than Labour problems with the Jewish community.

Once again you fail to answer my question, Do you believe it is right for our PM to lie and deceive in Parliament?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Yawn:facepalm:

Change the tune, there is a virus killing this country economically and financially.

Labour are in opposition, Labour can do nothing apart from scrutinise.
What about the Tory anti-Muslim problems, they are as bad if not worse than Labour problems with the Jewish community.

Once again you fail to answer my question, Do you believe it is right for our PM to lie and deceive in Parliament?

It must be very embarrassing for you to be reminded of the pitiful state of the current opposition.

When Sir Keir has shown that he is capable running his own party, he might be considered capable of running the country instead of just point scoring from the sidelines.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It must be very embarrassing for you to be reminded of the pitiful state of the current opposition.

When Sir Keir has shown that he is capable running his own party, he might be considered capable of running the country instead of just point scoring from the sidelines.
I don't need reminding, I know it has been pitiful since Miliband left.
I look forward though, not backwards. Starmer will be fine, it is difficult to show the normal unity in these times.

Still not answering my questions as usual. Just like Johnson and his cronies.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I see Ms Dorries and Ms Allen had been reprimanded for sharing right wing edited versions of a Starmer interview to try to smear him.

Tory MPs reprimanded by party for sharing 'far-right' video smearing Keir Starmer

Has this Tory government no shame?

EX_J7lNXYAgU5Bp