• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boris Johnson - let's see how he and his government performs....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You might look at the EU through rose tinted glasses but look what is happening in its member states, Spain and France.

Yes, and?

What is happening, at the moment they cant agree a long term budget but what. A key member is running off to sit in the corner on its own so things have to be worked out between the remaining 27. Its called democracy, have you heard of it?

And dont you just love insults about by sight, twice in two days. I am dyslexic not blind so get over yourself

Notanumber

A Free Man
Yes, and?

What is happening, at the moment they cant agree a long term budget but what. A key member is running off to sit in the corner on its own so things have to be worked out between the remaining 27. Its called democracy, have you heard of it?

And dont you just love insults about by sight, twice in two days. I am dyslexic not blind so get over yourself

Riots on the streets of Spain and France. So much for EU harmony.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You can take me anyway you like.

At least, you read my posts.
I think most people who follow these threads read your posts; most don't watch the videos because they are incessant right wing propaganda and also, I can't watch them at work.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Sajid Javid in 2016

"One of the advantages of EU membership is that we get to negotiate wider and deeper trade deals from a position of strength.
If we leave, the boot will be on the other foot – and that will put Britain at a serious disadvantage.
I’m not about to vote for a decade of stagnation and doubt."

What's changed

Notanumber

A Free Man
Sajid Javid in 2016

"One of the advantages of EU membership is that we get to negotiate wider and deeper trade deals from a position of strength.
If we leave, the boot will be on the other foot – and that will put Britain at a serious disadvantage.
I’m not about to vote for a decade of stagnation and doubt."

What's changed

He came to his senses.

Shad

Veteran Member
He changed his mind - which is why we need a new referendum because many people have changed their minds.

This seems like a horrible way to run a government. Every few years the other side could call for another referendum. Join, leave, join, leave, join, leave.

Shad

Veteran Member
It is, which is why referendums are bad ideas.

Yah. There are too many variables that swing views. Some valid, some not.

Any idea if the EU has any probation period if a nation-state were to leave and rejoin over the cource of a few national elections?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yah. There are too many variables that swing views. Some valid, some not.

Any idea if the EU has any probation period if a nation-state were to leave and rejoin over the cource of a few national elections?
We will never join again; we have too many opt outs that they'll not grant us again.
It'll be for a long time if we leave, probably forever.

Shad

Veteran Member
We will never join again; we have too many opt outs that they'll not grant us again.
It'll be for a long time if we leave, probably forever.

Is that a policy or more of a "get out and don't come back" reaction? I could see the EU getting sick of the back and forth.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Is that a policy or more of a "get out and don't come back" reaction? I could see the EU getting sick of the back and forth.
No, I think it is reality.
The EU will adjust itself, we've always been a half-hearted member, never fully taking part. I was on some committees that were involved with some H&S Laws, we always seemed too late to comment.

Shad

Veteran Member
No, I think it is reality.
The EU will adjust itself, we've always been a half-hearted member, never fully taking part. I was on some committees that were involved with some H&S Laws, we always seemed too late to comment.

Late as in scheduling and procedure?