• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Become a love master!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope you are al well & enjoying your experience here at the forum.

I was just looking at some old files on my computer and this is one I had just-about forgotten completely.

Not sure whether to paste the whole lot in here?

A new word -- “Love Master” -- has been added to public vocabulary by Dr. Scott & Shannon Peck, Co-Founders of TheLoveCenter and authors of a new book released today, “Love Skills for Personal & Global Transformation: Secrets of a Love Master.”

“There is a great love awakening taking place,” say Dr. Scott & Shannon Peck, “and this awakening is both personal and global. As our lives accelerate in this advancing civilization, the number one thing we most want in life has never changed. We want to be loved. Yet the gap between our desire for love and our actual experience of love is enormous. We have not been taught love well. There is so much suffering from lack of love. When was the last time anyone took a course in becoming a love expert or upgraded their love skills from ‘Basic Love’ to ‘Advanced Love?’”

“It is time for the great suffering from lack of love to end on Earth,” continue the Pecks, “This is a moment to pause and envision what is possible. The old way of experiencing love is dissolving. Elevated thought offers a new way of knowing ourselves as Love Masters skilled in the use of love skills.’”

You can read about the Love Master book here -

New Word -- 'Love Master' -- Added to Public Vocabulary: What Does it Mean?

You can also find Scott at YouTube - he has written a few books.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Scott+Peck+love+skills

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The following comes from Emissary of Light :

"True, or unconditional, love is unaware of the strange demands you impose on your relationships. Love is the same for all. Your attempts to reserve love for specific relationships and then withold it from others is the very thing that has blocked your vision of love's presence. Give as love gives - just as the sun that gives its light to all who ask, or the sparrow that sings not for the one who listens, but for the song itself. When you give love, love is your reward. When you judge some people as worthy of your giving and other people as undeserving, then it is you who is undeserving; not because you have been judged by love but because you have forgotten love's law."

All the best!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Unconditional

Love never bothers much about whether the other is worthy of receiving or not. This is a miserly attitude, and love is never a miser. The cloud never bothers about whether the earth is worthy. It rains on the mountains, it rains on the rocks; it rains everywhere and anywhere. It gives without any conditions, without any strings attached.

And that's how love is: It simply gives, it enjoys giving. Whoever is willing to receive, recieves it. He need not be worthy, he need not fit any special category, he need not fulfill any qualifications. If all these things are required, then what you are giving is not love; it must be something else. Once you know what love is, you are ready to give, the more you have. The more you go on showering on others, the more love springs up in your being.

Ordinary economics is totally different: If you give something, you lose it. If you want to keep something, avoid giving it away. Collect it, be miserly. Just the opposite is the case with love: If you want to have it, don't be miserly; otherwise it will go dead, it will become stale. Go on giving and fresh sources will become available. Fresh streams will flow into your being. The whole of existence starts pouring into you when your giving is unconditional, when it is total.

From some website I must have visited ages ago ...:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“Happiness is really a deep inner satisfaction and approval”

~ Francis Wiltshire

At the start of the year many of us make resolutions about what we want to give up, what we need to let go—from quitting smoking (did that 20+ years ago), to cutting back on alcohol (a work in progress), to cutting back on not-so-healthy foods (also in progress), to letting go of past “demons.”

There’s a lot to be gained by letting go of past pain, by breaking bad habits. But what if we thought more in terms of what we might welcome into our lives—what we might be open to receiving?

Even diet companies cash in on this positive psychology. Don’t talk of losing weight, but gaining health; think of eating a delicious salad rather than sacrificing that block of chocolate.

But how often do we convince ourselves that we must do all the hard work of letting go and giving up before we are worthy to receive?
I’ve always been better at giving than receiving, so when it comes to letting go and letting in, I’ve focused on what I needed to give up, to let go, the work I needed to do in order to be better.

You Are Worthy of Receiving: 10 Things to Let into Your Life

Enjoy your browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Bodhicitta is also a commitment. We commit to doing all it takes to free ourselves completely from all our varieties of confusion and unconscious habit and suffering, because these prevent us from being full there for others. In the language of Buddhism, our ultimate commitment is to attain "enlightenment". In essence, this means knowing fully who we really are. When we are enlightened, we will be fully awake to our deepest nature, which is fundamentally open-hearted, open-minded and available for others. We will know this to be true beyond all doubt, beyond any going back. In this state, we will possess the greatest possible wisdom and skill with which we can benefit others and help them to awaken completely themselves.

