• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Question

Xymox

God gave us all the right to choose from good or evil. This is a very fundamental right. Doesn't denying a woman the ability to choose a abortion deny her right to choose to sin ? It would seem that denying someone the ability to sin would be against GOD's will ?

Xymox

Well we do in fact.. They do go sin.. We punish people for sinning, we dont deny them the right to sin. There is a difference. I think creating laws that prevent someone from sinning are against GOD ? Punishing someone for sinning is different.

Xymox

Again.. I believe its against GOD will to create a law that restricts someones ability to commit sin. I think each person has a GOD given right to choose sin and to restrict it is a major sin. Its OK to create laws that punish sin. Abortion is just a example. I think its a bad idea to create laws that restrict the ability to sin.

Last edited:

savethedreams

God gave us all the right to choose from good or evil. This is a very fundamental right. Doesn't denying a woman the ability to choose a abortion deny her right to choose to sin ? It would seem that denying someone the ability to sin would be against GOD's will ?

Good one I love it! I am however against abortion but that is a good way to put it . "let us sin" lol

Xymox

Its part of a much bigger point I want to make about making laws that restrict the ability to choose sin. I believe its a grave sin to create a law that restricts the ability to choose sin ?

astarath

To encourage people to a godly lifestyle is never wrong and to hold believers to the standard of faith they proclaim is scriptural however to try to judge the world is not a Christians place. Ever. There is one judge alone and that is God.

Xymox

So police need to just go away? They prevent sin daily.
Well no, anyone can still sin. The police being around just reinforces that its possible to be punished for your sin... They do not prevent you from committing a sin
To encourage people to a godly lifestyle is never wrong and to hold believers to the standard of faith they proclaim is scriptural however to try to judge the world is not a Christians place. Ever. There is one judge alone and that is God.
Well put.

esmith

Veteran Member
Well if you look at Exodus 21:22 you can interpret it as follows:

Halakhic exegesis infers that, since the punishment is monetary rather than execution, the unborn fetus is not considered a living person and feticide is not murder; hence abortion is permitted when necessary to save the mother.

Xymox

I am using abortion as a example of a possible law that would restrict a woman's GOD given right to choose to sin. I believe its a sin to create a law that restricts the ability to sin ? I believe GOD intended to allow a woman to choose from right and wrong. I think it might be immoral to interfere with this decision before it can be made ?

Xymox

To take a life to save a life is to place yourself in the position of judge.
But the persons ability to choose to be judge and commit a grave sin should never be restricted by law ? Punsihed yes, but not restricted from choice.

astarath

I would question the role of the husband then to be diligent in his leadership of his wife and the biblical understanding that she should submit in order not to sin.

Xymox

For example if a magic drug could be made that made it impossible for someone to murder someone would this drug be immoral ? What if we created a law that mandated all babies have a shot that would make it impossible for them to commit any sin ? Obviously this would be against GOD's will as tempting as this law might be ? So isn't creating a law that restricts a woman's right to choose a abortion also immoral ? I dont think we want to create any law that restricts someones ability to choose between right and wrong ?

savethedreams

For example if a magic drug could be made that made it impossible for someone to murder someone would this drug be immoral ? What if we created a law that mandated all babies have a shot that would make it impossible for them to commit any sin ? Obviously this would be against GOD's will as tempting as this law might be ? So isn't creating a law that restricts a woman's right to choose a abortion also immoral ? I dont think we want to create any law that restricts someones ability to choose between right and wrong ?

I was just watching a Tv show about this drugs these kids are using called Salvia. ITs a plant that produces 'dream-like' state when you are awake, not only does that remind me of a couple scriptures.........I wonder if Paul took this drug?

filthy tugboat

Is abortion sin?

jojo50

Jehovah's will WASN'T for humans to sin,lol ,it was for humans to live forever on a sinned-free earth. sinning is the will of that wicked angel who lied on the Almighty God to eve. but you're right,Jehovah gave humans free will. that doesn't mean he said...go and live a debaurched life, there won't be any consequences!

for example,many fornicate and commit adultery,it's not only a sin,but an abomination. Jehovah isn't making anyone stop,he let us do what we want. but live to see the end,it'll be hell to pay because of the way one lived. the only way one will escape Jehovah's anger...is if we're already dead.

a baby is a gift from God,many don't have that gift. so he DOESN'T want one to take that life,it's the same to God as taking the life of one already here. i personally don't feel sorry for those who had sex without protection,get pregnant,than cry..."i don't want a baby" you should have thought about that when you were either being stupid because you and or your man didn't "like the way a condom feel" ,because they were too lazy to go get any form of protection,or because he said..if you don't, someone else will.

on the other hand for those who have health reasons or DID use protection, i can sympathize. still i don't go around saying to women who said "i'm getting an abortion", NOT to, i feel it's their world. so i DO feel other should leave them alone,and go fine a life of their own! either way,being-it the first or latter reason for an abortion. if one goes to Jehovah in Jesus name, by means of a heart-felt prayer,asking for forgiveness,he WILL. peace

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Well we do in fact.. They do go sin.. We punish people for sinning, we dont deny them the right to sin. There is a difference. I think creating laws that prevent someone from sinning are against GOD ? Punishing someone for sinning is different.
And desperate pregnant women throw themselves down the stairs all the time, too...
We don't stop abortion. We merely make it legal and safe.

Is it OK to sin as long as you know that you will be punished one day?