• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book Recommendations

Stan77

*banned*
Hi i am new here.

What are some good books either prose or poetry, fiction or non-fiction that have highlighted the macrocosm–microcosm analogy with generous amounts of focus on the beauty of nature.

Imagine Wordsworth, Keats, Shelly, mixed with Hesse, Upanishads, Heraclitus and Schopenhauer.

Am i asking for too much? :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hi i am new here.

What are some good books either prose or poetry, fiction or non-fiction that have highlighted the macrocosm–microcosm analogy with generous amounts of focus on the beauty of nature.

Imagine Wordsworth, Keats, Shelly, mixed with Hesse, Upanishads, Heraclitus and Schopenhauer.

No book recommendations, everyone has their own favourites that others will loath.

However

Welcome to RF. Breakfast debates in the staff canteen are great fun.

@giphy (2).gif

Wirey

Fartist
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. It's exactly the type of book you mentioned.

If you want a good book, try Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut, or Lamb by Christopher Moore.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hi i am new here.

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but close enough, as it has a chapter about reductionism vs. holism:
Gödel, Escher, Bach - Wikipedia

RestlessSoul

Hi i am new here.

Might have to write that one yourself bro.

Meanwhile, I think you might enjoy reading William Blake’s epic poems

Audie

Veteran Member
Hi i am new here.

Read about Humbolt

Rational Agnostic

Hi i am new here.

The Blind Watchmaker and River Out of Eden by Dr. Richard Dawkins

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
You might find the works of Edward Reaugh Smith of interest. His essays on the philosophy of Rudolf Steiner are in depth and detailed beyond necessity IMO, but interesting just the same. I'm currently reading through The Burning Bush, Smith's Bible Commentary based on Steiner's "anthrosophy." He definitely makes the connections you're interested in.

Stan77

*banned*
lol someone recommends atheist books, someone recommends theistic books. Each recommending according to their beliefs. In the meantime we ignore the fact, nature, and our relationship with it is completely independent of our beliefs.