• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Question

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Is it OK to sin as long as you know that you will be punished one day?
No. That's like saying "Oh, if I jump off this building knowing that I'm going to splatter all over the ground, it's fine for me to jump." Or like saying it's okay to shoot yourself in the head as long as you know you'll kill yourself. Sin always causes harm. Knowing what that harm is won't keep it from coming.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Well we do in fact.. They do go sin.. We punish people for sinning, we dont deny them the right to sin. There is a difference. I think creating laws that prevent someone from sinning are against GOD ? Punishing someone for sinning is different.

there are laws that say people must not murder

Wouldnt you think that abortion falls under the category of murder considering it is a human child being killed?

Can you imagine if we made available a murder clinic where murderers could bring their intended victims and put them to death in the murder clinic... isnt that really what you are suggesting here?

Blackmarch

W'rkncacntr
God gave us all the right to choose from good or evil. This is a very fundamental right. Doesn't denying a woman the ability to choose a abortion deny her right to choose to sin ? It would seem that denying someone the ability to sin would be against GOD's will ?
there is no easy answer-
what about the person she's carrying? Is it right to allow someone to kill another, so that they can exercise their free will?

Whose freedom shall you side on? for whichever one you side with, the other one shall have their freedom cut short.

rusra02

Premium Member
God gave us all the right to choose from good or evil. This is a very fundamental right. Doesn't denying a woman the ability to choose a abortion deny her right to choose to sin ? It would seem that denying someone the ability to sin would be against GOD's will ?
I believe God has invested human governments a measure of authority to punish wrongdoers. (Romans 13:4) So a person has the right to choose to steal, or to murder someone. However, there are consequences for such conduct, both from human authorities and from God. (1 Peter 4:15) Whether human governments forbid abortion or not, having an abortion is a violation of God's law, IMO. (Exodus 21:22,23) Laws forbidding conduct condemned by God do not violate his Law, IMO.

Evidently, if a woman seeks an abortion, she probably committed a sinful act(s) in order to have become impregnated in the first place. God evaluates 'sin', by what is in your heart/soul, versus what is written in the Bible [laws]. Sometimes abortions may be acceptable, such as in cases of rape, or health issues. When in doubt, "Ask God in prayer."

atpollard

Again.. I believe its against GOD will to create a law that restricts someones ability to commit sin. I think each person has a GOD given right to choose sin and to restrict it is a major sin. Its OK to create laws that punish sin. Abortion is just a example. I think its a bad idea to create laws that restrict the ability to sin.
Come to Florida ... Abortion is legal here. So that addresses your concern about access to sin.

Beyond that, looking at your more fundamental question ... no law can prevent sin. Sinners will sin whether it is against the law of God or the law of man.

So take comfort in the fact that man is ultimately powerless to curb free will.
You have nothing to fear (except the wages of sin).

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

Actually, you are half-right. The Bible apostles and prophets reproved leaders for sin, but didn't do a lot of political advocacy. "Give beer to those who are perishing" is a verse that kind of hits on your "let freedom ring, let sinners sin" concept. However, the law(s) in general is made to stop evil in society.