• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Becoming christos

Boomhauer

Becoming the Anointed One
Buddhism is becoming buddha (the enlightened)
ichism is becoming ichi (the one)
christism is becoming christ (anointed one)

how do some one do this? You get a pure holy spirit be sinless all life you and you parents will it, not just one or other. Parents must raised you sinless and you must stay sinless untill soul is pure then you are christ

Orias

Left Hand Path

how do some one do this? You get a pure holy spirit be sinless all life you and you parents will it, not just one or other. Parents must raised you sinless and you must stay sinless untill soul is pure then you are christ

Those who are raised without sin are the most sinful.

Jesus is a manifestation of fire, his name is not true but his summons may be.

Just look at Baldr.

Straw Dog

This caught my eye since I've recently been studying gnostic texts, especially ones in the "Christian" form. I've been searching lately for insight on how to reconcile the dissonance between my own mystical experiences with my ordinary daily life. My views are mostly coming from that frame of reference.

I'm reminded of the Gospel of Mary Magdalene in which Jesus taught that there is no sin as a separate thing or essence existing in the world. We become sinners whenever we act according to the habits of our corrupted nature. We create sin through our thoughts, words, and actions. If we could reconnect with the Source of Being while maintaining spiritual awareness then our thoughts, words, and actions could change and become more consistent with the Divine Will. In this process, it is taught that we may become fully human.

I'm not sure if this is what you're getting at here. I can only offer my own recommendations. I would say not to get too stuck with any particular word or concept of divinity. At best language and concepts can be used as indictators of the absolute, but they can never capture it or adequately explain it because language is inherently relative. To become attached to any particular dogma of divinity means relativizing the absolute, which must necessarily go beyond such distinctions. This would entail an avoidance of "-isms" as they tend toward "schisms". Although you may consider yourself on a path toward Christos Anthropos, this could be prevented by turning it into another "ism" to be classified. How can one categorize the absolute?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

You really don't "become" by which a transformation occurs, as such as that which is portrayed in Christianity. Buddhism is experiencing realisations of what is already present. Becoming Buddha is a misunderstanding that some folks fly with and comparatively use alongside Christianity. A misdirection, albiet innocently made as I see it.

It would be impossible to become the Buddha respectively.

Rocky S

Christian Goth
christism is becoming christ (anointed one).

I do not know about Buddhism but the statement concerning Christ is unbiblical. And I don't mean to sound unkind. There is only one Anointed one, ie one Christ.
how do some one do this?.
From a christian perspective, Through Christ.
You get a pure holy spirit be sinless all life you and you parents will it, not just one or other. Parents must raised you sinless and you must stay sinless untill soul is pure then you are christ.
I am sorry, this is not scriptural. The only way to be sinless is, or rather declared in right standing with God ,according to scripture, is faith in Christ and the cross, and his resurrection. That eternal sacrifice is were purity or being declared pure comes from. Man cannot live a perfect sinless life though his own efforts. The cross is were the sin problem was taken care of, one can never be sinless or made pure through any other source or self merit. What Christ did on the Cross must ever be the object of our faith...

You really don't "become" by which a transformation occurs, as such as that which is portrayed in Christianity. Buddhism is experiencing realisations of what is already present. Becoming Buddha is a misunderstanding that some folks fly with and comparatively use alongside Christianity. A misdirection, albiet innocently made as I see it.

It would be impossible to become the Buddha respectively.

In the same way, there are alot of theological variations within Christianity as well, from a highly developed idea of theosis in Orthodox Christianity, to the idea of the Christ Light in Quakerism. Not all Christians, let alone theologians, necessarily believe that the individual is to become divinised from a fallen state of Original Sin. There is Christian ideology that speaks of a human creation inherently good and virtuous, clouded by ignorance, the environment, and development of malpractices.

It certainly does say in the Bible that human beings were created a little lower than the angels, and we are as gods ourselves.