• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Justification

Just_me_Mike

As a start you can read the essay I referenced a few posts back. It gives the details on the two texts and their origins. It's pretty short so it doesn't take too long to read.

OK I did read it, and to my surprize I was more informed than I thought I was. You present fact as they are available to us. I would say that you left something to be desired in the making of the king james bible.

I have studied this pretty well, and felt they made some pretty tough decisions, and acted as responsible as anyone could with handling of the words.

As an example, the original KJV included the Aprocypha, but it had always been ear marked, by the translators that they did not feel it was the inspired word of God, and eventually it was taken out.

Today if one reads the Aporcypha, and is at all versed in the bible it is clear the were not from the same author. That is something that I think is unique about the bible is its cohesiveness as a whole. Of course that is just my opinion.

So, to answer your question I have found in my sutdies that the workd done and decisions made for the KJV were far superior to that of other versions. Are there errors in the KJV, a couple grammatical errors, but not scriptural or message errors.

Anyway that is where I stand on it, thanks for the reminding of your thread again.

Beaudreaux

Sorry, I did get out of hand trying to do to many threads at once, or be part of to many threads.
No disrespect intended. I prefer the king james, but I am open to any of them since we have a the original greek and hebrew to reference to check how the translators did.
why do you ask, am I going to be put in a box now?
Which of the Greek texts to you prefer?

linwood

Today if one reads the Aporcypha, and is at all versed in the bible it is clear the were not from the same author. That is something that I think is unique about the bible is its cohesiveness as a whole. Of course that is just my opinion.

I find the books of the Bible themselves are obviously written by different hands with different minds, different perspectives and agendas.

The Bible is not cohesive to me whatsoever.

It also displays the different culture norms and needs created by generations separated by centuries.

Beaudreaux

Well to date I use what is in the Strong Concordance, but I am open to reason why this is bad.
Not saying it is. :) It's just that you said we have the "original" Greek and Hebrew texts to study as though there were just one of each. There are many manuscripts, none of them originals, that scholars studied to translate the current versions of the Bible.