~ Pema Chodron

Articles

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The Love Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit organization with the mission of inspiring people to love unconditionally. Our vision is to assist people by building a practical foundation and understanding of unconditional love within individuals and society as a whole. Established in 2000, we have become an international leading resource for sharing the awareness of unconditional love.

As truth can be found in all aspects of life, The Love Foundation is designed to be an open organization built on the universal recognition of unconditional love. As such, we are not affiliated with any religious creed or perspective. Our focus is on the personal appreciation and pragmatic experience of unconditional love. Through education, research, and charity, we strive to share in this timeless understanding and expand our individual and collective consciousness.

Check-out the menus too -

Special Messages by Harold W. Becker - The Love Foundation

Love messages going back as far as 2005!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Pure love quotes -

i-promise-to-be-on-your-team.jpg

More at this location -

Love Quotes to Live By - PureLoveQuotes.com

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Chicken Soup Soul love?

What can be learned from 25 books on love & relationships -

Includes Gay Hendricks "Conscious Loving"

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
On a hunch I tried this search -

Religious forums love

More than I really bargained for?

Here is one I barely remember -

A radical act of love

But there are plenty more as you might have guessed.

Enjoy our browsing!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I don't know about you but I have not met too many people that are consistently happy. Life is full of ups and downs, times of elation and deep peace and times of loss and difficult challenge. There are so many things we don't want: the pile of bills on the desk, the extra weight, the long commute, the difficult boss, the cold winter, the dishes that always have to be done, etc. The list goes on and extends even to the tendencies in ourselves: the self-judgement, the procrastination, the perfectionism etc.

All these irritations in life are like one of those children's big punching balloons with the weight at the bottom and the perverse smile. The more we push it away and punch it the more it keeps popping back up. We hope that by ignoring or pushing aside all these undesirable conditions that they will go away. In most cases they don't. They keep coming back.

What if the non-acceptance of the things we don't want is actually preventing us from achieving the things we do want?

And what if the acceptance of those very things we are not happy about can in the end bring us greater happiness?

That is a pretty amazing paradox.

Comes from here -

4 Things to Know to Accept the Unacceptable in Yourself and Life | blog

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
According to University of South Florida’s Seneca scholar Anna Lydia Motto, the great Stoic philosopher’s writings are chockfull of his profound understanding of the true significance of the many forms of love—i.e., love for one’s spouse, family, friends, fellow humans, and country.

In Moral Letters to Lucilius (Latin orig. Epistulae morales ad Lucilium), Seneca quotes his friend and fellow Stoic philosopher Hecato (or Hecaton of Rhodes)

If You Want to Be Loved, Love - Right Attitudes

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
According to The Art of Loving, one’s character orientation and social outlook depend greatly on one’s ability to experience meaningful loving relationships with others. The principal responsibility in practicing the art of loving is overcoming one’s narcissism, which Fromm argues is tantamount to cultivating objective reality and embracing the spirit of generosity—doing cosmic good, in other words:

Society must be organized in such a way that man’s social, loving nature is not separated from his social existence, but becomes one with it. If it is true, as I have tried to show, that love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence, then any society which excludes, relatively, the development of love, must in the long run perish of its own contradiction with the basic necessities of human nature.

Read more here -

Psychoanalyst Erich Fromm on the Art of Love and Unselfish Understanding - Right Attitudes

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Lion's Roar is another excellent site! For example -

I am touched by your question. It really is unfortunate that the mind often responds unwisely when dealing with our nearest and dearest, but it does make sense. There are various reasons why. First, fear arises with our significant other because we are afraid of not getting what we want. Anger arises as well because the other person is perceived as the enemy who is not giving us what we want. Then, greed arises in the form of needing to be comforted by the person we depend upon to be our lifelong companion—except that this person is now also our perceived enemy!

Read the full article here -

Love & Relationships

Cheers!