• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Prophecys coming true

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
the bible prophecy is well along in its final stages
Jesus did say than Niether him nor the angels in Heaven know when the end will come, but only the father knows, and the end will come like a thief in the night, unexpected. The book of Matthew I believe. I might be wrong on that.

What would have been a much more impressive prediction would have been if instead of kings, they had mentioned Presidents, Parlaiments, or some other political entity which is common in our modern world, but which would have been completely unknown to human writers in the first or second century A.D.
But then no one would have known what the Bible is talking about. But then again, the early church services were strictly in Latin, which the common man didn't understand.

Personally, I have had enough of worrying about any "end of time prophecies." Whether they be the Bible's, 2012, or any other form. When the end happens, it will happen and we can't do anything about it. I am going to go on living life as if tomorow will come.

may

JerryL said:
As they've been saying since the time of the apostles. So far, "nigh" has been pretty slow in coming.
many people have kept their eyes closed tightly ,but then others have the eyes of understanding. so i would have to disagree about the prophecy not coming true, because it is well along into the end of the prophecy .but are we ready for it and have we made our choice as to the right kingdom to be attached to? only we ourselves know that one.

may

Luke Wolf said:
Jesus did say than Niether him nor the angels in Heaven know when the end will come, but only the father knows, and the end will come like a thief in the night, unexpected. The book of Matthew I believe. I might be wrong on that.

pQUOTE]yes you are correct the bible does tell us that only Jehovah God knows the day and the hour when he will but an end to manmade rulership , even Jesus, Gods first born son and heir of the heavenly goverment , does not know the day and hour , nor do the angels in heaven , but only the father Jehovah, so all the more reason that we should be ready and waiting for when he does make himself known, because when he does ,there is going to be a seperating of the sheep and the goats , and this seperating is going to be done by non other than Jesus christ himself, because he has been given the job of judging the nations
: "The Father judges no one at all, but he has committed all the judging to the Son....John 5;22

Shortly before that end, the nations will "see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory....yes they will see not with litral eyes but with the eyes of understanding about Jesus role of judge and king

may

Mujahid Mohammed said:
I am curious and please forgive me for my ignorance but is it not true that inorder for a prophecy to be true must all statements in the prophecy come true inoder for it to be fulfilled. Is half of the prophecy came true but the other part did not does that mean it came true. Now it is to my understanding from what I have been told by certain Christian scholars and evangelists that this prophecy is referring to Jesus. But I have to ask when was Jesus(pbuh) ever called Emmanuel in his life time. And why did they name him Jesus if his name according to prophecy is to Emmanuel.

Im·man´u·el," which means, when translated, "With Us Is God. so Jesus was doing Gods will when he was on the earth, so he did not rely on himself, he did every thing the father would have done, that is why he was like God , it was like having God with us because he reflected his father Jehovahs ways if you look at the verse above ..matthew 1;21 it tells us that

She will give birth to a son, and you must call his name Jesus......so the prophecy was correct all along

JerryL

many people have kept their eyes closed tightly ,but then others have the eyes of understanding. so i would have to disagree about the prophecy not coming true, because it is well along into the end of the prophecy
And "true beleivers" have been giving that response for 1900 years. All but the most recent have died of old age expecting the end "any day now".

may

JerryL said:
And "true beleivers" have been giving that response for 1900 years. All but the most recent have died of old age expecting the end "any day now".
and how right true believers were , the kingdom goverment has been established in the heavens in 1914 just as the bible prophecies point to , and all of the signs that Jesus spoke of to indicate his kingdom presence are happening just as Jesus said it would be ,yes it was a multitude of signs many were distressing signs but some were based on Good news
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come,,,,matthew 24;14 the end here means the end of manmade rulerships and goverments of men not the end of the globe the earth.so the Goodnews is that Gods kingdom which is established in the heavens since 1914 is the only way to peace for the earth , and the reason why ?is because it has Gods son Jesus christ as king and he is waiting for the command from Jehovah his father to go into action and sort the nations out for good:)

JerryL

BTW, has anyone actually managed to come up with a bona-fide prophecy with extra-Biblical proof of coming true?

