• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Biblical Contradictions

Xchristian

now he played around with translations to give a new Shaboth and a new prep day, playing with GREEK texts to define a HEBREW meaning all over again, all in the gospel according to james2ko.

that's what made me leave jesus in the first place, nothing is straightforward, you have to blind your eyes to the shining truth and believe!

james2ko

and they gave you permission to re-interpret what has been taken for granted from the new testament, right?

Nope. Just continuing a tradition started wayyyyy before the writing of the NT entered a brain cell.

Lev 23: Festivals
24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.

kylixguru

i believe that the traditional way of approaching the gospels is to make them
appear as though they are telling one story...i fall into that old habit occasionally...when in fact they are telling 4 separate stories...
The Gospels are telling 4 different stories, actually.
This is because they are prophecy. They were written as oracles.

For example, if you look at Day 1 of the Creation account you see where the advent of the Father comes about. His resurrection takes place at the time when the Light is divided from the Dark and He rules over the Day, which is what He was created to do on Day 4 when He was born as the Son, which was on Creation's Wednesday.

Sunday, in terms of the first Day (millennium) of a Creation cycle, is when Christ as the Father rules and reigns in glory. This is the return of the Son as the Father to rule and reign in glory for the Millennium.

waitasec

Veteran Member
The Gospels are telling 4 different stories, actually.
This is because they are prophecy. They were written as oracles.

For example, if you look at Day 1 of the Creation account you see where the advent of the Father comes about. His resurrection takes place at the time when the Light is divided from the Dark and He rules over the Day, which is what He was created to do on Day 4 when He was born as the Son, which was on Creation's Wednesday.

Sunday, in terms of the first Day (millennium) of a Creation cycle, is when Christ as the Father rules and reigns in glory. This is the return of the Son as the Father to rule and reign in glory for the Millennium.

what have you been smokin'
i want some... :cigar:

kylixguru

according to you...that is.
You are dealing with someone who has yet to recognize how the 4 Gospels cannot be reconciled into a single history and who is willing to stretch, bend and file pieces in order to try and make it all do so. In so doing, they totally miss the real meat God has provided in them.

waitasec

Veteran Member
You are dealing with someone who has yet to recognize how the 4 Gospels cannot be reconciled into a single history and who is willing to stretch, bend and file pieces in order to try and make it all do so. In so doing, they totally miss the real meat God has provided in them.

says who, you?

prove it with objective empirical evidence...otherwise
pot meet kettle.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yet you or anyone else have been able to prove otherwise. BTW..You should be happy for someone ( a Christian at that) to expose a contradiction against a Fri-Sun/Burial-Resurrection. ;)

mark 16:9

contradicts this argument.

Mark's account says the only one in the tomb on Sunday morning was an angel who told His disciples Christ had risen. Just because the saw Him on Sunday morning doesn't mean He was resurrected on Sunday morning. He was resurrected when He said He would be, 3 days and 3 nights after being in the grave. He was put in the grave sometime right before the High Sabbath commenced on Wed night, before sunset. Lets say around 6pm. So if we count it out Wed night, Thu day 1 day and 1 night, Thu night and Fri day= 2 days and 2 nights. Fri night and Saturday before sunset = 3 days and 3 nights later.
:sorry1:

and you also decided to bow out of this one...

here's another contradiction

did the disciples go to galilee to meet jesus
mark 16:7 But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’”

or did he meet them in jerusalem

luke 24:33 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34 and saying, “It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.” 35 Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread. 36 While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

2 separate stories...yet again.

kylixguru

says who, you?

prove it with objective empirical evidence...otherwise
pot meet kettle.
Yes, says I.

I have ruminated upon this "meat" sufficiently to digest it in a way that makes sense and explains perfectly what I have observed going on around me in my personal life.

I have yet to discern whether or not you are in possession of the faculties of rumination. I am not supposed to cast pearls before those creatures who lack a ruminant stomach.
What they shall do with what I offer them is trample them instead of ruminate upon them.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Yes, says I.

I have ruminated upon this "meat" sufficiently to digest it in a way that makes sense and explains perfectly what I have observed going on around me in my personal life.
thats fine for you...but don't expect me to see it the same way...since there is no objective empirical evidence

I have yet to discern whether or not you are in possession of the faculties of rumination.

and what you think of me, matters to me why?

I am not supposed to cast pearls before those creatures who lack a ruminant stomach.
What they shall do with what I offer them is trample them instead of ruminate upon them.
of course its all about you...

waitasec

Veteran Member
That was shot down here.
in your dreams perhaps...and to boot this also proves that the bible is fallible when you said
This is a mis-punctuated passage based on the translators preconceived beliefs of a Sunday resurrection.
:foot:
what was that about tradition?
:biglaugh:

It's actually getting kinda boring refuting you.
:shrug:
you've said this before...yet you keep coming back

kylixguru

thats fine for you...but don't expect me to see it the same way...since there is no objective empirical evidence
You seem to pride yourself with objectivity, but I have yet to sense a full measure of it.

and what you think of me, matters to me why?
It depends.

If you consider me a lunatic who just smokes weed and has meaningless hallucinations and you really don't care what I think, then why should I bother trying to have meaningful dialog with you?

You have already rent me twice now with baseless slur, how much more do you think I should tolerate?

You tout that you base your perceptions of things on empirical evidence and yet even though you have no actual evidence that I smoke hallucinogenic substances you thought it proper to slur me as if I did.

Such a mind is incapable of understanding truth, and more especially so when you enter into matters of spirituality.

of course its all about you...
More baseless slur.

If is all I am going to do is get made fun of and mocked when I share things that are deeply significant and sacred to me, it is fair of me to consider withholding.

None of this actually matters to you beyond personal amusement to make fun of people who appear stupid and ignorant to you.

What you find amusement in, I find sorrow in.

But, there are occasionally people who truly care about matters of God and who do possess the faculties of rumination and are therefore a great delight to converse with.

Sadly, you do not measure up. Discussion with you is no delight at all.

I will say, you come closer to being a delight than most any Christian on these forums does.