• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Being God

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I had a deeply profound thought on facebook that I want to discuss with all you deep thinkers.

If God is alive then live knowing he is always with you, if he is dead do the same. Be the God you envision. Agree or disagree, and why?

Who is God to you and do you embody that character quality?

I hope that all is well.

*edit* Sorry if this is in the wrong DIR *edit*

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Well, when I play God-games, I try to be kind of a peacekeeper, but not exactly in a wise fashion... more in a naive way.

RedDragon94

God to me is the Greatest.

He created us and he is loving and caring.

I have true respect for him.

:)
Are you the best person you could possibly be?

Are you loving and caring?

And... Are you respectable?

I guess my point is if we don't abide by the principles of our God-concepts, we're hypocrites.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I don't believe there to be any such thing as an external deity such as a God. In our Beliefs each of us have a Higher Self and this becomes the only god we ever come to know. This True Self is our core being, it is an unchangeable, permanent part of the Self. It is unique, indestructible and not directly observable, yet it is why you have come to be aware of your own existence.

RedDragon94

This True Self is our core being, it is an unchangeable, permanent part of the Self.
And are you confident and steadfast in you beliefs?
unique, indestructible and not directly observable
What's something about you that sets you apart?

Are you confident in yourself?

And, are you able to conceal yourself from danger?

Basically are you one with that higher self?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
And are you confident and steadfast in you beliefs
I had better be! I started an entire organization based on this principle! LOL!!
What's something about you that sets you apart?
Apart from what?
Are you confident in yourself?
And, are you able to conceal yourself from danger?
I don't see what these have to do with what we are talking about, please elaborate.
Basically are you one with that higher self?
Not as often as I'd like to be . . . but, I'm working on it ;)

Baladas

An Págánach
If God is alive then live knowing he is always with you, if he is dead do the same. Be the God you envision. Agree or disagree, and why?
I agree. Even should the gods/spirits end up proving to simply be parts of my mind, they still benefit me as standards and ways to explore my consciousness.

There are countless gods to me...though I do try to embody the qualities that they represent.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I had a deeply profound thought on facebook that I want to discuss with all you deep thinkers.

I hope that all is well.

Though I don't care to use the term god, I don't have any other appropriate word. Who is god to me? Life. Yes, weird way to say it, we are all god. No separation.

I agree to being the god you envision. If you envision a god of love, find a way to manifest that love within you. If it (or him or they) make you peaceful, find that peace within god/s.

I have a knack of creativity and the arts. Writing, poetry, ritual, etc are my prayers. That's how I embody the character of god. That keeps me intune with life.

How to find peace with other people and myself is always a growing process. Right now, I'm doing that with family.

:herb: If you mean god as an entity, "he" is dead to me. I don't believe in deities.

How would I envision and embody a god that is dead to me?

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I hope that all is well.

I think....God and Man are separate
and intended to stay that way.....even in heaven

if the mind of God and the mind os any individual should join....
the quality of being individual is lost

not much point in making 7billion+ copies of a learning device.....to from individuals....
only to lose that trait at the first meeting of the minds

RedDragon94

How would I envision and embody a god that is dead to me?
Well then I would ask the person if they are satisfied with life. Because if the thing they admire most about life is death what keeps them from going to that place?

RedDragon94

not much point in making 7billion+ copies of a learning device.....to from individuals....
only to lose that trait at the first meeting of the minds
How do we not learn from each other as human beings? Isn't that the point of life?