• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbarism is still going in countries that our Political Leaders call their best friends.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
So you can just disappear and avoid discussing uncomfortable facts again? Well, lucky for you I don't have to show you one, since @Father Heathen already did at #28. And one of him saluting a foreign soldier to boot.

All neither really here nor there, since as I said, token etiquette isn't really the issue that gotcha journalism tries to make it out to be. Even the grossly bungled stuff, like saluting foreign officers. How about we talk about the hundreds of millions of dollars in trade and armaments and other beneficial programs Trump signed off on giving the Saudis? Hmm? And the fact he in no way attached any humanitarian concessions to the package? Shall we discuss that? Doesn't that sound more meaningful and interesting than bickering about whos photo-op was worse?

And you think this constitutes a bow ala Barrack Obama? Hahahaha,

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Does the West still need to be blackmailed into accepting the creeping Islamification of our countries for the sake of oil?

Our leaders should grow a pair and closedown any Mosques or Islamic schools that are found to be preaching or teaching hatred of non-Muslims.

Thorough investigations should be carried out to find such places and all funds given to these places from abroad should be stopped.
Tell it to Trump.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
So can't discuss the actual important parts of the issues but only whine in whataboutist terms? I'm shocked.

Actually, I don't see where you have any serious point to discuss. Doesn't matter what Trump does or does not so, you are going to see everything through your personal and mostly unwarranted butt hurt concerning the man being elected, so why bother having a discussion?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Military and intelligence experts have noted that U.S. presidents typically do not salute military officials from adversarial nations. You're embarrassing yourself by trying to defend this.
Sometimes the embarrassment is more prevalent the way presidents had saluted our own military.

Kangaroo Feathers

Actually, I don't see where you have any serious point to discuss. Doesn't matter what Trump does or does not so, you are going to see everything through your personal and mostly unwarranted butt hurt concerning the man being elected, so why bother having a discussion?
Too scared and/or uninformed to address the point. Understood.

I should start a cult, I'm so darned prophetic;
So you can just disappear and avoid discussing uncomfortable facts again?

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The U.S. government only denounces human rights abuses when it's politically advantageous to do so. Profitable pals get a pass.

The US isn't alone about that. Most western 'civilised' countries will turn a blind eye if there's a dollar or a quid in it for 'em. It's sad old world....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The US isn't alone about that. Most western 'civilised' countries will turn a blind eye if there's a dollar or a quid in it for 'em. It's sad old world....
Sometimes it's better to do business with The Devil than to engage in hostilities.
We've tried "fixing with extreme prejudice" some backward countries.
They're still backward, but trillions of dollars & many thousands of lives evaporated.
So it's not something worthy of glib generalizations.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Sometimes it's better to do business with The Devil than to engage in hostilities.
We've tried "fixing with extreme prejudice" some backward countries.
They're still backward, but trillions of dollars & many thousands of lives evaporated.
So it's not something worthy of glib generalizations.

Oh please!

Don't tell me that Western countries decide to save such countries at great costs out of the sweetness of their hearts..... please don't do that.

Most Western countries do business with the Devil because they badly want something that the devil's got. Most Western countries can spend millions (and trillions) of their money, costing thousands of lives, because their clever tricks and ideas went horribly wrong, and so much for their choice of brilliant minds to magic up such actions.

Now, back to you and your glib responses.

And Good Morning, or it will be in a couple of hours.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Oh please!

Don't tell me that Western countries decide to save such countries at great costs out of the sweetness of their hearts..... please don't do that.

Most Western countries do business with the Devil because they badly want something that the devil's got. Most Western countries can spend millions (and trillions) of their money, costing thousands of lives, because their clever tricks and ideas went horribly wrong, and so much for their choice of brilliant minds to magic up such actions.

Judging by your posts, you must refuse to use oil and any products made from oil on principle.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Judging by your posts, you must refuse to use oil and any products made from oil on principle.

Ha ha! I declared my car off-road in 2016, ride a mountain bike. *thumbs nose*

And you should see the vast fields of voltaic windmills all over the horizon here. *tongue out and wiggling*

Now that was just for fun......... but turning it back on you, please don't do that, because you've just told millions of British people that they are wicked when they fill up at the pumps, or even go shopping.

Now I don't think that you are particularly a fan of Islamic countries ... true? How much fuel does your gas-guzzler take? What heats your home? If you're happy about your country's foreign policy record, that's great, but the World is getting smaller and many of us hope for better foreign policies from our leaders, is all.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Ha ha! I declared my car off-road in 2016, ride a mountain bike. *thumbs nose*

And you should see the vast fields of voltaic windmills all over the horizon here. *tongue out and wiggling*

Now that was just for fun......... but turning it back on you, please don't do that, because you've just told millions of British people that they are wicked when they fill up at the pumps, or even go shopping.

Now I don't think that you are particularly a fan of Islamic countries ... true? How much fuel does your gas-guzzler take? What heats your home? If you're happy about your country's foreign policy record, that's great, but the World is getting smaller and many of us hope for better foreign policies from our leaders, is all.

I asked this question back in post #40- Does the West still need to be blackmailed into accepting the creeping Islamification of our countries for the sake of oil?

Kangaroo Feathers

I asked this question back in post #40- Does the West still need to be blackmailed into accepting the creeping Islamification of our countries for the sake of oil?
Treating Muslims as having the same rights as Christians in Western countries =/= "creeping Islamification"

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh please!

Some apologists would say that a lot of what is done is to maintain a certain semblance of geopolitical stability and a balance of power while still pursuing our national interests.

While Westerners might mourn their own servicemen who perish in war, they also take note of the fact that their homelands, lives, and properties are mostly safe and far away from any active combat zones in the world. We also haven't had a nuclear war (yet), so I guess there's something to be said for that.

We do business with the Devil not just because we want what he's got (although that's a major part of it). We do it because we still believe that we're doing "good" in the world - an updated and revised version of the "White Man's Burden." We're the ones running things, and the Devil is subordinate to us. As a result, we think we can reform the Devil.

Americans are often called "arrogant" (and justifiably so), but much of that comes from the fact that many of us actually enjoy being in this vicarious position of "ruling the world," so to speak.

Even liberals, with as much lip service they give towards helping all the people of the world, they often preface things with phrases like "How can the richest and most powerful country in the world allow this to go on?" Despite some noble compunction to "do the right thing," there's still a strong indication that they enjoy being the "richest and most powerful" - along with an insinuation that they will protect that position if they feel threatened.

That's the great fatal trap that both parties have found themselves in. There's no heavier burden than being the "leader of the free world."