• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden: "There's not a racist bone in my body"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You said he has racist thoughts, and you provided no evidence of this.

Like it or not everyone has racist thoughts at times. Some people have racist thoughts against their own race. But no one is perfect. Biden was claiming to be perfect and that is why there is no burden of proof on me. He would need to prove that he is perfect. If you check his career you will see that he opposed school busing in the past using the rather trite excuse that requiring a black person to sit next to a white person for equality was racist. I am sure that others will be able to find other examples if pressed.

Here’s How Deep Biden’s Busing Problem Runs

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
People have lustful thoughts. However, I dont agree with Jesus in that the thought alone makes someone an adulterer. And short of someone saying what their thoughts are, you cant prove what someone thinks.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You can assume whatever you like. The principle applies to everyone.

As for titles (such as VP), they don't mean jack.
Actually titles often mean something or we wouldn't be using them. But the point is that some people here just are hell-bent on publicly demeaning others simply because they may disagree with them.

IMO, it's more moral to "condemn the sin, not the sinner".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Actually titles often mean something or we wouldn't be using them.

I suppose, although the way you used the phrase "Vice President of the United States," it seemed as if you thought I should be impressed by that. That office was once held by the likes of Dan Quayle and Spiro Agnew.

I know that many people are impressed by titles, royalty, wealth, and/or celebrity status, but I'm not one of them.

We're all imperfect humans. We all put our pants on one leg at a time.

But the point is that some people here just are hell-bent on publicly demeaning others simply because they may disagree with them.

Yeah, I know. Maddening, isn't it?

IMO, it's more moral to "condemn the sin, not the sinner".

I wasn't condemning Biden at all. I wasn't even condemning what he said. I was just observing the general tendency of Democratic candidates to prey on each other and resort to infighting - even when they appear to be in agreement that they want a unified party to defeat Trump next year. Either they can nip this in the bud right now, or they can tear each other apart.