• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Blame It On The Police?

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
USA

Every time I turn around, there is another article or news report about "white police officer shoots unarmed black man." The details of the report are sketchy and typically tend to be one sided, as if to paint a picture hoping for public outcry, and a march or two by Al Sharpton (while he forgets to pay his taxes...again). I am tired of seeing all this police bashing. Let's look at the real problem based on statistical facts:

Junior grows up in an inner city. He has no idea who to send a Father's Day card to. He is one of 5 or 6 kids that his mom had with different men, because she is living off of government assistance to include Section 8 housing, welfare and food stamps. They go to the local free medical clinics and pay nothing for health care.

Junior is enrolled at an inner city public school, but whether or not he actually attends daily is subject to debate. These schools have to have fences, metal detectors, armed security/police, and are known for gang violence, drugs, and other crimes. Chances are, Junior does not give two flips about education.

Junior's influences are his wanna be gang member friends, gangsta rap music, street life, drugs, money, and a total disrespect for any type of authority. His mom could care less about him, shows him no love, respect or discipline, and at the age of 18 she calls the police to have him removed because she no longer gets a check for him, and she wants his "attitude problem" out of her house.

So at the age of 18, this young man who only knows the street life, is let loose on society. He inevitably gets in trouble with the law, gets arrested numerous times, has a history of drug abuse, theft, and possibly violence. He runs from the police either on foot or in a vehicle, is willing to fight the police, and often times is willing to brandish a weapon because that is the street life that he knows. Because of his lack of authority, willingness to be violent, and being known to carry a weapon, he winds up getting shot one night when confronted about a crime that he DID commit. He refuses to be arrested (again) because he is high on crack, heroin or PCP. He puts up a fight, reaches for an officer's gun, and gets shot in the process.

And some how, this is the fault of the police? Men and women that have to put up with this crap every day while on the job? Men and women who have the right to make it through the shift without injury or death, so they can go home to their own families and raise their kids correctly?

I don't think so. This is not a policy issue, a stereotyping issue, or a race issue. This is a FACT of life when dealing with that type of person.

So, how do we change the system so that these inner city people aren't abusing the system, getting a free ride, and having children just as cash cows? How do we make sure these kids have a better chance at being productive members of society as adults? Because whatever we have in place now, it ain't working.

And yes, I am an inner city cop.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
USA

Every time I turn around, there is another article or news report about "white police officer shoots unarmed black man." The details of the report are sketchy and typically tend to be one sided, as if to paint a picture hoping for public outcry, and a march or two by Al Sharpton (while he forgets to pay his taxes...again). I am tired of seeing all this police bashing. Let's look at the real problem based on statistical facts:

Junior grows up in an inner city. He has no idea who to send a Father's Day card to. He is one of 5 or 6 kids that his mom had with different men, because she is living off of government assistance to include Section 8 housing, welfare and food stamps. They go to the local free medical clinics and pay nothing for health care.

Junior is enrolled at an inner city public school, but whether or not he actually attends daily is subject to debate. These schools have to have fences, metal detectors, armed security/police, and are known for gang violence, drugs, and other crimes. Chances are, Junior does not give two flips about education.

Junior's influences are his wanna be gang member friends, gangsta rap music, street life, drugs, money, and a total disrespect for any type of authority. His mom could care less about him, shows him no love, respect or discipline, and at the age of 18 she calls the police to have him removed because she no longer gets a check for him, and she wants his "attitude problem" out of her house.

So at the age of 18, this young man who only knows the street life, is let loose on society. He inevitably gets in trouble with the law, gets arrested numerous times, has a history of drug abuse, theft, and possibly violence. He runs from the police either on foot or in a vehicle, is willing to fight the police, and often times is willing to brandish a weapon because that is the street life that he knows. Because of his lack of authority, willingness to be violent, and being known to carry a weapon, he winds up getting shot one night when confronted about a crime that he DID commit. He refuses to be arrested (again) because he is high on crack, heroin or PCP. He puts up a fight, reaches for an officer's gun, and gets shot in the process.

And some how, this is the fault of the police? Men and women that have to put up with this crap every day while on the job? Men and women who have the right to make it through the shift without injury or death, so they can go home to their own families and raise their kids correctly?

I don't think so. This is not a policy issue, a stereotyping issue, or a race issue. This is a FACT of life when dealing with that type of person.

So, how do we change the system so that these inner city people aren't abusing the system, getting a free ride, and having children just as cash cows? How do we make sure these kids have a better chance at being productive members of society as adults? Because whatever we have in place now, it ain't working.

Talk about stereotypes!!!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
USA

Just a second.............. your first sentence read:-
Every time I turn around, there is another article or news report about "white police officer shoots unarmed black man."
These articles......... are they correct?
If so, is the rest of your post some kind of defence for each incident?

I would say, having read all your post, that you would benefit massively from 'professional trauma counselling'. It may not be available to you, but it blooming well should be.

