• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blaspheming the Holy Ghost

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I had went into some inebriated spamming last night trying to procure laughter. I had been in an inconceivably horrifying trip for the last few weeks. I wanted things to be funny as well as imply other lessons like trying to maintain a positive spiritual balance and remembering your inner-child, the adults got upset. So then kill your inner child, this is real life, not cartoons. Some kids were victims of parental abuse or worse so their inner-child is sort of screwed up.

I shot mine, stupid punk.. I just wanted to go to a happy place, being a 7 year old watching cartoons was the place.

So I was saying things in a subconscious way I new may trigger a reaction from them, they eventually all became quite angry, and the last few days were in some league of horrifying all of its own. All the movies, all the international blasphemy and ridicule and I am the soul getting tormented. John Travolta wasn't in a bizarre plane crash, no actors have been crucified. It's just something I can regard no other term than "BS."

So after you enrage the Lord you're probably on borrowed time. We've reconciled, exchanged apologies but I am prepared to endure it. So should my head just fly off my body or I am bizarrely pink misted it was inevitable.

These beings seem completely unreasonable, anytime I speak ill of them they get angry after tormenting me off and on for 7 years. It's just bs.

So personally angering the Lord is something you will only do once. It's just horrifying.

Cheers!

Papoon

If there is a god who gets angry and spiteful.... that's a pathetic god.

Don't sweat it. You challenged your brainwash, not god.

You have been trained to punish yourself.

Learn not to.

Good luck. :)

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I think God, being the creator of this vast universe, has more important things to worry about other than your inner thoughts. War, disease, famine, crime, drugs, which member of The Walking Dead cast did Negan kill with Lucille...things like that.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Is such a force petty and vindictive? Does its ego bruise easily? Does it even have an ego?
My post was not meant to be taken seriously, but we can reverse the momentum of this thread.

The term 'Holy Ghost' is not part of my theology but I understand it as the force/breath of God in the world. I do not see it as petty, vindictive or egoistic.

rusra02

Premium Member
I believe wicked spirits or demons harass people. The true God does not. The Bible reveals that before becoming followers of Christ, some individuals in ancient Ephesus were involved with demonism. However, after they made up their mind to serve God, “those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody.” (Acts 19:19) Praying to the true God can also bring relief from wicked spirits, IMO.

ENTP Logician

Advocate for Reason
I believe wicked spirits or demons harass people. The true God does not. The Bible reveals that before becoming followers of Christ, some individuals in ancient Ephesus were involved with demonism. However, after they made up their mind to serve God, “those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned them up before everybody.” (Acts 19:19) Praying to the true God can also bring relief from wicked spirits, IMO.

Assuming your religion is Christianity or some derivative thereof. Do you believe that your god tempts, curses, or plagues people?

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
I had went into some inebriated spamming last night trying to procure laughter. I had been in an inconceivably horrifying trip for the last few weeks. I wanted things to be funny as well as imply other lessons like trying to maintain a positive spiritual balance and remembering your inner-child, the adults got upset. So then kill your inner child, this is real life, not cartoons. Some kids were victims of parental abuse or worse so their inner-child is sort of screwed up.

I shot mine, stupid punk.. I just wanted to go to a happy place, being a 7 year old watching cartoons was the place.

So I was saying things in a subconscious way I new may trigger a reaction from them, they eventually all became quite angry, and the last few days were in some league of horrifying all of its own. All the movies, all the international blasphemy and ridicule and I am the soul getting tormented. John Travolta wasn't in a bizarre plane crash, no actors have been crucified. It's just something I can regard no other term than "BS."

So after you enrage the Lord you're probably on borrowed time. We've reconciled, exchanged apologies but I am prepared to endure it. So should my head just fly off my body or I am bizarrely pink misted it was inevitable.

These beings seem completely unreasonable, anytime I speak ill of them they get angry after tormenting me off and on for 7 years. It's just bs.

So personally angering the Lord is something you will only do once. It's just horrifying.

Cheers!

Don't worry about it. God has an eternity to pay back, if that was his style but its not. We as sentient beings make choices that will determine what happens in eternity.

ENTP Logician

Advocate for Reason
Don't worry about it. God has an eternity to pay back, if that was his style but its not. We as sentient beings make choices that will determine what happens in eternity.

Question.

If your deity wished for people to believe in it.

