• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baphomet and the Pentagram

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
I know these two often get mixed up (just about as often as wiccans get called satanic), I was wondering what the differences are to Wiccans?

I have heard that certain wiccans see the pentagram as the female symbol and the baphomet as the male. I've also heard that many wiccans don't assosiate wth the baphomet at all.

So I was wondering, what's the truth?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
From what I heard Bahomet was ment to symbolize duality. Hence one half of the body is male and one female, Man and beast, light and dark... so on and so forth.

wa:do

Ishkbal

Hello,

I believe that the truth is more what you think the bahomet should be. For me, the pentacle/pentagram is a symbol of the elements (as mentioned above). However, I don't use a bahomet; I use a sword to represent the male. There is no one truth to what the bahomet is or what it symbolizes, but rather, what it means to you. You can take others ideas, or the most common one being that it is a Satanic symbol, and use them for yourself, but when you have the faith behind it, it grows into the true symbol for you.

Cheers,

Ishkbal

Dreamwolf

Blissful Insomniac
Hey,
I use the chalice/pentagram to symbolize femine, and an athame to represent the male. I dont, however, work with the baphomet at all so sorry i could not help you further.

Blessings!

blackhand

I use both the pentagram and reverse pentagram to represent light and dark. To me Baphomet does that as well along with other dualities, just in one image instead of two