Good luck in your job.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
You're going to have poverty and a lack of jobs so long as 95% or more of the new wealth generated in this country goes to a fraction of the 1% of people at the top of the socio-economic ladder.

I think you are pretty accurate in that statement^^^, but I'd love to see some stats on that if you would please.
I have a unique perspective on this huge problem in our society.
1) I was raised by parents who were uneducated. Dad might have finished the 3rd grade, mother dropped out in the 9th.
I'm 68, so we have to go back a long way to understand uneducated parents. Dad was born in 1914, mother, in 1924.
One who had a full high school education back then was seen as a real achiever and priveleged. College was only for
the w.w.-white & wealthy.
Both were country folk where families with lots of children were the norm. Dad is one of 15 siblings, mother one of 8.
Education beyond basic reading, writing, arithmatic, was seen as a luxery and basically unneccessary.
Both parents were children of workers who also ran farms, small being 90 acres or so. Then farming was more labor intensive than even today so kids were need on the farm. It was desirable to have only one female to assist and learn from mothers.
My mother was the 2nd daughter thus went to the fields with the boys.
I felt it neccessary to set the tone of society in those days as it has bearing on the now.
2) I was raised in very poor conditions. Born in 1946, early baby boomer, jobs for fathers were hard to come by due to
the industrial switch from a war time effor to a peace time and unemployment was rampant thus dad didn't work. He became
alcoholic for a variety of reasons. Genetics, combat horrors in Europe, and lack of employment.
He eventually ended up in county jail for months. Mother had to find work & did in a bakery where she needed to start work
at 3 a.m. Being as the small city we lived in was at least 40% black we lived with the other po' folk.
Mother would bundle up my younger sister and take us to the Andrews home where they would put us back to bed with
their own kids then feed us, take care of us, till mother got off work.
The Andrews were black. I didn't know I was a white kid until I was maybe 6 or 7 years old. Kids don't take notice of
race (color) until they are taught to take notice you see.
3) I beame a police officer.
I managed to complete high school which prepared me for exactly nothing in the work force
When I was 25 I stumbled into a job as a police officer in that same small city. I jailed arrestees in the same jail dad
did time in. Odd hey.
I lay that ground work to explain my unique perspective on this topic.
I knew blacks very well in that community, was raised with blacks that were now having kids.
I delt with blacks and was accepted as me, not as a cop by my generation, not so much the next generation.
I became a cop during the end times of the great race riots in the late 60's into the early 70's.
Blacks hated cops with an obvious passion.:mad::mad:
They hated me.
I understood racism. I was in fact a victim of racism from blacks, being a white cop, and whites because I was
raised black and had close black friends, thought of the Andrews parents as my parents, their kids as my siblings.
I made detective-a coveted position-in only 2 years. Partly because I excelled in english in scholl and wrote reports
very well and partly because of my kinship with blacks.
I'm being truthful and I hope unbiased when I say that, as a group, blacks have failed miserably to achieve a position
in a society that demanded an honest work ethic. A society that expected people to make thier own way.
My dad sobered up, became a skilled tradesman, mother, worked a whopping 52 years in the same shop.
Blacks became entitled. To asuage the black who were burning cities, more was given to blacks. Free.
Food, clothing, opportunities for education, housing, etc. The basics for living and more were given away with
nothing given back. These things are general blanket statements. I'm painting with a broad brush but it's all true.
Along with entitlement came expectation. The expectation was that blacks could misbehave against a culture
they were taught to hate.
Free everything basic to a reasonable standard of living with no end in sight became the norm, then became
expected.
Pulications like JET & Ebony magazines printed articles by black radicals to breed. Yes that is true as I read those
articles. "Breed the white slave master out of existance" was normal and blacks did exactly that.
Again a blanket statement but a true one.
White government paid for those children, paid for medical care, paid for educations that very, very, few blacks
took advantage of.
All this "free forever" has become a multi-general expectation promoted my the Sharptons, Jacksons, Farakans
of the black world.
There aren't enough Andrews' in this society. They worked and worked hard, never took welfare.
They saw no color, they worked, educated their kids, and took care of me and my sister.
Black "poverty" is self inflicted upon Americas black race. Poverty? I watched while the government built brand new
homes for thousands of black in my city, free, utilities included.
Black on black crime was the norm. Black on white crime did occure but was rare really.
Blacks would steal from the white man without reservation however. It was violent person to person crime that
was the norm in the black world.
Black Americans hate Jews because the Jews succeed in every arena that black fail in.
Just notice bin Obama as he works hard to ruin this countries relationship with Israel.
Feel free to disagree with anything I have presented here. I realize my words are only based upon personal
experience, not education or an academic study of race realtions in our society.
The liberal media fully supports black misbehavior. Thus a black thug that is stupid, or entitled, enough attacks an armed
white cop. The adult black thug is presented by the livberal press as an "anarmed black teenager" as tho he was
just a little kid instead of the hulk he was.
His buddy that witnessed the shooting lied his butt off but the liberal press never presented the details of how much
he lied and how often.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
If the shoe fits...

