• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BAPS and Sri Swaminarayan Sampraday

Atman

Namaste all.

I've obviously seen a lot of "tension" between members of Swaminarayan Sampraday and BAPS here, and naturally I have some questions. When did the split between this two groups occur? What are the doctrinal differences between these two groups? And can someone please provide me with a list of all the Acharyas from each Sampraday?

Well, it started when one of the gurus at Vadtal (Shastriji Maharaj) was treated badly. He also believed in the doctrine of Akshar-Purshottam(Brahman, and Parabrahman) He left Vadtal after being treated so badly, the vadtal satsangis also tried to poison him many times, but he never died, they say, the day he left Vadtal, was the day god left Vadtal.

As far as i know, they believe Gopaland Swami (another GREAT saint) to be brahman, and Sahajanand Swami to be the Parabrahman.

I can give the BAPS line

1. Sahajanand Swami
2. Gunatitanand Swami
3. Bhagatji Maharaj
4. Shastriji Maharaj
5. Yoghiji Maharaj
6. Pramukh Swami Maharaj (present, 85 years old, i think)

I have no problem with the Swaminarayan Sampraday, i have been to a lot of their mandirs and still, for me, find it the same.

mahesh

Much has been gone online about how bogus break away cukts are. there is so much evidence out there. What more can i say. those who want to attain Gods Home and please Him should read orthodox scriptures. There is no other way, And BAPS is devoid of thewords of God. Its clearly seen.

Tomorrow i can go round making up my own sanstha and do so much to get people following me. But i do not wish to as i know God will only be pleased in wwhat he has written for me to do as a human being.

By the way God would never leave the Murtis of Vadtal. As why would he conmtradict Himself ? He clearly stated he would live iin the murtis he has consecrated till teh sum and moon shine.

You are stating blasphemously about Shriji Mahraj. How can you even think such? i is this what yoru gurus teach you?

This is bad. You stoop low. Celina is this what your co-satsang ipeople think?
The sikshapatri clearly states the role of teh Acharyas as do otehr scriptures. But i think BAPS do not want to read what God and His direct disciples wrote. They feel that their current guru is bhagwan. And they should do as he states. As teh scriptures clearly state whats required of us, We shouldnt have any problems in following as God wants it.

Nor was shastriji Mahraj poisoned. LOl. he was excommunicated as he ws going against the wished of God. if he was being treated badly then why didnt he just go to the Amdavad desh? As he knew no one would accept such a way or worship as its not only devoid of Swaminarayan bhagwan but also devoid of teh Vedas.

All is clearly written in hand wriitten scriptures as they exist today as welll. BAPS leaders know that they are in the wrong but its too late to change their ways. Clearly they will have to answer to God.

Shri Narayan Bhagwan (1)
Shri Maha Laxmi (2)
Acharya Shri Vishvaksen Swami(3)
Acharya Shri Namalvar Swami(4)
Acharya Shri Nathamuni Swami(5)
Acharya Shri Padmanetra Swami(6)
Acharya Shri Ramamishra Swami(7)
Acharya Shri Yamunacharya Swami(8)
Acharya Shri Mahapurna Swami(9)
Acharya Shri Ramanujacharya Swami(10)
Acharya Shri Ramanand Swami (11)
Bhagwan Swaminarayan (12)

Split into two regions-South India (Vadtal Laksminarayan Desh) and North India (Amdavad Nar Narayan Desh)

Amdavad Desh:
(13) Acharya Shri Ayodhyaprasadji
(14) Acharya Shri Keshavprasadji
(15) Acharya Shri Purshottamprasadji
(16) Acharya Shri Vasudevprasadji
(17) Acharya Shri Devendraprasadji
(18) Acharya Shri Tejendraprasadji
(19) Acharya Shri koshalendra prasadji (current)

Vadtal Desh:
(13) Acharya Shri Raghuvirji
(14) Acharya Shri Bhagvatprasadji
(15) Acharya Shri Viharilalji
(16) Acharya Shri Laxmiprasadji
(17) Acharya Shri Shripatiprasadji
(18) Acharya Shri Anandprasadji
(19) Acharya Shri Narendraprasadji
(20) Acharya Shri Ajendraprasadji
(21)Acharya Shri Rakesh Prashadi (current)

mahesh

Also the scriptures clearly show that Shri Gopalanand Swami was Akshar and Shri Gunatitanand Swami was the incarnation of one of the Sanakadiks. Even though we know this and we do not place saints in the same Sinhasan and worship them as GOD. As Swaminarayan Bhagwan and His saints also have never been worshipped liek such nor allowed such worship to be performed on them whilst here on earth.