Kowalski

JerryL said:
BTW, has anyone actually managed to come up with a bona-fide prophecy with extra-Biblical proof of coming true?
Yes, come on, and we want hard evidence from varied sources, not someones personal spin.

K

may

for all those who study the bible they will be aware of( the appointed times of the nations )and the (seven times) if any one does not know about these prophecies in the bible may i suggest you go to the faithful slave class spoken in matthew 24;45-47 because they are the ones Jesus is using to do his will ,i am sure Jehovah God will make it quite plain to you who they are ,i wont tell you i will leave that up to you . other wise i will be told off on here by the moderators..LOL

Merlin

MusicProducer said:
Isa:7:14: Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Those prophesy is describing a main theology of a religion that would be used to conquer, chastise, destroy and enslave the people of Judah. Those words were written almost 100 years before the religion was even thought. The prophesy is so accurate that it even referrers to a name the main entity of the religion would be called. Seeing that the Old Testament is it’s own book and the New Testament is outside of them and were thought up after the Old Testament, I would say that qualifies as a bona-fid Miracle. This is the passage that was prophesied about in the Old Testament.

Mt:1:23: Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Actually Matthew might not have got that correct. He was a hundred years later, and a few hundred miles away, and he hadn't met any of the people who were around at the time, and he was trying to write a gospel to convert Jews to Christianity. So miss-translating the Hebrew for 'young woman' into virgin and then writing the virgin birth story would nicely link the existing scriptures to the new one.

The early gospels did not start at the birth, but at the beginning of the Ministry. St Paul was the first one to write anything down and he is remarkably silent about this aspect of things.

athanasius

The end is really close and almost here. I just have one wish when the end comes. I hope to be one of he few who are eaten first so I do not have to watch the rest die in agony.

Remember Gog Sogoth is the Gate. It is our only hope.......to be the frist ones ate.

writer

91 Actually Matthew might not have got that correct.
Actually, God, thru and in His apostle Matthew, got that correct. Since God's correct

He was a hundred years later, and a few hundred miles away, and he hadn't met any of the people who were around at the time,
To the contrary: Matthew both was called by the virgin's son, knew Him in the flesh, walked with Him, and met "all" of the people who were around at the time. Since that was his time, and place

and he was trying to write a gospel to convert Jews to Christianity.
Actually, he, and His Savior, were trying to get Jews (and ultimately everyone) to convert to Christ

So miss-translating the Hebrew for 'young woman' into virgin and then writing the virgin birth story would nicely link the existing scriptures to the new one.
This "mistranslation" was done by Jews around 270 years b4 Matthew and the Messiah. 310 years before Matthew's new Scripture existed.
In addition, especially in its uses in the OT, the Hebrew word in Isa 7:14 "damsel," or "young woman," absolutely doesn't necessarily exclude virgins. Just like our word "people" duzn't exclude men.
Indeed, ethically, culturally, and morally, all (proper or unraped) Jewish young women unmarried Should've been virgins. Isaiah's wife wasn't becuase she was Isaiah's wife

The early gospels did not start at the birth, but at the beginning of the Ministry.
To the contrary: the earliest two Gospels, Matthew (40ish a.D.) and Luke (60ish a.D.) begin BEFORE Messiah's birth. With His genealogy, conception, and Christ's forerunner's conception. And the last of the 4, John, begins in eternity-past.
Then shortly proceeds to "And the Word became flesh."
Matching Isaiah's word ending the section beginning near 7:14 "Unto us a child's born, unto us a Son's given, and His name shall be called Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace..." (9:6)

St Paul was the first one to write anything down and he is remarkably silent about this aspect of things.
To the contrary: Paul's earliest writings (Thes and Gal--a.D. 54) antecede Matthew by about a decade and a half. Nor r "When the fullness of time came God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, under the law" (Gal 4:4) and "Christ Jesus existing in the form of God emptied Himself becoming in the likeness of men, being found in fashion as a man" (Philip 2:6-8) "silent." In fact, Paul there's the opposite of silent. He's public.
Thanks