• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Book recommendations please?

Greetings.

I am 14 and I would love to learn about Wicca. I was hoping that I could get some good book recommendations on this subject. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Catriona3

You have to read Scott Cunningham's A Guide to the Solitary Practitioner.
All of his books are great.
To Ride a Silver Broomstick is good also, but I can't remember who it's from.

It's kinda ironic, but I just started a website for people like you. I know so much about Wicca, I really want to share my knowledge with the world.
So if you're interested you can check out my website, I'd be glad to teach you everything I know about The Craft.

*edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
You have to read Scott Cunningham's A Guide to the Solitary Practitioner.
All of his books are great.
To Ride a Silver Broomstick is good also, but I can't remember who it's from.

It's kinda ironic, but I just started a website for people like you. I know so much about Wicca, I really want to share my knowledge with the world.
So if you're interested you can check out my website, I'd be glad to teach you everything I know about The Craft.

schoolofwicca.weebly.com/
I agree about Scott Cunningham's books are a good one to read(any and all of his books).
And 'To ride a Silver Broomstick' is from Silver RavenWolf. Personally I say stay away from her, it seem she leave out certain thing. Which seem way when little teen girl read her they start running around using magic and love spell :areyoucra:no:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Buckland's Guide is good, I highly recommend Scott Cunningham as well.

I don't recommend Silver Ravenwolf however, I've heard it more than once that those who learn Wicca from her have to completely relearn the religion if/when they want to join a coven. On the flip side, I think it's a good idea to read everything you can, and decide for yourself if you like or not :)

Lehnah

Master of the Mystic Arts
I'm new to Wicca as well and found Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin extreamlly helpful.

Rayne

Meh
Anything by Raymond Buckland is good. I personally learned from Wicca for One - The Path of Solitary Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland and Bucklands Complete Book Of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland.

The first book is amazing. It's the Buckland equivalent to Scott Cunningham's Wicca, and it is a very good book. Despite minor changes, the rituals detailed within the book are the ones I use.

Last edited: