• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best Actor... Ever!

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I would pick someone who is incredibly flexible. My short list would be

Actors:
  • Tom Hanks
  • Johnny Depp
  • Al Pacino
  • Robin Williams
  • Will Smith
Actresses:
  • Amanda Peet
  • Sandra Bullock
  • Cameron Diaz
  • Zooey Deschannel
  • Michelle Pfieffer

Draka

Wonder Woman
For actress...the name that keep coming to mind for me is Halle Berry. That girl can act in anything!

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Marlon Brando

Johnny Depp

Leonardo Decaprio

Alan Alda (and all the actors on M*A*S*H* actually)

...Just to name a few. :)

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I think Gillian Anderson is a really good actress. She was on the Ellen Degeneres show a few years ago, and I watched it, and she is so different in real life than Scully, who she plays on The X-Files.

To be so different in real life, as compared to her character on the show means she is a great actress. :D

And as for actors, I'd say Will Smith is probably the best. :D

texan1

Hmmmm some of my favorites would be:

Al Pacino
Jack Nicholson
Paul Newman
Harrison Ford
Jeff Bridges
Kenneth Branagh
Morgan Freeman (Shawshank is the best!!!)
Gary Oldman
Phillip Seymour Hoffman

Meryl Streep
Diane Keaton
Nicole Kidman
Cate Blanchet
Hillary Swank

Okay. I guess that's kind of too many. But it's hard to narrow down. And you are right Christine - who doesn't love Jimmy Stewart? "It's a Wonderful Life" is one of my favorite movies of all time!

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
The guy who played old man Saliery in Amadeus.

Hmm... otherwise, there's Lon Chaney from the silent movie era, Bela Lugosi(not just as Dracula, either) Christopher Lee(!!!!), Johnny Depp, hmm... Bernard Hill's monologue in Return of the King, his "We shall have peace," speech, was one of the greatest performances I'd ever seen on film...

Okay, now for the women. Hmm... Cate Blanchet.(sp?) Liv Tyler. (two elves. lol) Japanese voice-actress Megumi Ogata. The girl who played Elizabeth in Pirates of the Carribean, I can never remember her name. >_<

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
That was Keira Knightley.

Actor:
Tom Hanks
Al Pacino
Bobby DeNiro (I can call him that)
and I can't believe no one has mentioned Jack Nicholson!!!

Actress:
Keria KKnightly
Natalie Portman (not her Star Wars roles)
Cate Blanchet

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
F. Murray Abraham was Salieri.

Johnny Depp is also, good, I agree. I still think there's no comparing to Daniel Day-Lewis. I love Al Pacino and Bob DeNiro, but they aren't all that versatile. They play the same character in almost everything they're in. Don't get me wrong, they are two of my favorites, but not as greatest actors ever.

Actresses are harder, but I like Kate Winslet.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Kenneth Branaugh was a good choice Texan. I saw him in Hamlet and he was amazing. I've always liked Jack Nicholson, Tom Hanks, Anthony Hopkins, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt is good once in a while, and Matt Damon. Oh yeah, you can't forget about Vin Diesel right?.........guys? *cricket..cricket*

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
F. Murray Abraham was Salieri.

Johnny Depp is also, good, I agree. I still think there's no comparing to Daniel Day-Lewis. I love Al Pacino and Bob DeNiro, but they aren't all that versatile. They play the same character in almost everything they're in. Don't get me wrong, they are two of my favorites, but not as greatest actors ever.

Actresses are harder, but I like Kate Winslet.

hey, DeNiro can play funny, psycho, crazy, serious. I forgot about Daniel Day-Lewis, his role as the Butcher in Gangs of New York was great.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
hey, DeNiro can play funny, psycho, crazy, serious. I forgot about Daniel Day-Lewis, his role as the Butcher in Gangs of New York was great.

The thing is all of DeNiro's characters are crazy and psycho to a degree. The funny and serious just depend on the rest of the movie. Basically it's still the same basic character, just in different contexts.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Greatest Actor:

Sir Anthony Hopkins
Sir Alec Guinness
Robert DeNiro
Al Pacino
Jeremy Irons

Greatest Actress:

Dame Helen Mirren
Dame Judi Dench
Katharine Hepburn
Meryl Streep
Jodie Foster

Honorable mention goes to Daniel Day Lewis, Hustin Doffman, Bette Davis, Cathy Bates and Sigourney Weaver