• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bannon's Gone!! Yippee!!

leibowde84

Veteran Member
So, Bannon is threatening members of the Trump Administration and Republican opposition in Congress. Is this going to finally be the end of Trump? The President desperately needs to mend relationships with Republican Congressmen and women, and this is certainly not going to help. So, what do you think? Do you really think Bannon has any actual power to influence other than the small minority who think Breitbart is credible? I mean, the only people who take Bannon seriously are already Trump supporters, so what is Bannon's thinking here? Is he off his rocker?

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
Who knows. The way Trump has a flare for firing people, likely nothing will happen. Firing people is the only thing he's good at other than golfing on tax payer dollars.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Who knows. The way Trump has a flare for firing people, likely nothing will happen. Firing people is the only thing he's good at other than golfing on tax payer dollars.
I was more asking about Bannon's (confusing and unclear) threats. Do you think Bannon actually has the power to disrupt things in the Trump Administration?

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
I was more asking about Bannon's (confusing and unclear) threats. Do you think Bannon actually has the power to disrupt things in the Trump Administration?

Doubt it, especially the way the entire administration has been going thus far. Certainly, it would be great if Bannon did have the proper dirt, but I am not holding my breath.

idav

Being
Premium Member
So, Bannon is threatening members of the Trump Administration and Republican opposition in Congress. Is this going to finally be the end of Trump? The President desperately needs to mend relationships with Republican Congressmen and women, and this is certainly not going to help. So, what do you think? Do you really think Bannon has any actual power to influence other than the small minority who think Breitbart is credible? I mean, the only people who take Bannon seriously are already Trump supporters, so what is Bannon's thinking here? Is he off his rocker?
He might be losing, he was throwing his supporters under the bus in the last interview I heard him give to the opposition. He's toxic but only a small minority of a minority will still support him.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We'll no doubt see soon if Bannon has any dirt on the others in the administration or not.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

As soon as he gave that interview.. I knew.
Look I am a prophet! ;)

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
All I know is that I'm going to have to change my profile info. . .

which will be a pleasure to do!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Mr. Bannon (the Republican not the Democrat) has been on the Joint Chiefs of Staff, so he knows things nobody else does. That may mean he continues to be a player even though he has been removed.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/18/bannon-the-trump-presidency-is-over/

Removing Bannon gives Donald Trump the ability to pivot. He can become the savior president. He's got 3 years left, theoretically. If he works with the Republican Congress he can become quite popular.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Who knows what his exit might preface, if anything.

If I had to guess, years from now we will remember this as just one more step of the sequence of quick firings in the Trump White House that is both a consequence and one of the many causes for the severe fragility of his so-called mandate.

Bannon, mediocre as he is, is probably far more media-savvy than most other people that were around him in that cabinet, even his former boss.

That NY Post article seems remarkably vague, probably because he skillfully chose his phrasing to sound both incisive and ambiguous. He positioned himself to take credit for further events without giving any clear indication of what those would be, but it is not like Trump was exactly emanating auspices of a solid future before now. Bannon is just trying to raise his street cred, as he seems to do all the time anyway.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Better a paralyzed cesspool of a White House confronting and embarrassing the GOP sycophants with a Trump-Bannon bromance than a Pence-GOP machine efficiently undermining social justice.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Doubt it, especially the way the entire administration has been going thus far. Certainly, it would be great if Bannon did have the proper dirt, but I am not holding my breath.
Nothing would please me more than Bannon destroying the Trump Administration from outside, but I don't see it happening either. Bannon is like Trump. He thinks he is way more important and liked than he actually is.