• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible Prophecys coming true

Ryan2065

People keep pointing out all the bible prophecys that are coming true, so I wanted to start a thread where people could debate these.

Do you think any bible prophecys have come true? If so, was it an act of god or would it have come about eventually?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I know some of the 'end of days' prophecies have either happened before, or have always been thier. Rome conquered almost all of the known world, as did Alexander The Great. This put much of the world under one religion, government, and currency. The world has also always been filled with violent people.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
There are always wars, deaths, natural disasters and horrible things happening.

In fact I predict, in withing the next 100 years that there will be a large war, a massive earthquake and a single ruler will come into power and scare the pants off people somewhere.

Now go forth and sin no more.

MusicProducer

Dan:8:12: And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
Dan:8:13: Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?14: And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

All of that is prophesying about Jesus and his followers.

“against the daily sacrifice” describes the New Testament theology that we not longer have to sacrifice unto GOD because Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice.

“by reason of transgression” Servants of Jesus theology is that he was sacrificed for our sin, transgression.

“cast down the truth to the ground;” describes how Servants of Jesus ignore GOD in the Old Testament, Truth.

“practised, and prospered.” shows how many Servant of Jesus and their organizations have gotten monies and power from the promotion of a lie created against the GOD of the Old Testament and HIS Anointed.

“Unto two thousand and three hundred days” days in that passage would be better understood as years. In this particular section of Daniel the writer constantly swaps between units of measuring time. This explains that Servants of Jesus would reign on earth for about 2300 years from the fall of the original Jerusalem in the Old Testament.

The Old Testament prophesies are vary clear but dependent on what side of the fence you are on, they can be difficult to see.

JerryL

Can anyone cite Biblical prophecies which were confirmed to occur outside the Bible and after the Bible was written?

MusicProducer

JerryL said:
Can anyone cite Biblical prophecies which were confirmed to occur outside the Bible and after the Bible was written?
Isa:7:14: Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Those prophesy is describing a main theology of a religion that would be used to conquer, chastise, destroy and enslave the people of Judah. Those words were written almost 100 years before the religion was even thought. The prophesy is so accurate that it even referrers to a name the main entity of the religion would be called. Seeing that the Old Testament is it’s own book and the New Testament is outside of them and were thought up after the Old Testament, I would say that qualifies as a bona-fid Miracle. This is the passage that was prophesied about in the Old Testament.

Mt:1:23: Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

JerryL

Those prophesy is describing a main theology of a religion that would be used to conquer, chastise, destroy and enslave the people of Judah. Those words were written almost 100 years before the religion was even thought. The prophesy is so accurate that it even referrers to a name the main entity of the religion would be called. Seeing that the Old Testament is it’s own book and the New Testament is outside of them and were thought up after the Old Testament, I would say that qualifies as a bona-fid Miracle. This is the passage that was prophesied about in the Old Testament.
And the proof of it's fulfillment is in the new testement. Do you have any prophcies which can be independantly verified (as opposed to made and then fulfilled only Biblically).

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
MusicProducer said:
Isa:7:14: Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
Do some research and then get back to us ... :rolleyes:

Aqualung

Tasty
JerryL said:
Many prophets fortold the overtaking of Jeruselem.

MusicProducer

JerryL said:
And the proof of it's fulfillment is in the new testement. Do you have any prophcies which can be independantly verified (as opposed to made and then fulfilled only Biblically).[/size][/font]
Yes, but to get that deep in the Old Testament you have to learn Hebrew and then learn Hebrew syntax and context structuring. Then you have to get into a program called Bible Codes. But the thing about looking for future events in the Bible is you have to know words and phrases that will describe a future event. Well, if you already know the words and phrases that describe that event, then you already would have to know the future.

The Old Testament also foretells the coming of every heathen nation to come after Babylon. But in order to see it you have to understand the Book. I could explain it to you but it is a pretty deep explanation. It foretells of what is now called the European Union and America.

MusicProducer

Deut. 32.8 said:
Do some research and then get back to us ... :rolleyes:
English Bible
Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, the young woman is with child, and she will bear a son, and shall call his name Immanu-El.
I already understand the Jewish Translation and it continues to point to the same conclusion as it being prophesy of a destroying religion and people that would deliver the final conquering blow to Judah.

Aqualung

Tasty
JerryL said:
Which one? The Asyrians, Babylonians, Greeks, Romans, Ottomans, Syrians, Isrealis or Palistenians?
Probably most. the one I can think of the most was the Bablylonian.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
MusicProducer said:
I already understand the Jewish Translation and it continues to point to the same conclusion as it being prophesy of a destroying religion and people that would deliver the final conquering blow to [/color]Judah.

Read all of the words. :banghead3

Aqualung

Tasty
Deut. 32.8 said:
Which verse do you find most compelling?
I can't say. I've already packed away my Bible. In fact, I'll be packing up my computer in about an hour, too. Sorry. Perhaps I shoudn't of even posted it without knowing the exact quotes. :bonk:

MusicProducer

Deut. 32.8 said:
Or, conversely, you can use your Dick Tracey magic decoder ring. See, for example, here.
Anything that relates to GOD will always produce skeptics, always. For the simple reason many people don’t believe in GOD. Thus finding a Book within a Book that tells the future is proof of a Higher Being so the people that naturally don’t believe in GOD will refute anything that proves HIS existence.