But you see God in your current leader so how will you want to read the orthodox scriptures of God?

BAPS has changed the Arti, Shlokas of teh scriptures and much more so it fits in their way of worship.

mahesh

In Sadguru Nirgun Swami vaato 60.

Shriji Maharaj Shri Gadhpur madhe viraajman hata. Potani aaghar sadhu harijan ni sabha bethi hati. Eh samay Shriji raaji thay ne Gunatitanand Swami pratye bolya ke “aah haar pehro ane aajthi tame jirangadh (Junagadh) na Mahant”. Gunatitanand Swami kahe “nah Maharaj mare mahantay noh haar pehrvo nathi”. Chahta Maharaj kahe “pehro”.

Maharaj no gano agrah joi ne Gunatitanand Swami bolya ke “ah Gopalanand Swami prativarsh ek maas mane bhagvad katha kehva jirangadh padhaare toh haar pehrvu”. Eh saambhri Maharaj Gopalanand Swami ne puchyu “Kem Gopalanand Swami, Gunatitanand Swami ne bhagvad katha prativarsh tame Junagadh jasho?” Gopalanand Swami kahe “Maharaj, aap jem agna karsho tem karish”. Etle Maharaje Gunatitanand Swamine kahyu ke “Gopalanand Swami Junagadh avvani haa pade che. Maate tame haar pehro”.

Pachi Gunatitanand Swami haar pehryo ne mahant thaya. Tyathi Gopalanand swami pan pote pruthvi upar rahya sudhi Bhagwanni vato kehva prativarsh Junagadh Padharta hata; ane koi varas na javaay to bije varase jaine beh maas rehta hata.

108-109 it states:

Potane deh mukva aada paanch divas rahya hata tyare Shriji Maharaj ardhi raatre bolya ke "amari pase kaun che?" etle kahyu ke "Mulji Brahmchari, Shukmuni, tatha Ratanjibhai tran jan che". Sambhri Shriji Maharaj Bolya ke "Ek Muktanand Swami pan bolvavi laavo pan bija koi nahi".

Pachi Ratanjibhai Muktanand Swami ne bolaavi lavya ane teh avi ne Maharaj paase betha. Maharaje temne puchyu ke "amaro vishvaas che?" temre kahyu ke "amare tamro sampurna vishvaas che". Pachi Shriji Maharaj kahyu ke "Tame sarvo Gopalanand Swami ni agna ma rehjo, Akshardhaam ma pan teh sarvane vartaave che. Ane Jeh Mool Akshar che tej eh che".

Muktanand Swami bolya ke "Maharaj, eh toh mota che!" Pan atla divas eh vaat amne kem na kahi?" tyare shriji bolya ke "atla divas na kahi, teh toh ketlak juna ne theek na pade teh mate na kahi pan have emni agna mah rehjo". Etle Muktanand Swami bolya ke, Maharaj ame nischay emni agna mah rehshu". Em kahi ne vandan karya.

There is much more about Gopalanand Swamis talks about teaching Gunatitanand Swami about his Bahayvrutti being siddh hence he has vikshep in samadhi. So Gopalanand swami taught Gunatitanand Swami over the how to meditate without being troubled by Vikshep.

mahesh

The Acharyas of the Sampraday are more than mere administrative heads. They are the spiritual leaders and the Guru through whom the path to atyantik kalyan (ultimate redemption) is opened.
Sahajanand Swami adopted Ayodhyaprasadji from His elder brother Rampratapji and adopted Raghuvirji from His younger brother Ichcharamji. He accepted the two as His own sons and handed the Northern- NarNarayan Dev Desh (diocese) to Ayodhyaprasadji and the Southern- LakshmiNarayan Dev Desh to Raghuvirji in Vadtal on VS 1882 (1826 AD) Kartik Sud 11 - Prabodhini Ekadashi (ironically on the very same day He was given the Acharya-pad by Ramanand Swami).

