• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bigotry with a side of fries.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Nah, subway loves fat people... that's why they market to them so well. :p
wa:do
But they only hire formerly fat guys for their commercials!
And they advertise the calorie count of sammiches!
They want to convert fat people into thin ones....intolerant!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
But they only hire formerly fat guys for their commercials!
Like any fast food place highers fat guys... at least they got a formerly fat one. :p

And they advertise the calorie count of sammiches!
A very handy feature for us folk trying to be more conscious of what we eat.

It's at least better at provoking thought than all the advertizing showing cheerful skinny chicks eating piles of mega burgers. :sarcastic

They want to convert fat people into thin ones....intolerant!
LoL... which is why they serve cookies and "mega meat bomb" subs. They want fat people to feel better about eating fast food by making theirs look more responsible than other options.

I'll give them some credit, they offer a slightly more honest selection of options. :D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
To a degree it may be a non issue. They've always been a company that centered around christian values. It may seem a little unorthodox for them to outwardly express this but it shouldn't come to anyone as a surprise...and if you are surprised then eat at Popyeyes....or fry your own chicken. To be honest I don't eat there...I find their food to be kind of dry and flavorless.....kind of tantamount to eating a piece of Swanson chicken from a hungry man meal...

I agree.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
tasteless options...
all their veggies taste like....air.
:thud:
But when exiting the freeway to get some munchies, & you have a choice between Sbarro's grease,
McDonald's fried meat, or a rubbery sandwich from a gas station....doesn't Subway start to look pretty good?

waitasec

Veteran Member
But when exiting the freeway to get some munchies, & you have a choice between Sbarro's grease,
McDonald's fried meat, or a rubbery sandwich from a gas station....doesn't Subway start to look pretty good?

i find it really interesting that these are the only convenient options we have given ourselves....no wonder this country is heading towards obesity

Fortunately, most of Chick-Fil-A's restaurants are in the South. Much of their customer base are devoutly Christian, so they probably won't lose that much business. In fact, they might have lost more money by openly being pro-gay.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Fortunately, most of Chick-Fil-A's restaurants are in the South. Much of their customer base are devoutly Christian, so they probably won't lose that much business. In fact, they might have lost more money by openly being pro-gay.

Didn't exactly happen with Disney, though.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
24127254.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
i find it really interesting that these are the only convenient options we have given ourselves....no wonder this country is heading towards obesity
Our options are changing. Subway (as I recall) is growing faster than the burger joints,
& they give me customize my sub by loading up with veggies & getting whole wheat.
Taco Bell is improving too, I hear. Paneras are more popular, & I get salads there.
Turnpike & freeway food is much better than it was 30 years ago.

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Im way late to the conversation, but, the brilliant alignment of circumstance and journalistic writing style has produced this:

"We are very much supportive of the family - the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that," Cathy is quoted as saying.

:D

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Our options are changing. Subway (as I recall) is growing faster than the burger joints,
& they give me customize my sub by loading up with veggies & getting whole wheat.
Taco Bell is improving too, I hear. Paneras are more popular, & I get salads there.
Turnpike & freeway food is much better than it was 30 years ago.
There is definitely a second wave of "fast food". A lot of coming from mroe regional/local chains.

Places that are not quite as fast but still high volume... use higher quality ingredients and tend to be more trendy in appearance.

If they are any healthier... I somehow doubt it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There is definitely a second wave of "fast food". A lot of coming from mroe regional/local chains.

Places that are not quite as fast but still high volume... use higher quality ingredients and tend to be more trendy in appearance.

If they are any healthier... I somehow doubt it.

Healthy? I don't care about that. I just wanna murder some veggies.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Easy......businesses are owned by people, & they have opinions.
In my business, it's pretty clear that I'm a Libertarian. I want it known.
(Doesn't seem to hurt either.)

I wouldn't hold it againt you when choosing to do business, however there may be people who make prejudicial choices when making a business decision. I am sure that I do business with one establishment that has an ostensibly gay person and that would not bother me. However if a business had posters supporting marriage that I deemed inapropriate I might not feel comfortable doing business there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I wouldn't hold it againt you when choosing to do business, however there may be people who make prejudicial choices when making a business decision. I am sure that I do business with one establishment that has an ostensibly gay person and that would not bother me. However if a business had posters supporting marriage that I deemed inapropriate I might not feel comfortable doing business there.
Sounds reasonable to me.
The wise businessman (& businessgal) exercises judgement & discretion in creating a public persona.