• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biden holds rally in Yuma, AZ

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They are not social distancing. Not even following their own rules.
Like I said, even if they committed a faux pas, it doesn't make Trump any less of a disasterous dumpster fire.

...and I was asking about Trump's remark about dumping water into the ocean to save fish.

So what excuse/explanation do you have?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
They snap group pictures of themselves at every quick stop?
This picture look familiar?
Biden campaign sets up shop in Yuma - KYMA
Screen-Shot-2020-10-09-at-10.24.59-AM.png

To compare to the OP:
Candidate Joe Biden held a campaign rally in Yuma, AZ. The image of the crowd speaks for itself.

View attachment 43820
That wasn't an actual event. They made a stop and people were waiting for them.
And unlike Trumpers, they are all wearing a mask. Which, as we've been round-and-round over the issue, it makes a big difference.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
At least they're not using police and national guard to violently attack media and peaceful protesters to clear them out of an area for a tacky photo op in front of a church whose clergy and congregation didn't even welcome.
While I agree with that, I also never liked the implementation of free speech zones. Remember those?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I wasn't sure what he was talking about until I saw one respondent point out that millions of gallons of water he's talking about is from the flow of California's rivers emptying into the ocean.
But wait...isn't that something that rivers (well, in French, fleuves) do?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But wait...isn't that something that rivers (well, in French, fleuves) do?

Yes, although I'm not quite sure about the state of California's rivers at present. I know there's not much of the Colorado River by the time it gets to the Gulf of California, since that's pretty heavily used by multiple states.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, that was the Bush administration's attempt to move anti-war protesters out of sight, out of mind.
Bush and Obama both expanded restrictions on free speech with Obama enabling arrests of persons whenever the secret service was present in the area.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Then be honest. It was campaign stop that was announced a week prior. Biden’s campaign is choosing to do a bus tour. This is his big campaign effort, his bus tour. (Looks more like busted tour) This was his big stop in Arizona, a key swing state. A state he needs to win to get elected. Whether he flew in, took a bus or a dog sled isn’t really relevant. They couldn’t get a crowd even with a week’s notice. Meanwhile there bigger organic gatherings of Trump supporters across Arizona all the time on street corners, despite triple digit temperatures. The enthusiasm gap between the two campaigns is palpable.
Arizona 2020 Presidential Election Polls: Biden vs. Trump