• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Dealing with you is like dealing with The Riddler.

I am do sorry you do not comprehend basic humanity, you must miss so much in life.

Think that no one else has a problem dealing with me so the answer must be???

Notanumber

A Free Man
I am do sorry you do not comprehend basic humanity, you must miss so much in life.

Think that no one else has a problem dealing with me so the answer must be???

I would not be so arrogant as to claim that, I accept that some others have a problem dealing with me.

That’s life.

Fortunately, we are not all the same. Life would be very boring if we were.

Altfish

Veteran Member
EU5urFYWsAE2UQB

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
How wrong is that?

As wrong as killing by austerity.

"Results Spending constraints between 2010 and 2014 were associated with an estimated 45 368 (95% CI 34 530 to 56 206) higher than expected number of deaths compared with pre-2010 trends. Deaths in those aged ≥60 and in care homes accounted for the majority. PES was more strongly linked with care home and home mortality than PEH, with each £10 per capita decline in real PES associated with an increase of 5.10 (3.65–6.54) (p<0.001) care home deaths per 100 000. These associations persisted in lag analyses and after adjustment for macroeconomic factors. Furthermore, we found that changes in real PES per capita may be linked to mortality mostly via changes in nurse numbers. Projections to 2020 based on 2009-2014 trend was cumulatively linked to an estimated 152 141 (95% CI 134 597 and 169 685) additional deaths.

Conclusions Spending constraints, especially PES, are associated with a substantial mortality gap. We suggest that spending should be targeted on improving care delivered in care homes and at home; and maintaining or increasing nurse numbers."

-BMJ Open.

"BMJ Open is an online, open access journal, dedicated to publishing medical research from all disciplines and therapeutic areas."

Effects of health and social care spending constraints on mortality in England: a time trend analysis

ChristineM

Premium Member
As wrong as killing by austerity.

"Results Spending constraints between 2010 and 2014 were associated with an estimated 45 368 (95% CI 34 530 to 56 206) higher than expected number of deaths compared with pre-2010 trends. Deaths in those aged ≥60 and in care homes accounted for the majority. PES was more strongly linked with care home and home mortality than PEH, with each £10 per capita decline in real PES associated with an increase of 5.10 (3.65–6.54) (p<0.001) care home deaths per 100 000. These associations persisted in lag analyses and after adjustment for macroeconomic factors. Furthermore, we found that changes in real PES per capita may be linked to mortality mostly via changes in nurse numbers. Projections to 2020 based on 2009-2014 trend was cumulatively linked to an estimated 152 141 (95% CI 134 597 and 169 685) additional deaths.

Conclusions Spending constraints, especially PES, are associated with a substantial mortality gap. We suggest that spending should be targeted on improving care delivered in care homes and at home; and maintaining or increasing nurse numbers."

-BMJ Open.

"BMJ Open is an online, open access journal, dedicated to publishing medical research from all disciplines and therapeutic areas."

Effects of health and social care spending constraints on mortality in England: a time trend analysis

And if this were not a "joke" the NHS would be well funded
brexit bus.jpg

I realised yesterday that only hospital deaths from covid-19 are used in the reported figures. Care homes and death at home are not shown in the stats reported.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Unlike some, I am a realist that would rather argue a point than criticize the person for making it.

BTW, I don’t need to alter the other persons post in the process.

A realist in your own mind.

Typical of the fundimentalist one track mindset... Just like the person is not their religion you are not your politics.

I did not alter, i quoted selected text that you wrote

Notanumber

A Free Man
I'm pleased for him.

A friend of mine died from the virus yesterday in a hospital with not enough ventilators, on her own. She had 6 children only 5 are allowed to go to the funeral

Are there enough ventilators in the world?

Funeral directors are unsung heroes as well.