• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Become a love master!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"If you TRULY love someone you would wish 4 them 2 experience their FULL potential because you know they won't be satisfied until they do. You also know that it is not going 2 happen as long as they cling 2 certain beliefs about the true nature of love & happiness."

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Sep thread??? -->

"Don't meditate to fix yourself, to heal yourself, to improve yourself, to redeem yourself; rather, do it as an act of love, of deep warm friendship to yourself. In this way there is no longer any need for the subtle aggression of self-improvement, for the endless guilt of not doing enough. It offers the possibility of an end to the ceaseless round of trying so hard that wraps so many people's lives in a knot. Instead there is now meditation as an act of love. How endlessly delightful and encouraging."

~ Bob Sharples, from Meditation: Calming the Mind

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
quote-love-is-your-job-description-no-matter-what-you-do-for-a-living-if-you-ever-feel-unsure-marci-shimoff-84-37-56.jpg

TOP 25 QUOTES BY MARCI SHIMOFF (of 62) | A-Z Quotes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Learning how to love yourself is a key ingredient for happiness. Self love is at the very core of wellbeing, joy, self-empowerment, and our ability to enjoy the kind of life we want. Even if you had everything else in your life exactly the way you wanted it, you wouldn't be able to enjoy it if you weren't at peace with yourself.

Besides that, every relationship you ever have with someone else exactly mirrors one or more aspects of the relationship you have with yourself.

From this wonderful site!

How To Love Yourself

All about healing ...

Wishing you all the very best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." -- Glenn, age 7

"Love is like an avalanche where you have to run for your life." -- John, age 9

"I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." -- Manuel, age 8

"No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That's why perfume and deodorant are so popular." -- Mae, age 9

"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too." -- Greg, age 8

"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife." -- Tom, age 5

"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." -- Mike, 10

"I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when Dinosaurs is on television." -- Jill, age 6

"One of the people has freckles, and so he finds somebody else who has freckles too." -- Andrew, age 6

"My mother says to look for a man who is kind. That's what I'll do. I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and handsome." -- Carolyn, age 8

"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." -- Kenny, age 7

"One of you should know how to write a check. Because, even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills." -- Ava, age 8

"When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her, 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced.'" -- Anita, 9

"I'm not rushing into being in love. I'm finding fourth grade hard enough." -- Regina, age 10

"Most men are brainless, so you might have to try more than once to find a live one." -- Angie, age 10

"A man and a woman promise to go through sickness and illness and diseases together." -- Marlon, age 10

"[Being] single is better . . . for the simple reason that I wouldn't want to change no diapers. Of course, if I did get married, I'd figure something out. I'd just phone my mother and have her come over for some coffee and diaper-changing." -- Kirsten, age 10

"Love is foolish...but I still might try it sometime." -- Floyd, age 9

"Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to

Things People Said: Kids' Ideas About Love

Loads more at that site!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From Debra Mittler's site -

Congratulations on taking your first step in loving, valuing and appreciating the beautiful divine BEing you are. I’m excited for you and with you. Something magical is happening inside of you, this energy brought you to my website.

If you’re now ready to make your life a whole lot easier by healing/transforming the pain and suffering stemming from past unresolved traumas, hurts and wounds and experience self LOVE, inner peace and live authentically then you’ve come to the right place.

Read more -

https://www.livingintheloving.com/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
"Let us make a pledge that, if not all day or all night long, at least for a few moments every day, we will make an effort to experience love, love that is free from selfishness, free from desire, free from expectation, love that is complete freedom."

~ Swami Chidvilasananda in Kindle My Heart

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The biggest struggle in life is to know, embrace, and accept ourselves, with all of our faults and imperfections. Many of us were raised by parents who were themselves victims—who were not taught to see their own worth, or who were not really seen by their own parents. Our grandparents' generation faced massive trauma and upheaval due to the Second World War and the Great Depression. The focus was on survival and minimizing the damage, rather than on love, appreciation, and intimacy.

The 50 Best Quotes on Self-Love

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From an old links page.

Try - soulprogress.com love - for example -

Every human being wants to be loved personally -- for who they are -- and every human being wants to love personally. These desires are part of our social nature as children of God. However, in many of the great spiritual traditions of man, personal love has been downplayed, and even strongly criticized. So, even while popular religions generally promote "family values," serious spiritual seekers have been warned throughout the ages against the dangers of "women and gold," "special relationships," even desire in all of its forms. Entry level practices on the spiritual path almost invariably steer aspirants toward impersonal forms of self-culture, and away from involvement in personal human relationships.

Although generally wise and well-intentioned, any apparent bias against human love tends make spiritually-oriented people feel guilty or wrong for wanting/needing personal love. We are here to say, that conclusion is an unfortunate misinterpretation of traditional wisdom. Human, personal love is not necessarily sinful, lowly, or unspiritual. Quite the contrary! Human, personal love is spiritually CRUCIAL -- crucial to our self-esteem, crucial to our unfolding and spiritual ascent, crucial to living as God created us to be.

Read more here -

Love on the Spiritual Path

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How to Love Yourself to the Core

One is a video ... then found this -

If there is only one lesson you learn this entire year, it’s this: You are absolutely the most important person in your entire universe.

Your entire life is lived through your eyes. Your interactions with the world and those around you, your thoughts and how you interpret events, relationships, actions, and words.

You might just be another person when it comes to the grand scheme of things, but when it comes to your understanding of reality, you are the only thing that matters.

And because of that, your reality depends on how much you love and take care of you.

Your relationship with yourself is the most defining factor in shaping the kind of life you live.

The less you love yourself, listen to yourself, and understand yourself, the more confused, angry, and frustrating your reality will be.

Read the rest of the tips here -

How to love yourself: 21 tips to believe in yourself again

All the best!