Take a stroll in my boots for one day around my city. The "stereotype" is a cookie cutter mold, like it or not. There is a time to be all soft, gentle and politically correct. This ain't it.
You have a very unfortunate attitude towards minorities - rather explains the poor relations between the police and the citizens where you live.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Just a second.............. your first sentence read:-
Every time I turn around, there is another article or news report about "white police officer shoots unarmed black man."
These articles......... are they correct?
If so, is the rest of your post some kind of defence for each incident?

I would say, having read all your post, that you would benefit massively from 'professional trauma counselling'. It may not be available to you, but it blooming well should be.

Good luck in your job.

I do not need counseling. I separate myself from work as soon as I clock out. I have a life outside of being a cop.

I am not racist, and I do not hate anyone based on skin color, gender, religion, etc. I am just stating simple facts. Some will agree, some won't. It makes no difference to me.

Are the articles true? Partially. The media has a way of twisting a story without presenting all the facts. They want ratings. They thrive on controversy. The more crap they can throw around the better. Ask me about any recent "white cop shoots unarmed black man" story and I can give you factual details that the media kindly forgot to mention. We get insider intel on these situations from around the country. BTW, there is no such thing as "unarmed," unless the person is a quadriplegic. That is a "hot" word the media likes to use to help paint their story.

Last edited:

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
You have a very unfortunate attitude towards minorities - rather explains the poor relations between the police and the citizens where you live.

Nah, some of my best friends are "minorities." I trust them with my life. Our children can play together, they are invited over for cookouts, the ball game, etc. I have no problems with people of other color, gender or religion as long as they are law abiding members of society that just want their kids to go to good schools, live in nice neighborhoods, and do the right thing.

What I can't stand are the thugs that litter the streets, demanding "respect" yet giving none out. There is a difference.

My attitude explains nothing as 70% of my P.D. is black, patrolling a majority black city.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Nah, some of my best friends are "minorities." I trust them with my life. Our children can play together, they are invited over for cookouts, the ball game, etc. I have no problems with people of other color, gender or religion as long as they are law abiding members of society that just want their kids to go to good schools, live in nice neighborhoods, and do the right thing.

What I can't stand are the thugs that litter the streets, demanding "respect" yet giving none out. There is a difference.

My attitude explains nothing as 70% of my P.D. is black, patrolling a majority black city.
None of which justifies police shootings. You are just blaming the victim.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Sad reality is LEO's are the middle men who will always catch a lot of the blame and hate...even though they don't get to decide the ethnicity, race, color, sex, etc. of who is there when they show up. The main problem is systems in play that encourage and nourish criminal subcultures - even marketing and capitalizing on them.

Lyndon

Premium Member
My question to the officers, if you had a schizophrenic son who took off all his clothes in public then made threatening moves towards a Black police officer who then proceeded to shoot him in the back, would you call that justified, or excessive use of force???

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Sure. Micheal Brown, St Louis, 2014

Easy one.

Brown had just committed robbery at a store. Officer Wilson saw Brown and some friends walking down the middle of the street, but had not yet got the BOLO about the robbery. The officer told them to move to the sidewalk, per city law. Brown and co. told him to "F-off." Wilson pulled up beside them and started to get out of his patrol car. Brown runs up, slams the car door, and punches Wilson in the face, fracturing his left orbital eye socket. That is instantly "Felony Assault on an Officer." The struggle continues as Brown reaches for the officer's gun. Two shots are fired and Brown has discharge residue on his hand because of it. These are not the actions of someone who is "just kidding around."

Brown runs off and Wilson gives chase. Down the block, Brown stops and turns around as Wilson is catching up to him. Brown throws his hands up in the air (not in an effort to surrender...he is posturing) and says, "what the F are you going to do? Shoot me?" Brown then charges at Wilson. He has already proven to be violent. He has already fractured bones in the officer's face. Now he is rushing the officer. Wilson draws his weapon and fires multiple times, striking Brown and neutralizing a violent threat. Brown was NOT shot in the back. He was shot in the front during his charge toward the officer. The head shot killed him. This is where it helps to read the Medical Examiner's report instead of the New York Times.

Every piece of forensic evidence supports Officer Wilson's story and dispels the liars that were trying to cover/spin the story for Brown.

Officers are trained to shoot in order to neutralize a threat. That means aiming for the largest target...the torso. This is not Hollywood. You don't shoot them in the knee or shoot the gun out of their hand. If you believe that crap, you obviously do not have any experience using a firearm in a high stress situation. Your fine motor skills go flying out the window. Only 20% of rounds fired by LEOs during an incident actually strike the target for this very reason. Rounds fired by the bad guys have a much lower %. Holding a gun sideways is not accurate, though it may look good in the movies.

Officers have the right to go home at the end of the shift. If someone starts some crap and escalate it to a do or die situation, it is on them. They are not a victim. They are the suspect that wound up on the losing end of the crap they started.

Lyndon

Premium Member
So the penalty for stealing $10 of merchandise should be death, no wonder this country is so f'd up, police officers actually think like that.