• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Bang!

Monomonk

Straight Gate Seeker
Alright, this is what we are called upon to believe: The whole universe, somehow,
shrank into an object about the size of a pea. Now I think this would be considered
the ultimate black hole, an object of unimaginable gravitational force. We are told
that just a regular black hole has such gravitational force that not even light can
escape. But we are not talking about regular black holes here, we are talking about
the black holes of black holes, the monster of monsters, an object where supposedly
the whole universe has been crammed into an object the size of a pea. But then,
but then it blew up! Now wait just a cotton-picking-minute here, blew up, how could
anything with that much gravity blow up? I would think that the matter in it would
be so tightly held in that it might be impossible for it to blow up. And if it did blow up
wouldn't the tremendous gravitational force pull it right back in and form another
black hole? And why did it wait till it got to the size of pea, why wouldn't it have blown up way before that happened? Is there any evidence that black holes blow
up? Perhaps the astronomers know the answer to this question.

So it seems to me there are a lot of questions about this Big Bang theory that needs
to be answered before we swallow the idea hook-line-and-sinker.

more to come. monomonk

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't know how the universe was created. And I never will. I'm leaving it at that. I'm not going to make stuff up just so I have an answer to an impossible question. :D I think each and every theory that anyone has come up with could likely be wrong. What are the chances out of all the possibilities that someone would have figured out how this improbable event occured?? Probably not...

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Here's an idea: Maybe learn something about science and the actual theory before making such ridiculous claims. Until you do learn something, please stick to things you have at least some small understanding of.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
It's because it wasn't "the black holes of black holes" it was a unique phenomena called a singularity. The laws of physics break down when you approach the state of a singularity.
Also, at the point of a singularity there is only mass, no spacetime. Gravity works by warping spacetime, since there is no spacetime to warp a singularity has no gravity.
Gravity would have come into existence at the moment of the Big Bang, but it is actually quite a weak force which the incredible acceleration produced by the Big Bang easily overcame.

Monomonk

Straight Gate Seeker
Here's an idea: Maybe learn something about science and the actual theory before making such ridiculous claims. Until you do learn something, please stick to things you have at least some small understanding of.

It is exactly why I wrote the blog is because I do not understand. But I notice that you
did not answer any of my questions.

monomonk

Monomonk

Straight Gate Seeker
Willful ignorance ...

"Willful ignorance"? That accusation is not true, it was not "Willful ignorance", it was just plain ignorance. I think there is a lot of ignorance going around when it comes to
explaining how this universe came into existence. But maybe without "Willful ignorance"
you can explain how it happened, we would all like to know.

monomonk

Do those who disbelieve not see that the heavens and the earth were sewn together and then We unstitched them and that We made from water every living thing? So will they not believe? (Qur'an, 21:30)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It is exactly why I wrote the blog is because I do not understand. But I notice that you
did not answer any of my questions.

monomonk

Which would be fine, if you had just asked for answers. Instead, you use it as a reason to support your belief in God. If it wasn't just an attempt to prove how ridiculous the Big Bang theory is, I would have responded to the questions posed.

Monomonk

Straight Gate Seeker
Which would be fine, if you had just asked for answers. Instead, you use it as a reason to support your belief in God. If it wasn't just an attempt to prove how ridiculous the Big Bang theory is, I would have responded to the questions posed.

I did not mention God in my blog, there are just things about this Big Bang theory that
does not make sense to me. I believe God created the universe, however it was done,
I am not trying to support my belief in God by questioning the Big Bang theory.
My my you atheist types are touchy!

monomonk

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
mball1497 said:
I did not mention God in my blog, there are just things about this Big Bang theory that
does not make sense to me. I believe God created the universe, however it was done,

monomonk
mball, are you speaking for every atheist again??! You promissed to stop doing that...

Monomonk said:
So it seems to me there are a lot of questions about this Big Bang theory that needs
to be answered before we swallow the idea hook-line-and-sinker.
Would it be better to asume the best theory untill now or keep everything in the middle?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
"Willful ignorance"? That accusation is not true, it was not "Willful ignorance", it was just plain ignorance.
The accusation is absolutely accurate. You make a pathetically absurd assertion (not inquiry) about "what we are called upon to believe," and the only explanation for its absurdity (short of you being a moron, which I doubt) is that you've been successful in avoiding any exposure to any scientific idea that might challenge your backward theology.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I did not mention God in my blog, there are just things about this Big Bang theory that does not make sense to me. I believe God created the universe, however it was done,

monomonk

Sorry, Bouncing Ball, I'm going to have to respond "for all atheists" here. I'll try to represent the rest of you well, though.

No, you didn't mention God in your OP. I didn't say you did. All I said was that you are trying to tear down the Big Bang theory to reassure yourself of your belief in God. The OP is not a request for help with understanding the Big Bang. It is merely a rant on why you think the theory is probably false, meaning that God is then the answer.

You can pretend you're doing this for other reasons, if you want, but it's pretty clear that this is just a case of willful ignorance. That being the case, there's really no reason to even try to educate you. I notice you haven't replied to Halcyon who did actually try to answer your "questions" and educate you. I wonder why that is...

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
So it seems to me there are a lot of questions about this Big Bang theory
And where have you personally looked for those answers? Am I to assume that you have come here to a religious forum to look for the answers to these scientific questions? Have you considered looking for these answers on a scientific forum? Or from scientific books? Are you really looking for the answers to these questions or are you just trying to make a rhetorical point?

Monomonk

Straight Gate Seeker
The accusation is absolutely accurate. You make a pathetically absurd assertion (not inquiry) about "what we are called upon to believe," and the only explanation for its absurdity (short of you being a moron, which I doubt) is that you've been successful in avoiding any exposure to any scientific idea that might challenge your backward theology.

But wait a minute pal, I have not finished my theology on the narrative of the
creation, as presented in the first chapter of the Bible, which the preachers have incorrectly interpreted. I believe in science just as much as you do, maybe more, and I believe that all true religion and all true science must agree.
But are you saying that scientist are not calling upon people to believe the Big Bang
theory? Look, I am not saying the Big Bang idea is not true, it may very well be
true, but I do feel I have the right to question it.

monomonk