The NarNarayan Desh is based in Amdavad (Ahmedabad) and LakshmiNarayan Desh in Vadtal. Though known as NarNarayan Dev and Lakshminarayan Dev Gadi, both are the Swaminarayan Gadis as they are the only authentic gadis established by Lord Swaminarayan Himself.
The Acharyas are householders and their respective wives (Gadiwala) stand as the females’ Guru. The Gadi is passed on to the most capable of the Sons from their family.
The Acharya’s role is to
• initiate followers into the Sampraday with a Samanya Diksha by giving the special guru-mantra
• initiate sadhus (monks, ascetics) by giving them the Maha-Bhagwadi Diksha
• perform murti-pratishtha, install deities in the temples
• authenticate scriptures of the Sampraday
• act as the Guru and leader of the entire Sampraday.

These responsibilities have been prescribed in the Shikshapatri, Satsangijeevan and Desh Vibhag no Lekh, and according to these shastras no other individual other than the Dharmavanshi Acharyas are permitted to carry out the above duties. Therefore, the sole authority of the above lies with the two Acharyas.
“My Bhramin, Kshatriya and Vaishya followers who have received Shri Krshna Diksha (initiation) from the Dharmavanshi (descendants of Dharmadev) Acharyas, shall wear a double tulsi kanthi (rosary) around their neck and shall wear a U-shaped tilak on their forehead, chest, and both harms.” (Shikshapatri Shlok 41)
Therefore, a Swaminarayan follower is only a genuine Swaminarayan follower once he has received diksha from the respective Acharya. A Swaminarayan sadhu is only a genuine Swaminarayan sadhu once he has been given diksha by the Acharyas.
In the Shikshapatri (62), Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states
“And the form of Shri Krshna that has been given by your Acharya for the purpose of your worship and the forms that the Acharya has installed (i.e. in the mandirs) are the only forms of God worthy of worship. The rest are worthy of respect but not worthy of worship”
Therefore, the only murtis (deities) worthy of worship are those installed by the Acharyas.

In the Shikshapatri, Swaminarayan Bhagwan has placed a lot of importance on the Acharyas.
Shlok 71:
“All my followers shall never enter into debate with their Acharyas and shall serve the Acharyas with food, clothing, money etc according to their capacity.”

Shlok 72:
“Upon hearing of their coming, my followers should immediately go to greet and welcome the arrival of their Acharyas, and when the Acharya returns from the town my followers shall see them off to the outskirts of the town.”

In the scripture Purushottam Prakash, the writer Nishkulanand Swami describes the instance when Swaminarayan Bhagwan established the Dharmavanshi Acharyas.
Sahajanand Swami felt that now that He had established the grand temples and splendid Sampraday, He wanted to keep His sadhus free from the affairs dealing with wealth, power etc. He therefore decided that He would create leaders for each and every sadhu and householder, who will subsequently be responsible for the Sampraday.
This was in accordance with one of His three resolves; i.e. to establish the leaders of the Sampraday from His own family - Dharmakul.
Before declaring His intention to select His own family, Lord Shree Swaminarayan first gathered the senior sadhus/saints and followers and revealed His intention to install successors to the leadership.
The gathering that included seniors such as S.G. Muktanand Swami, S.G. Gopalanand Swami, S.G. Brahmanand Swami etc. as well as householders such as Dada- Uttam Khachar, unanimously recommended to Lord Shree Swaminarayan that He retain the leadership in His own Dharmakul and select Ayodhyaprasadji or Raghuvirji.
Lord Shree Swaminarayan was very pleased with this suggestion, for this was His own thinking as well. Since there was no room for discussion or further consideration, it was concluded that Lord Shree Swaminaryan's successors will be from His own Dharmakul and will be householders.
Sahajanand Swami then adopted Ayodhyaprasadji and Raghuvirprasadji as His own sons and made them the Acharyas – the Gurus of the Swaminarayan Sampraday.
He then declared, “Those who serve these Acharyas with food, jewellery, vehicles, animals, flowers etc shall be worthy of Akshardham…………. I shall emancipate those who serve and respect these Acharyas. Through these Acharyas I shall give kalyaan (give Akshardham) to all souls………." (Purushottam Prakash Chapter 37, Verse 6-20)

