1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Black Mirrors

Discussion in 'Other Religious Movements and Practices DIR' started by Holdasown, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Holdasown

Holdasown Active Member

Ratings:
    +152
    With the New Moon coming up I am making another batch of black mirrors. I use one for working with my ancestors. You get a picture frame, prep the glass, then paint it black. Put it back in the frame and use it in a dark room with only a candle. Like all forms of divination some work and some don't for people. Have you ever used one or made one? Would you consider trying it out?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aldrnari

Aldrnari Active Member

Ratings:
    +355
    Religion:
    Eclectic Agnostic
    I've tried a black bowl and water, but not the mirror itself. Seems interesting, so I might try it some day. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Quintessence

Quintessence Tale Weaver
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15,726
    Religion:
    Druidry
    There was a time I might have been interested in trying this method, but with where I am now it would seem... redundant? Unnecessary? I learned a technique that basically enables scrying to be done in just about anything, so having some special device to do it with isn't needed for me anymore. And as a Druid, something about scrying in blowing tree leaves in the summer just feels more appropriate, ya know? :D

4. Stanyon

Stanyon WWMRD?

Ratings:
    +2,724
    Religion:
    Living
    I've had some pretty good results with steam for some reason

• Like Like x 1
  5. Holdasown

Holdasown Active Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Everyone has a thing they get the best results with.

6. Hildeburh

Hildeburh Member

Ratings:
    +130
    Religion:
    Frynsidu
    Oh, I love this idea puts a new spin on a very old practice.

7. crossfire

crossfire Antinomian feminist heretic freak ☿
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,897
    Religion:
    ☿ Mercuræn Mahayana Buddhist & Pastafarian
    The black screen from your phone or tablet when you turn it off is the perfect black mirror! (You can also do it anywhere and no one will think twice about it.)

8. MNoBody

MNoBody Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,279
    The black mirror method is very ancient, going back to the furthest archeological ages where man had shamanic traditions, there were deep caves found selected due to this feature being present in a pool of water....i read this in many books on these times, this technique being utilized to achieve trance states.