• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bipartite God?

idav

Being
Premium Member
I'd be more inclined to believe that God is bipartite via dualism rather than a triune god. However Jesus did not refer to any duality, he said he is one with God which gets rid of a duality or triune concept.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
There are those that say there is no Trinity. My question now is, "Is the Holy Spirit a part of a Bipartite God?"
This question would only apply to someone who denies the trinity, but believes in the holy spirit. I would be interested in meeting such a person.

Juanita

I'd be more inclined to believe that God is bipartite via dualism rather than a triune god. However Jesus did not refer to any duality, he said he is one with God which gets rid of a duality or triune concept.

Don't you think that we are all one with God?

Juanita

fantôme profane;3485278 said:
This question would only apply to someone who denies the trinity, but believes in the holy spirit. I would be interested in meeting such a person.

Hello, pleased to meet you...:yes:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Sort of what the language of the filioque , inserted into the Creed, suggests.

I disagree in the mechanics it imposes on the Trinity...
And feel that it sides on the bipartite.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Jesus didn't refer to automobiles, so they must not exist either. So just what is the Holy Spirit. Jesus did refer to that.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Not necessarily unless the same argument that denies Jesus as an aspect of God also denies the Holy Spirit as a separate but equal part as well.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Just Wikipedia 'flilioque' and read about it.

I assume that is what you are asking about?

It'll mean more to ya if you make sense of it for yourself.
If you don't understand, come back and ask me another question.

Peace.
Perhaps you just give your Cliff's Notes version and explain the relevance to the OP.

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Gee, thanks.

Perhaps you just give your Cliff's Notes version and explain the relevance to the OP.

Filioque Latin for "and (from) the Son", is a phrase included in the form of the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed (commonly called the Nicene Creed) used in most Western Christian churches since at least the 8th century.

It was accepted by the popes only in 1014, and is rejected by the Eastern Orthodox Church and Oriental Orthodox Churches.

It was not in the Greek text of this Creed, attributed to the Second Ecumenical Council (the First Council of Constantinople), which says that the Holy Spirit proceeds "from the Father", without additions of any kind, such as "and the Son" or "alone":

Greek:
And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, from the Father proceeding.

Latin:
And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and giver of life, who from the Father and the Son proceeds.​

Essentially the Trinity becomes a biparite, in that it puts God the Father and God the Son on one consubstantial level and brings God the Holy Spirit to a subordinate one, instead of all Three sharing in the Co-equality of the Trinity.

Does that help?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

A majority of Christian Unitarians believe in God and the Holy spirit. They tend to be agnostic on the relationship of God to Jesus. With most following the teachings of Jesus with out defining his status as the Son of God.
Which is close to my own position.

The relationship of God and the Holy spirit is hard to define. But it is not contrary to Monotheism.

Juanita

What the heck does that mean?

That means that we are all spiritual Beings temporarily in a physical body.. We are created from and by the creator/source..We are part of Him and He is part of us so we are all already one with God and will eventually reunite with our Source..God is all that is, including us, his children...or I could use the term "aspect" for additional clarity--we are all aspects of the creator..