“…After a lot of thought and consideration I have decided to give the Gadi to them…” (Chapter 39 Verse 8)
“Therefore all of you shall obey the Dharamkul and serve them. They are not ordinary beings; they are great Devtas (Gods). As well as being my Sons they are Brahmin and my Bhaktas and by serving them you shall earn immense happiness. All your wishes will be fulfilled, this is my command that is to remain permanently.”
“So both householders and sadhus obey their (Acharyas’) commands, and not the fancies of the mind. Do not take any actions without their consent…..do not enter into debates with them even if you are greater in knowledge or wisdom…you shall regard the Acharyas as faultless – you shall obey their commands. If you keep them pleased then I will be pleased with you because they are in place of Myself….. I am forever residing in them. I am in them, and they are in Me. I am never far from them and I give darshan (divine sightings) residing in them……….”
“I am forever residing in the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. After seeing such followers I have decided to remain here (in the satsang), therefore those who worship the Acharyas have worshipped Me.”
(Purushottam Prakash Chapter 40)

The establishment of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas was therefore immensely important for both administrative and spiritual purposes.
The constitution of the Sampraday is laid out in Desh Vibhag no Lekh, which describes in detail the functions of the Acharyas.

“….it is my command to all sadhus, bhramcharis and all satsangi's, that for the purpose of your kalyaan (emancipation) you must obey and follow the two Acharyas of Dharmavansh, and obey their commands by thought, action and speech. If this is compromised and whoever turns elsewhere (rejecting the Acharyas) will find that they will never find sukh (happiness) in this world or the worlds beyond and will experience immense distress…” (Desh Vibhag no Lekh)
Furthermore, in one of the most authoritative scriptures the Vachamanamrut, Swaminarayan Bhagwan clearly states one of the prerequisites for attaining Akshardham
“…The devotee who is aashrit of Dharmakul (i.e. he who has received initiation from Dharmavanshi Acharya and remains loyal to the Acharya) gets a divine Brahm-state body by God’s wish…” (Vachanamrut, Gadhada Pratham Chapter 1)
So it is imperative to be a humble loyal follower of the Dharmavanshi Acharya once receiving the diksha (guru mantra) in order to be qualified to achieve a Brahm form.
Even Gunatitanand Swami, one of the main sadhus of Swaminarayan Bhagwan states “He who insults the temples, Acharyas, sadhus and satsangi’s will find his roots being destroyed and will inevitably fall from the satsang.” (Swami ni Vato Prakran 5, Vat 104)
Sahajanand Swami has decided to remain on this earth in His Acharyas. They are a version of Him. Being Purushottam Narayan Bhagwan, Sahajanand Swami kept an eternal method of attaining Akshardham by first requiring followers to obtain gurumantra or diksha and obey and respect the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. This is a system, which He has established for each and every follower. It was not a system that was to be changed or altered in the future in any way.

mahesh

In S.G. Nityanand Swami's Shree Hari-Digvijay (endorsed by Lord Shree Swaminarayan) a debate between many great Vedic pundit- scholars and Lord Shree Swaminarayan is well documented.
The pundits challenge Lord Shree Swaminarayan's establishment of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. It was argued that a householder being a leader of renunciates (sadhus etc.) was anti-Vedic and had no firm basis in the scriptures of the Sanatan Dharma.
Lord Shree Swaminarayan explained in detail how it is in fact preferable to have householders leading a fellowship that consists of male and female renunciates and grihastha - householders.
He provided scriptural evidence for this and stated examples such Vyasji, the founder of the 4 Vedas and 18 Purans and considered the 'Universal Guru' in whose memory we have 'Guru-Poornima'.
Rishi Vyas was in fact a householder. Similarly, Rishis Vasishta and Yagyavalkya were also householders as was Brahmarshi Vishwamitra. A more distinct example is of Shukadevji, who recited the Srimad Bhagwat to King Parik****, was a shishya (disciple) of King Janaka.

Therefore, the gathering of pandits and scholars agreed that the setup of Dharmavanshi Acharyas was more than coherent with the Vedic Dharmas and was worthy of honour and admiration.
Today there exist many sects that claim they are following the philosophies of Shree Swaminarayan Bhagwan, where in fact nothing could be further from the truth. As Swaminarayan Bhagwan has emphasised, there is no Akshardham for those who do not honour, obey, respect and serve the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, no matter how great a devotee they are.
It has now become necessary to question ‘Swaminarayan Temples’ whether they are in fact Swaminarayan Temples since the deities appear not to have been installed by the Dharmavanshi Acharyas, which is an outright breach of Swaminarayan Bhagwan’s likings (refer Shikshapatri Shlok 10 and then Shlok 62).
It has also become necessary to question the authenticity of ‘Swaminarayan’ sadhus. According to the scriptures mentioned, a Swaminarayan Sadhu is he who has received the initiation (maha-bhagwati diksha) from Dharmavanshi Acharya- no one else.
Once this has been appreciated, one can realise the true grandeur of the Dharmavanshi Acharyas. They are another form of Swaminarayan Bhagwan and though they appear as humans, they are at a status even higher than Akshar-Muktas. Therefore all Swaminarayan Satsangis should obtain initiation from one of the two Dharmavanshi Acharyas and remain under their instructions and always honour and respect them as they would Swaminarayan Bhagwan Himself.

Shriji Mahraj lives in Murtsi cosecrated by the Acharya nd Him. Saints initiated under the refuge of Vadtal and Amdavad diocese, Shastras authnticated by Shriji Mahraj Himself and Acharyas of the Dahrm Vansh like Vadtal Vanchnamrut 18 claims..

Nishkulanand Swami clearly states that Shriji Mahraj had decided thsi from Heaven. so why is it that BAPS followers and leaders liek to think different without direct proof?

mahesh

We get gyaan and the doors of Akshardham also open for us through true sianmts. they have a major role in the original Sampraday. today many great saints live within the Mandirs of Swaminarayan bhagwan which He himslef established. Saints such as late Mahant Swami of Bhuj, Shri Haridasji, Ghanshyamjivandasji. Harikesha swami of Amdavad. These are all miracle performing saints who stay away from tehyes of the media. These are saints who the BAPS leaders themselves came to bow down too. There are pictures of this too. I have them. As they relaise that these are tue saints otherwise they would not come to do such.

Atman

In Sadguru Nirgun Swami vaato 60.

Shriji Maharaj Shri Gadhpur madhe viraajman hata. Potani aaghar sadhu harijan ni sabha bethi hati. Eh samay Shriji raaji thay ne Gunatitanand Swami pratye bolya ke “aah haar pehro ane aajthi tame jirangadh (Junagadh) na Mahant”. Gunatitanand Swami kahe “nah Maharaj mare mahantay noh haar pehrvo nathi”. Chahta Maharaj kahe “pehro”.

Maharaj no gano agrah joi ne Gunatitanand Swami bolya ke “ah Gopalanand Swami prativarsh ek maas mane bhagvad katha kehva jirangadh padhaare toh haar pehrvu”. Eh saambhri Maharaj Gopalanand Swami ne puchyu “Kem Gopalanand Swami, Gunatitanand Swami ne bhagvad katha prativarsh tame Junagadh jasho?” Gopalanand Swami kahe “Maharaj, aap jem agna karsho tem karish”. Etle Maharaje Gunatitanand Swamine kahyu ke “Gopalanand Swami Junagadh avvani haa pade che. Maate tame haar pehro”.

Pachi Gunatitanand Swami haar pehryo ne mahant thaya. Tyathi Gopalanand swami pan pote pruthvi upar rahya sudhi Bhagwanni vato kehva prativarsh Junagadh Padharta hata; ane koi varas na javaay to bije varase jaine beh maas rehta hata.

108-109 it states:

Potane deh mukva aada paanch divas rahya hata tyare Shriji Maharaj ardhi raatre bolya ke "amari pase kaun che?" etle kahyu ke "Mulji Brahmchari, Shukmuni, tatha Ratanjibhai tran jan che". Sambhri Shriji Maharaj Bolya ke "Ek Muktanand Swami pan bolvavi laavo pan bija koi nahi".

