• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baha'i belief in Jesus?

9harmony

The Truth said:
Mohammed "peace be upon him" has NO authority to do so because he will be punished by God himself if he did so. Prophet Mohammed is just a slave and Messenger of God.

Read here with me please ...

[43] (This is) a Message sent down from the Lord of the Worlds.

[44] And if the Messenger were to invent any sayings in Our name,

[45] We should certainly seize him by his right hand,

[46] And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart:

[47] Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath).

[48] But verily this is a Message for the God-fearing. (Surah 69)

Hi Truth,

You are correct He had no authority except the authority bestowed upon Him by God alone. The authority of His Words as being the message bestowed upon mankind for His day. He claims no authority for Himself. But the Words He spoke were what He was bidden by God to speak. The Words themselves are the authority, if that makes sense. At least that's how i understand it.

Have a great day!

-Amy

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
BruceDLimber said:
ALL "returns" are spiritual (the Christ Spirit)!

As Jesus Himself pointed out, it is the spirit that matters, and the flesh profits nothing.

IOV, literal interpretations of the Return of Christ are no more accurate than were the Jews' literal interpretations/expectations for the First Coming!

Best,

Bruce

So you don't believe in Baha'i faith that Jesus Christ "peace be upon him" will return physically but just spiritually. Thank you. :)

I wonder if you ever believe in the Baha'i faith that Jesus Christ did exist "physically" before!

Booko

Deviled Hen
The Truth said:
If Baha'u'llah claim to be God or he speaks in the authority of God so this is his own belief and he is free with it but please don't say Mohammed did the same if you have no evidence. Say whatever you want about Baha'u'llah but not with Mohammed "peace be upon him".

I still need to respond to the earlier part of this post, but I think it's important to respond to this right away.

Baha'u'llah did not claim to be God.

Nor would we claim that Muhammad ever claimed to be God.

God is God. He doesn't have any partners.

His Prophets are all subservient to Him.

Booko

Deviled Hen
The Truth said:
So you don't believe in Baha'i faith that Jesus Christ "peace be upon him" will return physically but just spiritually. Thank you. :)

No. It's just as Elijah was returned not physically, but in the person of John the Baptist.

There are various reasons for believing this because of what's said in the Evangel and Revelation, not just because Baha'u'llah said so.

I wonder if you ever believe in the Baha'i faith that Jesus Christ did exist "physically" before!

Oh, certainly. There's no reason to think otherwise. Besides, that would mean that someone made up the Gospels, and Muhammad was a liar. Uh, no, I don't think we need go there! :eek:

arthra

Baha'i
I was happy to see this thread and that I agree definitely with what my Baha'i friends have already posted....

One excellent writer that I've been following a lot lately is Michael Sours. I believe his ideas and suggestions would be of much use to our Christian friends...and for Baha'is as well who are seeking dialogue!

Some of his books are entitled and are still available I believe through places like Amazon:

Prophecies Of Jesus (Paperback)

Understanding Biblical Prophecy (Preparing for a Baha'i/Christian Dialogue) (Paperback)

Study of Baha'u'llah's Tablets to the Christians (Paperback)