• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bible and the Quaran - same god

ProfLogic

People have been debating who is right and wrong religion for ages. Holy wars had been staged due to the beliefs that people see in their holy books. Bible origin is much of a mystery and the Quaran can be traced to the original prophet. Could it be the same self proclaimed bible god that found a different set of individuals that is more worthy than the ancient Hebrews? The last time any sign of the self proclaimed bible god communication to the believers of the bible was during jesus' and the apostles time and the quaran was a believe 600 years after... Why can't it be the same self proclaimed bible god that decided to have a covenant with the Quaran's prophet?

Laila

In depth study of holy books reveal that violence is never the answer on the contrary it is condemmed. The noble Quran states clearly that "there is no compulsion in religion" Surah 2 verse 256, So called 'holy wars' are created by people for power or other perverse reasons. You can't blame religion for the weakness of men!
God is one and for all mankind and creation, everything and everyone belongs to God. When studying religious history the Old Testament, the Gospels and the Quran must be placed on the same level as being collections of written Revelation.

Muslims believe that the Noble Quran is the last and final revelation.
"This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion; " Quran Surah 5 verse 3.

However, the Quran also states;
"To every one of you We have appointed a right way and an open road. If God willed, He would have made you one nation but that He may try you in what has come to you. So be you forward in good works unto God shall you return, all together and He will tell you of that whereon you were at variance" Quran Surah 5 verse 48.

Muslims totality accept people of other faiths as if they don't they would be going against the authority of God. If God willed be would all be one (follow the same) but then where is the test of faith or free will?
It is up to the individual to educate themselves, understand the different faiths and then truly follow their heart.

You are right in your thinking Proflogic, it is the same God.
There is no God except THE GOD.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
It's simple, what God says about Himself in the bible is very different to what he says in the koran, they cannot both be true. The Triune God of the bible has a Son, allah has no son, the God of the bible attaches himself to a particular earthly people namely the Jews, He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, allah's people descends from Ishmael. He attaches Himself to place -- Jerusalem, allah does not. He offers salvation by grace on a just basis, allah just forgives sin because he is apparently merciful and for no other reason.
I know for the sake of peace and unity people want to say that they are the same but it is ignoring some blatant differences to say so and would take a rank denial of the bible to do so.

ProfLogic

Laila said:
In depth study of holy books reveal that violence is never the answer on the contrary it is condemmed. The noble Quran states clearly that "there is no compulsion in religion" Surah 2 verse 256, So called 'holy wars' are created by people for power or other perverse reasons. You can't blame religion for the weakness of men!
God is one and for all mankind and creation, everything and everyone belongs to God. When studying religious history the Old Testament, the Gospels and the Quran must be placed on the same level as being collections of written Revelation.

Muslims believe that the Noble Quran is the last and final revelation.
"This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion; " Quran Surah 5 verse 3.

However, the Quran also states;
"To every one of you We have appointed a right way and an open road. If God willed, He would have made you one nation but that He may try you in what has come to you. So be you forward in good works unto God shall you return, all together and He will tell you of that whereon you were at variance" Quran Surah 5 verse 48.

Muslims totality accept people of other faiths as if they don't they would be going against the authority of God. If God willed be would all be one (follow the same) but then where is the test of faith or free will?
It is up to the individual to educate themselves, understand the different faiths and then truly follow their heart.

You are right in your thinking Proflogic, it is the same God.
There is no God except THE GOD.

I believe people always refer something about infidels in the Quaran or is that something else?... it seems to be a parallel to the bible beliefs that anyone that do not worship in the manner that the book refers to are evil..needs to be destoryed, etc? Can you explain this in reference to the Quaran if any?

Secondly, the same god indeed... I am pretty sure others would argue about this because, people still today says that believing int he bible becomes the favor of the self proclaimed god. Now if the self proclaimed god decided to select a different set of people and a different set of scriptures then one of the deemed selected group is incorrect. People into religion most likely thinks they are the just and correct one.

ProfLogic

New Life said:
It's simple, what God says about Himself in the bible is very different to what he says in the koran, they cannot both be true. The Triune God of the bible has a Son, allah has no son, the God of the bible attaches himself to a particular earthly people namely the Jews, He is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, allah's people descends from Ishmael. He attaches Himself to place -- Jerusalem, allah does not. He offers salvation by grace on a just basis, allah just forgives sin because he is apparently merciful and for no other reason.
I know for the sake of peace and unity people want to say that they are the same but it is ignoring some blatant differences to say so and would take a rank denial of the bible to do so.

Didn't the bible NT introduce the son? I know some portions of religion is just based on the OT.. is that closer to the Quaran?

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
According to Islamic ideology, the god of Mohammed is the god of Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus; these are the principle prophets of the Islam.

d.

_______
ProfLogic said:
Didn't the bible NT introduce the son? I know some portions of religion is just based on the OT.. is that closer to the Quaran?

yes, judaism.:sarcastic

ProfLogic

spacemonkey said:
According to Islamic ideology, the god of Mohammed is the god of Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus; these are the principle prophets of the Islam.

If its the same god why the arguments? Did it proclaimed also that it is a god through Mohammed and deemed that what it created was evil also in the Quaran, so it needed to start over on earth?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Where does the Koran say that Allah has no son?

What does the Old Testament say about God's Son?

The differences aren't in the revelation, they're in the religions that different humans created.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
ProfLogic said:
I am asking about the arguments between Muslims and Christians and Jews.... If its the same god why argue amongst themselves, shouldn't they be united and deal with other things? Thanks for the link.

Most of the arguments are over the details, Jesus as son of god, manner of worship, things of this nature.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic said:
Could it be the same self proclaimed bible god that found a different set of individuals that is more worthy than the ancient Hebrews?
more worthy? i wouldn't say more worthy...G-d promised to make Bnei Yishmael into a great nation, who's to say He didn't send messangers to them or Muhammed specifically...the point being it's not meant for the Jews, the Torah is meant for the Jews...if it causes them to follow the 7 Noahidic laws, then there's not really an issue IMO

ProfLogic

spacemonkey said:
Most of the arguments are over the details, Jesus as son of god, manner of worship, things of this nature.

Thanks for the info...Since in the Quaran they said that their god is the one speaking through Mohammed, then does the argument make sense to you? Believers of the OT and the NT logically if i8ts the same god should follow the Quaran since it it the newest revelation as seen in things that the NT had clarified. Both claimed that a god has spoken to them and both believe they are products of the Abraham..... shouldn't they just treat themselves like family and work in achieving their main goal which is to exist and be closer to their god. Instead I see in history and even today holy wars are still staged. I haven't heard a world wide condemnation of killings on both sides or even the ones who actually do the killings, have you? Their killings as portrayed were all justifiable.....

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic said:
Both claimed that a god has spoken to them and both believe they are products of the Abraham..... shouldn't they just treat themselves like family and work in achieving their main goal.....

wow....
is your family like the brady bunch? if we take the family analogy one step further it makes sense...most people can't stand their family (i know mine get on my nerves and some i don't even talk to anymore):)

ProfLogic

jewscout said:
more worthy? i wouldn't say more worthy...G-d promised to make Bnei Yishmael into a great nation, who's to say He didn't send messangers to them or Muhammed specifically...the point being it's not meant for the Jews, the Torah is meant for the Jews...if it causes them to follow the 7 Noahidic laws, then there's not really an issue IMO

Just like in Chronicles, the self procalimed god did not want david to build anything for it since he had killed so he found someone more worthy which was solomon. After that it seemed to lose its interest with david because he is old and can not perform. If it is the same god, and decided to go on through the Quaran, then whats wrong with that? If it wanted to select the hebrews....Israelites.. jews... wouldn't we have seen a newer testatament than the NT?

ProfLogic

Super Universe said:
Where does the Koran say that Allah has no son?

What does the Old Testament say about God's Son?

The differences aren't in the revelation, they're in the religions that different humans created.

I do know there is an awareness that suggested it to these people.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
ProfLogic said:
If it is the same god, and decided to go on through the Quaran, then whats wrong with that? If it wanted to select the hebrews....Israelites.. jews... wouldn't we have seen a newer testatament than the NT?

because both the Christian Gospels and the Quran do not reinforce the Torah, in the case of the Quran laws are different than those found in the Torah.

Deut. 13:1

again, it may be for Muslims (the quran) but it is not meant for the Jews...it's an apples and oranges thing...it's just different.