Pachi Ratanjibhai Muktanand Swami ne bolaavi lavya ane teh avi ne Maharaj paase betha. Maharaje temne puchyu ke "amaro vishvaas che?" temre kahyu ke "amare tamro sampurna vishvaas che". Pachi Shriji Maharaj kahyu ke "Tame sarvo Gopalanand Swami ni agna ma rehjo, Akshardhaam ma pan teh sarvane vartaave che. Ane Jeh Mool Akshar che tej eh che".

Muktanand Swami bolya ke "Maharaj, eh toh mota che!" Pan atla divas eh vaat amne kem na kahi?" tyare shriji bolya ke "atla divas na kahi, teh toh ketlak juna ne theek na pade teh mate na kahi pan have emni agna mah rehjo". Etle Muktanand Swami bolya ke, Maharaj ame nischay emni agna mah rehshu". Em kahi ne vandan karya.

There is much more about Gopalanand Swamis talks about teaching Gunatitanand Swami about his Bahayvrutti being siddh hence he has vikshep in samadhi. So Gopalanand swami taught Gunatitanand Swami over the how to meditate without being troubled by Vikshep.
Namaste Mahesh.

I don't speak Gujarati (or Sanskrit if that's the language being used, not quiet sure), so would it be alright to ask for an English translation of these verses?

mahesh

There are also some other philosophical differences. Such as the way hwow all Avtaars shoudl be viewed and much more.

Truth is that the scriptures are not wrong. thsoe that have been doctored are wrong and the one who has seen both of them can clearly tell as they can see teh original hand written ones even today.

By the ATMAN- above in Gujarati is from a scripture which clearly indicates that Swaminarayan Bhagwan told Muktanand Swami who was a major saint of teh Sampraday that Sadguru Gopalanand Swami is Mool Akshardham incarnate together with many other incidents which prove this fact. that even Sadguru Gunatitanand Swami recognised this.

mahesh, no-one should tell him right and wrong, let him (her?) work that out for himself. Its bias and gives an unfair point of view to him.

we see that both sides have given him-her info.
BAPS ON THE OTHER HAND IS VERY philoshpical.
It has a lot od deaper studies etc into the scriptures.
We believe that what Maharaj has said mentioned in any scripture isnt just black and whit but has deeper meaning to it!

That ãtmã is neither a Brãhmin, nor a Kshatriya, nor a Kanbi. It is no one’s son and no one’s father. It belongs to no caste and to no class. It is radiant like the sun and fire; but it is also full of consciousness. The flames of fire and the rays of the sun are jad because they do not move when touched by the finger. However, when an ant is touched by a finger, it moves and turns back. This implies that the ãtmã is full of consciousness. It is said to be similar to the sun or to fire, but that is merely because its form is similar in radiance.“
“The ãtmã has passed through countless life forms. In fact, it is said that a person has drunk as much milk from his mothers as there is water in the ocean. In those lives, the ãtmã has experienced death in countless ways, yet it has not perished. It has remained as it is. So, if it did not perish in that state of ignorance when it regarded itself as the body, how shall it perish now that we have its gnãn? Thus, we should realise that ãtmã as our true self.

By the ATMAN- above in Gujarati is from a scripture which clearly indicates that Swaminarayan Bhagwan told Muktanand Swami who was a major saint of teh Sampraday that Sadguru Gopalanand Swami is Mool Akshardham incarnate together with many other incidents which prove this fact. that even Sadguru Gunatitanand Swami recognised this.

Proof would be good

Much has been gone online about how bogus break away cukts are. there is so much evidence out there. What more can i say. those who want to attain Gods Home and please Him should read orthodox scriptures. There is no other way, And BAPS is devoid of thewords of God. Its clearly seen.

Tomorrow i can go round making up my own sanstha and do so much to get people following me. But i do not wish to as i know God will only be pleased in wwhat he has written for me to do as a human being.

By the way God would never leave the Murtis of Vadtal. As why would he conmtradict Himself ? He clearly stated he would live iin the murtis he has consecrated till teh sum and moon shine.