Why would it want people to do so on faith instead of evidence?

Also BTW Einstein's concept of deity was very very different from what yours likely is.

Whiterain

Is such a force petty and vindictive? Does its ego bruise easily? Does it even have an ego?

Thy name I speaketh it nay. Vindictive... quite possibly... He's a complex individual... I'm not judging the Lord.

Ya, it's just some local wights and fairies gone and put the fear of God in me..

As I had mentioned there were generations of deities, the Creator Deity may or may not have even been irrelevant to contemporary dogma.

The Creator Being if there is an inter-dimensional power the did create the Erf is said to have went into a deep slumber, and the pantheons descended from there.

I've come to realize writing in prose may have been more beneficial. It was supposed to be a fun and happy occasion we could all enjoy, people were going to berate me either way.

I for one like this individual and can happily abide by his command and law. I hope he can forgive my gross immaturity and we be comrades someday like in my delusional fantasy were we're laying waste to Jerusalem and things.

Cheerio.

Whiterain

Question.

Also BTW Einstein's concept of deity was very very different from what yours likely is.

Evidence is in the eye of the beholder... I do not think our ancient Kings and bureaucrats were relying on blind faith...

I can't convince you otherwise, either...

There are paintings, statues, crusades, plagues, catacombs, saints skeletons in museums.

Is says something about how ignorance is going to send you to hell, I wouldn't though.

The good books are designed this way... People can live happily, ignorantly and not entirely under the oppression of a wrathful Lord that is as well a warrior.

Think of God as a Warrior too. Not entirely a pacifist philosopher... They helped me realize what a real work of art and masterpiece the bibles were.

ENTP Logician

Advocate for Reason
Evidence is in the eye of the beholder... I do not think our ancient Kings and bureaucrats were relying on blind faith...

I can't convince you otherwise, either...

There are paintings, statues, crusades, plagues, catacombs, saints skeletons in museums.

Is says something about how ignorance is going to send you to hell, I wouldn't though.

The good books are designed this way... People can live happily, ignorantly and not entirely under the oppression of a wrathful Lord that is as well a warrior.

Think of God as a Warrior too. Not entirely a pacifist philosopher... They helped me realize what a real work of art and masterpiece the bibles were.

They where.

If you cannot prove to me that a deity exist, then why believe in one?

How is your deity more likely to exist than any other one?

Your deity would be more credible where he one or the other but according to your scriptures he at different times claims to be either completely wrathful or completely benevolent.

Kapalika

Premium Member
They where.

If you cannot prove to me that a deity exist, then why believe in one?

How is your deity more likely to exist than any other one?

Your deity would be more credible where he one or the other but according to your scriptures he at different times claims to be either completely wrathful or completely benevolent.

I can't even pretend to know what god @Whiterain believes in, let alone try to disprove it via a scriptural argument for that reason.

Speaking of which... what would you call your religion @Whiterain?

rusra02

Premium Member
Assuming your religion is Christianity or some derivative thereof. Do you believe that your god tempts, curses, or plagues people?
No, Jehovah does not tempt us with bad things, IMO. (James 1:13) The true God will bring plagues and a curse upon willfully wicked people who harm others and defy God. An example is when Jehovah brought plagues upon obstinate Pharoah when he stubbornly refused to obey Jehovah.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
Question.

Anyone can build a robot. God wants us to believe on faith because it shows we have reached a higher state of what eastern people call enlightenment. We are literally masters of our own destiny. Einstein was kind of a deist and did not subscribe to organized religion. He and I believe along the same lines, except that I feel some religions are very close to being accurate representations of what God is like and what his desires (his will) are. So even though I am a Christian by personal choice I believe the creator of the universe, ie God is the mannequin that all earths religions use to tailor their beliefs. Every religion is different because they are human opinion and therefore corruptible and imperfect. To my way of thinking some ideas (or religions) are more accurate than others, but none, even my Christianity are not 100% accurate. So I feel it's far more logical to believe in an intelligent creator made the universe than the universe came from nothing. Then after the creation man evolved as per Gods intentions and he created the religions. So take your pick, or not (as per Einstein). I chose Christianity for many reasons like faith and evidences of archeology and other things such as my NDE. Its up to the individual to translate the desire to know God into religious belief or to remain an agnostic or atheist.

Last edited: