• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best religious Book

Mary23

Salam! To all my religious fellows. I do not mean to tease any one but I am saying what is written in Quran and Look this Book is not my book but every human being has a right to have it.
May peace and mercy be upon us by Allah!

Mary23

• Victory of the History
When you study the history, you will come to know that who hold this glorious Book was victor, example of Muhammad (may Allah be pleased him), he was the last prophet with the Last book Holy Quran, sent by Allah.
Example of Muhammad bin Qasim, who victor the Sub-continent and he was the follower of Quran. After him Muslims were ruled over 1000 years, they all were the follower of Quran. But when they left to follow Quran they declined and lost whatever they had. And today Muslims even did not know what is written in Quran. They have their wishes and referred it to Quran, while Quranic teachings are quite different whatever they do.
  • Not only tell about paradise but also how to win paradise.
This book tells about paradise, “It is the place where whatever you get will be fulfilled, and there is more from thy Lord”
This book not only tells about paradise but also how can we win, it says, “Do not indulged in illegal sexual intercourse” But it also tells how can we refrain our self from doing wrong, it says, “remember Allah five times with prayer, it will refrain you from sinful acts and it will strengthen your hearts from doing this” It is same as example of a student, he will succeed in his exams if he will remember his lesson daily. If he did not know what is written in his textbook how can he passed?
  • Based upon sensible facts
Only this Book has the sensible facts, for example: Story of Mary and Jesus. I could not understand how people could believe about “Jesus the son of God”. If it is then why only Allah will choose Jesus who was made of dust and water and who was a human being. If Allah wants child then he will really like to be same like him, but people say Jesus was died. Can a Son of God die?
  • Evidence of scientific facts
The Book, Quran has scientific facts that are proofed today. For example, “Ending of universe” (if you want detail about this topic then massage me!)
The scientist has paced on moon and Allah has mentioned it 1400 years ago, “and Allah had put moon and the Sun to your approach” (in Quran)
The facts coming forth about ruin places are proving as mentioned in Quran, and many more…
  • It has no revised version; it is never changed and challenging book in the History
It is the only Book which is not revised every year or after fixed time. It is same as it was revealed and it is never changed.
Allah says in Quran, “and we have revealed this Book and we are the guardian of it.”
In other place Allah says, “Can you bring the single verse like this, you can never do it.”
  • Mummy of Pharaoh
Allah has mention in Quran about the Mummy of Pharaoh, “and We (Allah) has made the mummy of Pharaoh as a sign for the people of world.”
And Allah has really made him sign, no portion on the earth is excepting his mummy. When he is buried his mummy get out of the ground because he has ignored Allah’s revelations.
  • Narration of previous scripture
Quran has the narration of previous books, such as Bible, Taurah, but these are not remained in their original state; people have changed their scripture. Therefore Allah has sent his last revelation Quran, which is never changed and will never changed till Last Day arrived.

There are many more facts also but due to shortage I have not mentioned them in detail.

========================================

Mary23

Quran in its Arabic form is unchallenged in its rhythm and beauty. Quran challenges to those who disbelieve in it to produce a single chapter comparable to it. More then 1400 years have passed since prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and the challenge of Quran still remains.
A Miracle:
I will quote according to Quranic verses now;
  • “And if you are in doubt as to what We (Allah) have revealed from time to time to Our servant (Muhammad), then produce a Surah like thereunto (like quranic verse); and call your witness or helpers (if there any) besides Allah, if your doubt are true” (2:23)
It means Allah is challenging to those who has doubt in this scripture (Quran) that is revealed to Muhammad (pbuh), if those people who have doubt in it then create a single chapter like the chapter of Quran, and they can not do that as how can they compare Allah’s word?
  • “Say (to the disbelievers): if the whole of the mankind and jinns (ghosts) were together to produced the like of this Quran, they backed up each other with help and support.” (17:88)
The same challenge Allah is repeating in this verse, that if all mankind and ghost are combined they can never produced a single verse like in Quran.
  • “Do they say: it (Quran) is the handy work of Muhammad! Say to them: then bring ten handy chapters like it and call upon whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.”
“But if they do not answer you, then know that it is revealed by Allah’s knowledge and that there is no God but Allah; will you then submit (accept)?” (11:13)
Some people who say that Quran is the handy work done by Muhammad (pbuh), then you produced ten chapter like Quran if you are true. Then further Allah is saying if they (the people who say it is handy work) will give no reply to you and they can never do that. Allah has the knowledge of all. Then Allah is asking to every one, after knowing this will you accept this truth?

Is Quran from God?

• “Say: the Quran was sent down by Allah who knows the secrets in the heavens and the earth; Verily He (Allah) is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (25:6)
Allah is saying that tell to the people, this Quran is from Allah who knows all the secrets and who accept it after disbelieving, then Allah if Forgive him/her and Merciful upon him/her and he/she will be given help by Allah.
  • “It is He (Allah) Who has sent amongst the not well educated messenger from among themselves (people of Arabs), to rehearse to them His sins, to sanctify them in Scripture and Wisdom, - although they had been, before, in manifest error.” (62:2)
It means that Allah has sent an illiterate man, named Muhammad (pbuh), among you. So, you may not say that this Quran is the handy work of Muhammad (pbuh). How is it possible to write a book consisting of 114 chapters for an illiterate, shepherd man (i.e. Muhammad)? The fact is that the people are ignoring the truth.
  • “This Quran is not such as can be produced by other then Allah; on the contrary it is the confirmation of previous revelations (such as Holy Bible, Taurah, Vada etc.) And the fuller explanation of the book- wherein there is no doubt- from the Lord of the worlds” (10:37)
Allah says that Quran has the teachings of original previous scriptures. Whatever Muses and Juses and other prophets had for specific nations. But Quran is for all mankind. I (Mary23) do not say that it is the Book of only Muslims but this book (Quran) is for all my religious fellows. Quran is not for only Muslims’ property but other has also right to have it.
  • “Do they not consider the Quran? Had it been from other then Allah? They would surely have found therein much discrepancy.” (4:82)
  • “Praise be to Allah, Who has sent to His servant (Muhammad) the Book, and has allowed therein no crookedness (doubt or un understanding things): Allah has made it straight and clear in order that He may warm (the godless) of a terrible punishment from Him, and that He may give Glad tidings to the Believers who work righteous deeds, that they shall have a goodly reward” (18:1-2)
Allah wants to say that He has sent this Book with clear facts and orders. Who will follow it will be surely rewarded. Now Question is what is the security of saying this? Answer is security is this Book it self as it has never changed and will never changed and scientist are also astonished at the clear proves of this Book.
  • “Now have come to you from your Lord, proofs (to open your eyes): if any will see, it will be for (the good of) his own soul; if any will be blind, it will be to his own harm” (6:104)

Quran protected by Allah
  • “Allah has, without doubt, sent down the Message (of Quran); and Allah will surely guard it from corruption” (15:9)
It means that Allah has taken the responsibility of this Book being corrupted. And this responsibility is fulfilling.
· “No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: It is sent down by one Full of Wisdom, worthy of all praise.” (41:42)

Quran; guidance to all mankind
  • “And He (Allah) has not revealed to you the book expect that you may make clear to them in which they differ, and as a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe.” (16:64)
It means that tell to other peoples about this book because it is the guidance for all people who believe in Allah.
· “Allah has sent down to you the Book explaining all things, a guide, a Mercy and Glad rewards for those who have surrender to Allah” (16:89)
· “Surely, this Quran guides to that which is most upright and gives good news to the believers who do good that they shall have a great reward” (17:9)
· “And this (Quran) is a blessed reminder which Allah has revealed; will you then deny it?” (21:50)
· “These are clear evidences to men and a guidance and mercy to those of assured faith.” (45:20)
Quran; Made easy
· “And Allah has indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember; then is there any who will receive guidance from it” (54:17)
Allah is inviting to those who does not believe.
If you want to know more then u can mail me!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Fallacy: Appeal to Belief
Description of Appeal to Belief

Appeal to Belief is a fallacy that has this general pattern:
  1. Most people believe that a claim, X, is true.
  2. Therefore X is true.
Sadly Mary23, just because 1.2 billion people on the planet believe the Qur'an is the literal word of "god", does not make it so. It is in fact, wishful thinking, which is another form of logical fallacy.

For more information on logical fallacies... see here... The Nizkor Project

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

There are many religious books about, so I wouldn't presume to pick a "best" one!

And in my case, I endeavor to follow the scriptures of the Baha'i Faith, which number around 200 volumes, and which we Baha'is see as fully as true and valuable as the Qur'an, which both we and you love and appreciate! Our scriptures also have the virtue of having the social teachings and laws for THIS day rather than for some other millenia ago, BTW.

You can see the Baha'i scriptures, BTW, at:
And there's other valuable scripture around, too!

To see the scriptures of many religions, you can visit the Ocean site at:
So all this is truly a plethora of richness and potentials!

Best regards, :)

Bruce

michaelm

The New Testament Gospels of Christianity, The Bhaghava Gita of Hinduism, the Dhammapada of Buddhism

These are all wonderful (I have not included the Quran simply becasue i have not read it so cannot comment). They are all based on the same truths. They contain the same teachings. Follow one with determination and you follow them all. A persons preference is usually to do with upbringing and culture. One is not better than the other, only in the eye of the beholder.

Mary23

YmirGF said:
Fallacy: Appeal to Belief​

Description of Appeal to Belief

Appeal to Belief is a fallacy that has this general pattern:

1. Most people believe that a claim, X, is true.
  2. Therefore X is true.

Sadly Mary23, just because 1.2 billion people on the planet believe the Qur'an is the literal word of "god", does not make it so. It is in fact, wishful thinking, which is another form of logical fallacy.

Dear fellow! I am sadly to listen every non Muslims about "Quran is fallacy". the reason of this is not non Muslims but Muslims itself. They have develop the wrong senses of Quran. I will never feel if u say some thing about Quran but if u have any fallacy idea about Quran then it will be my pleasure:bow: to post me i will give u true arguements. u know; i am sad about today's Muslims. they even didn't know what actually Quran wants to say.
again my fellow, i am not forcing u to accept it but u know, 4.3 billion people believe that Quran is true. (according to US report)
Shankarachariya (a Hindu pandit), also claim that Quran is the true approach to win Hereafter.
But please don't get anger after this post, we mean to better understanding.

astarath

The To'rah, foundation for all of the Abrahamic faiths and lifeline/beggining of the story of man and god

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Mary23 said:
i am not forcing u to accept it but u know, 4.3 billion people believe that Quran is true. (according to US report)
I find it rather difficult to believe that any US report would cite 4.3 BILLION followers of Islam. Last time I checked the number was around 1.2 billion followers. But hey, what's a mere 3 billion people, eh. It's a minor mistake.

Mary23 said:
Shankarachariya (a Hindu pandit), also claim that Quran is the true approach to win Hereafter.
Well that is fascinating. Do you have any proof of this from non-Islamic sources? Since you have made the assertion, the burden of proof falls on you to prove the point.

Mary23 said:
Mary23, I am a fairly old man now and it isn't likely you could push my buttons to really get me going, lol. Knock yourself out though, hon.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Oh I can see this thread going down in flames fast! LOL!

Mary I am glad that you have found a path that connects you to the Creator and gives your life purpose and meaning. but at the same time we must remember and acknowledge the fact that the Torah which preceeded the other two cousin religions of Islam and Christianity does not say there is one true path or religion to follow. Nor does it say that we would find salvation through anything other than following G-d's commands. It is through submission to the One True G-d that we find sweet salvation. There is in fact salvation outside of Islam, Christianity and even Judaism.

Salam aleikum my dear sweet sister!

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
michaelm said:
The New Testament Gospels of Christianity, The Bhaghava Gita of Hinduism, the Dhammapada of Buddhism

These are all wonderful (I have not included the Quran simply becasue i have not read it so cannot comment). They are all based on the same truths. They contain the same teachings. Follow one with determination and you follow them all. A persons preference is usually to do with upbringing and culture. One is not better than the other, only in the eye of the beholder.

That is a beautiful post. My answer would be the Vedas for Hindus, Bible for Christians, Quran for Muslims etc. According to the Rig Veda - Truth is one but is called by many names.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Mary23 said:

Why isn't he a Muslim then? Hindus see all religions as leading to the same God. I agree that the Quran is a true approach but not the only approach.

Mary23

YmirGF said:
I find it rather difficult to believe that any US report would cite 4.3 BILLION followers of Islam. Last time I checked the number was around 1.2 billion followers. But hey, what's a mere 3 billion people, eh. It's a minor mistake.

Well that is fascinating. Do you have any proof of this from non-Islamic sources? Since you have made the assertion, the burden of proof falls on you to prove the point.

Mary23, I am a fairly old man now and it isn't likely you could push my buttons to really get me going, lol. Knock yourself out though, hon.

:slap: i am not here to fight about religion but your talk proves to be anger.
i have asked my religious fellows to tell about ur religion and not to conflict.
By the way have u any religion? I think u believe on other site and sites r ur religion.
Ok1 don't worry soon i will launch a new site with Islamic teachings;)

Mary23

Hema said:
Why isn't he a Muslim then? Hindus see all religions as leading to the same God. I agree that the Quran is a true approach but not the only approach.
Hema! Have you heard about Dr. Zakir Naik. I watched his speech on peace Tv. In which Shankaracharya said, “whe people will follow Quran, then there will be peace in this world” But I am not here to conflict among religions. I have just reply to “Happy fool” because it disgrace the Scripture.
Sorry I doesn’t mean to tease any one.

Mary23

NoahideHiker said:
Oh I can see this thread going down in flames fast! LOL!

Mary I am glad that you have found a path that connects you to the Creator and gives your life purpose and meaning. but at the same time we must remember and acknowledge the fact that the Torah which preceeded the other two cousin religions of Islam and Christianity does not say there is one true path or religion to follow. Nor does it say that we would find salvation through anything other than following G-d's commands. It is through submission to the One True G-d that we find sweet salvation. There is in fact salvation outside of Islam, Christianity and even Judaism.

Salam aleikum my dear sweet sister!
Yes, My sweet brother! u r right. there is salvation to submit to only one God. That's what i am saying. u have got my point in true sense. u r intelligent.:rolleyes:

Mary23

hey guys!
what r u doing all. I am not here to conflict each other. i want to know about ur religion and u r carrying Quran at the top, Quran is this and Quran is that. If ur religion is true then bring the truth on the post.
the fact is that u even did not know what is written in ur scriptures.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Mary23 said:
hey guys!
what r u doing all. I am not here to conflict each other. i want to know about ur religion and u r carrying Quran at the top, Quran is this and Quran is that. If ur religion is true then bring the truth on the post.
the fact is that u even did not know what is written in ur scriptures.

"the fact is that u even did not know what is written in ur scriptures"

:confused:

i did not know what was written in the Qur'an because i have not read it, and i have had no need to (though i do want to in the next couple of years)

i have no scriptures to speak of, the truth of my faith lies in personal experience and development.

michaelm

sometimes people get so hung up on scriptures that it seems to me they become obstacles to spiritual development. They are manuals to follow, not to worship themselves. Reading a scripure, believing a scripture isnt spiritual practice, putting the teaching into practice is. How ironic and sad that so much blood has been shed between people of different faiths, or people within the same faith over who's version of Infinite Wisdom is the one true version - especially since each one of those versions they are prepared to kill and die for contain very clear advice on the importance of love, compassion, forgiveness and tolerence.