• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BAPS and Sri Swaminarayan Sampraday

michaelm

It doesnt matter whether you are devoted to Krishna, Rama, Shiva, Christ, Buddha etc etc..... it matters how deep and sincere your devotion is. It is the act not the object that is transformative.

patl101

There may arise the opinion that Lord Krishna is partial to those who take refuge in Him and disregards those who are more partial to fulfilling their desires with sense objects. To clarify this false assumption the Supreme Lord stated this verse confirming that by whatever mode or method a person worships Him, direct or indirect, full of desires or free from desires He rewards them proportionately. It should not be falsely speculated that the Supreme Lord Krishna ignores those who due to ignorance neglect Him and instead offer others worship in various religions and denominations. It is impossible for Lord Krishna to ignore or exclude anyone because all living beings are factually following His path in every respect. Thus He is worshipped directly by those who are knowledgeable and indirectly by those who are unknowledgeable and correspondingly to their worship He reciprocates to each.

absolutely true. spot on

patl101

Your are nothing less then a joke.

He read the correct version. He posted a correct translation, he is right and you are wrong.

there are adults here writing posts which include references from scriptures and dialogues by god himself and not their own perceptions, then you get a 13 year old kid telling the world what hinduism is at the top of his head without any backing, probably something an RE teacher told him in class.lol. i think most people on here know who the joke is.

in hinduism god himself said that those who believe god is formless will go to hell. read vachnamrut.

:biglaugh:!!!! You make a refernce ot my age! You are talking like a 5 year old!!!

You are the stupidest, most fundamentalist and extreme hindu i have ever met. We all know who the joke is, its you, the mad man.

You do realise what you are saying, right? You should be a follower of one of the abrahamic religions.
Read Vedas.

If you think you are so intelligent and great, why cant you convince some 13 year old between right and wrong in religion?

R.E teacher? Are you high? Are you drinking, that is against hinduism, stop that, its bad for you.

Now on, im going to talk to you as if you are a 5 year old, this would reflect on your spelling and grammar. As well as your language.

Atman

Namaste all.

First and foremost as I have told you over MSN, your translation does seem a bit more reliable there then mine, but you have said
There may arise the opinion that Lord Krishna is partial to those who take refuge in Him and disregards those who are more partial to fulfilling their desires with sense objects. To clarify this false assumption the Supreme Lord stated this verse confirming that by whatever mode or method a person worships Him, direct or indirect, full of desires or free from desires He rewards them proportionately. It should not be falsely speculated that the Supreme Lord Krishna ignores those who due to ignorance neglect Him and instead offer others worship in various religions and denominations. It is impossible for Lord Krishna to ignore or exclude anyone because all living beings are factually following His path in every respect. Thus He is worshipped directly by those who are knowledgeable and indirectly by those who are unknowledgeable and correspondingly to their worship He reciprocates to each.
Wasn't that the exact point I and Penguino were trying to make?

bY THE WAY atMAN IT IS NOT FOR YOU TO STATE WHAT IS OR ISNT A HINDU.
When did I ever say I had the ability to, or even tried to do such? That was Penguino who is claiming you're not Hindu.

in hinduism god himself said that those who believe god is formless will go to hell. read vachnamrut.
Correction. In Swaminarayan Hinduism such is stated.And even then, though I'm certainly no scholar of the Vachnamrut or Shikshapatri, I don't recall Swamiji saying anything about those who commited this so-called sin going to Naraka for it.

patl101

you dont 'recall' hearing this. instead, go and read it yourself for proof. go and read the original vachnamrut and see for yourself how big a sin it is to see bhagwan as formless. you dont need to be a scholar but if you understand either english, sanskrit or gujarati- just read it.

Yes this is teh Vachnamrut. The meaning is in Wikipedia.
Both the Gita and Vachnamrut do not show different paths.
Only Purshottam Bhagwan supreme reality and any of His incarnations shoudl be worshipped in the methods shown in the Purans to attain Moksh.
The Gita also shows clearly this. Shri krishna tells Arjun this. For example in 9.23. 7.22-26 etc.

Atman

you dont 'recall' hearing this. instead, go and read it yourself for proof. go and read the original vachnamrut and see for yourself how big a sin it is to see bhagwan as formless. you dont need to be a scholar but if you understand either english, sanskrit or gujarati- just read it.
I'll take your word for it, but would you still give me a link to the chapter in which he debates with the Smarta Brahmin about God being formless (or any other areas in Vachnamrut where Swaminarayan mentions such)?

Penguino it should be noted that even the BAPS holds the same views as the Shree Swaminarayan Sampraday do, on this matter.

Baps may hold whatever they want. But they are excommunicated in the eyes of God and His followers. To realise this you have to read the Scriptures of the faith. Until you havent done so it is not wise for you to debate upon it nor delve into it.

As for the Vachnamrut i have come across it many times but cannot on the top of my head remember it. I could find out.