You are stating blasphemously about Shriji Mahraj. How can you even think such? i is this what yoru gurus teach you?

This is bad. You stoop low. Celina is this what your co-satsang ipeople think?
The sikshapatri clearly states the role of teh Acharyas as do otehr scriptures. But i think BAPS do not want to read what God and His direct disciples wrote. They feel that their current guru is bhagwan. And they should do as he states. As teh scriptures clearly state whats required of us, We shouldnt have any problems in following as God wants it.

Nor was shastriji Mahraj poisoned. LOl. he was excommunicated as he ws going against the wished of God. if he was being treated badly then why didnt he just go to the Amdavad desh? As he knew no one would accept such a way or worship as its not only devoid of Swaminarayan bhagwan but also devoid of teh Vedas.

All is clearly written in hand wriitten scriptures as they exist today as welll. BAPS leaders know that they are in the wrong but its too late to change their ways. Clearly they will have to answer to God.

Shri Narayan Bhagwan (1)
Shri Maha Laxmi (2)
Acharya Shri Vishvaksen Swami(3)
Acharya Shri Namalvar Swami(4)
Acharya Shri Nathamuni Swami(5)
Acharya Shri Padmanetra Swami(6)
Acharya Shri Ramamishra Swami(7)
Acharya Shri Yamunacharya Swami(8)
Acharya Shri Mahapurna Swami(9)
Acharya Shri Ramanujacharya Swami(10)
Acharya Shri Ramanand Swami (11)
Bhagwan Swaminarayan (12)

Split into two regions-South India (Vadtal Laksminarayan Desh) and North India (Amdavad Nar Narayan Desh)

Amdavad Desh:
(13) Acharya Shri Ayodhyaprasadji
(14) Acharya Shri Keshavprasadji
(15) Acharya Shri Purshottamprasadji
(16) Acharya Shri Vasudevprasadji
(17) Acharya Shri Devendraprasadji
(18) Acharya Shri Tejendraprasadji
(19) Acharya Shri koshalendra prasadji (current)

Vadtal Desh:
(13) Acharya Shri Raghuvirji
(14) Acharya Shri Bhagvatprasadji
(15) Acharya Shri Viharilalji
(16) Acharya Shri Laxmiprasadji
(17) Acharya Shri Shripatiprasadji
(18) Acharya Shri Anandprasadji
(19) Acharya Shri Narendraprasadji
(20) Acharya Shri Ajendraprasadji
(21)Acharya Shri Rakesh Prashadi (current)
YOU ARE CLEARLY BRAIN WASHED.:shout:bow::sleep:

mahesh

we see that both sides have given him-her info.
BAPS ON THE OTHER HAND IS VERY philoshpical.
It has a lot od deaper studies etc into the scriptures.
We believe that what Maharaj has said mentioned in any scripture isnt just black and whit but has deeper meaning to it!

All has deeper meaning. These can be seen in teh rest of teh scriptures. But teh original Sampraday has the original text. BAPS ahve even changed teh original teachinsg and the Arti according to how they feel is right. But they fall very different to the original teachings of the swaminarayan sampraday who on the otehr hand have not changed a scripture, kirtan or even a Shlok.

mahesh

That ãtmã is neither a Brãhmin, nor a Kshatriya, nor a Kanbi. It is no one’s son and no one’s father. It belongs to no caste and to no class. It is radiant like the sun and fire; but it is also full of consciousness. The flames of fire and the rays of the sun are jad because they do not move when touched by the finger. However, when an ant is touched by a finger, it moves and turns back. This implies that the ãtmã is full of consciousness. It is said to be similar to the sun or to fire, but that is merely because its form is similar in radiance.“
“The ãtmã has passed through countless life forms. In fact, it is said that a person has drunk as much milk from his mothers as there is water in the ocean. In those lives, the ãtmã has experienced death in countless ways, yet it has not perished. It has remained as it is. So, if it did not perish in that state of ignorance when it regarded itself as the body, how shall it perish now that we have its gnãn? Thus, we should realise that ãtmã as our true self.

Yes, this from the Vachnamrut Gadhpur pratham.

mahesh

Proof would be good

As what i have put above is from a actual scripture. Read for yourself.