• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Beijing to Judge Every Resident Based on Behavior by End of 2020

Cooky

Veteran Member
China’s plan to judge each of its 1.3 billion people based on their social behavior is moving a step closer to reality, with Beijing set to adopt a lifelong points program by 2021 that assigns personalized ratings for each resident.

The capital city will pool data from several departments to reward and punish some 22 million citizens based on their actions and reputations by the end of 2020, according to a plan posted on the Beijing municipal government’s website on Monday. Those with better so-called social credit will get “green channel” benefits while those who violate laws will find life more difficult.

The Beijing project will improve blacklist systems so that those deemed untrustworthy will be “unable to move even a single step,” according to the government’s plan.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
...China's government is crazy.
Sounds like truckers DAC scores here in the US.

If you don't drive a truck right don't expect to get a trucking job if your DAC score is low. If your DAC store is high, companies with lucrative paying jobs will be more than happy to hire you.

Don't be surprised if we get something like this here in the US and the rest of the Free World for that matter at some point in the future.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sounds like truckers DAC scores here in the US.

If you don't drive a truck right don't expect to get a trucking job if your DAC score is low. If your DAC store is high, companies with lucrative paying jobs will be more than happy to hire you.

Don't be surprised if we get something like this here in the US and the rest of the Free World for that matter at some point in the future.
Of course, what's going on in China is vastly different from
evaluating truck drivers based upon their accident record.

Twilight Hue

Of course, what's going on in China is vastly different from
evaluating truck drivers based upon their accident record.
Same principle. You're rewarded with a good score. You're penalized with a bad score.

Incidentally DAC scores have nothing to do with accidents alone. That's only part of it. It also is determined through the results of DOT inspections and checkpoints that can move
the score up or down.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Same principle. You're rewarded with a good score. You're penalized with a bad score.
A good score in things like credit & driving record are useful.
I see a major difference though.
China would give or take rights based upon a lifestyle score.
Rather oppressive, eh.

Twilight Hue

A good score in things like credit & driving record are useful.
I see a major difference though.
China would give or take rights based upon a lifestyle score.
Rather oppressive, eh.
Well there's no doubt China's far worse.

I can't help but have that distinct feeling that something similar is going to happen elsewhere and I won't be surprised if it happens here and/or in Europe at some point in the future.

With all the advances in technology Ai and all that, It's almost a foreshadowing of things to come for everybody.

Given the nature of Communism, there's no surprise that China will lead the charge as with most first world totalitarian regimes that possess that type of Technology and means.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
This is to be expected when the president can be president for life....currently I do not think there is anyone in China who dares to challenge Xi. They also heavily monitor their social media so this discussion would not be allowed there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well there's no doubt China's far worse.

I can't help but have that distinct feeling that something similar is going to happen elsewhere and I won't be surprised if it happens here and/or in Europe at some point in the future.

With all the advances in technology Ai and all that, It's almost a foreshadowing of things to come for everybody.

Given the nature of Communism, there's no surprise that China will lead the charge as with most first world totalitarian regimes that possess that type of Technology and means.
Of course, there are those here who'd like to emulate China, albeit in a "PRC Lite" fashion.
To gain acceptance to state universities, a record of volunteering is useful.
So government does judge us based upon our legal behavior.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Sounds like a pretty good idea, to be honest.
China's really been stepping up their game lately.