• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"BADAA"

InvestigateTruth

So according to the Hadith, Day of Judgment means forever.

Dear Mojtaba. in your understanding, what is the difference between saying, "Day of Judgement means forever", and "Day of Judgment never comes"?

If Day of Judgement means forever, why the Quran says, it is quite near? You know which verse?

You can not talk with me by Jewish Text. Beceuse of these verses of Holy Quran: Chapter 2
79.So woe to them(i.e., Jewish scholars ) who write the Book with their hands and then say, ‘This is from Allah,’ that they may sell it for a paltry gain. So woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they earn!
80. And they(i.e., Jewsh) say, ‘The Fire shall not touch us except for a number of days.’ Say, ‘Have you taken a promise from Allah? If so, Allah will never break His promise. Do you ascribe to Allah what you do not know?’
....83.[and mention] When We took a pledge from the Children of Israel(i.e., Jewsh), [saying]: ‘Worship no one but Allah.....

[3:78]
There is a group of them who alter their voice while reading out a text [that they have themselves authored], so that you may suppose it to be from the Book, though it is not from the Book, and they say, ‘It is from Allah,’ though it is not from Allah, and they attribute lies to Allah, and they know [it].

For example, the next verse of the verse that you mentioned is:
It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
Exodus 31:17
This is one of the falsifications on the original Torah. Because, God never becomes tired or bored to rest.

Holy Qur'an, 50:38
Certainly We created the heavens and the earth, and whatever is between them, in six days, and any fatigue did not touch Us.

So we can not rely on their texts.

How did the infallible Imams interpreted and explained the verses 2:79. This verse is not saying the scholars wrote the Torah and said this is what Allah said. This might be other books, such as interpretations. I am very interested if you can find out how the infallible Imams explained it. i am not interested in how Muslim Scholars explain it.

Another question, if Torah was corrupted, or the Proper Torah did not exist at the time of Islam, why would Allah ask the Jews living at the time of Prophet Muhammad to uphold the Torah:

Say, "O People of the Scripture, you are [standing] on nothing until you uphold [the law of] the Torah, the Gospel, and what has been revealed to you from your Lord." And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. So do not grieve over the disbelieving people.

- Quran 5:68

Another Question is, Does not Quran confirm the Law of Sabbath was given to the Jews?

Thanks.
IT

mojtaba

Dear Mojtaba. in your understanding, what is the difference between saying, "Day of Judgement means forever", and "Day of Judgment never comes"?

If Day of Judgement means forever, why the Quran says, it is quite near? You know which verse?
Holy Qur'an, 70:7,8
Indeed they[ i.e., disbelievers ] see it to be far off, (6) and We see it to be near. (7)

This verse does not say that the Day of Judgement is near. Indeed, it says that, disbelievers do not believe in that Day and the verse states this meaning metaphorical and says they see it to be far off. But because believers believe that the Day of Judgment is one of the promises of Allah, so It certainly would occur, so that it is near.

How did the infallible Imams interpreted and explained the verses 2:79. This verse is not saying the scholars wrote the Torah and said this is what Allah said. This might be other books, such as interpretations. I am very interested if you can find out how the infallible Imams explained it. i am not interested in how Muslim Scholars explain it.
There are two Hadiths which say that Jews have changed some parts of the Torah. But honestly these Hadiths are Mursal(does not a full chain of the narrators).

But please use your head and then judge,

Genesis Chapter18
6.And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes.
7.And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetched a calf tender and good, and gave it unto the servant; and he hasted to dress it.
8.And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

Qur'an, Chapter 11
69.Certainly Our messengers came to Abraham with the good news, and said, ‘Peace!’ ‘Peace!’ He replied. Presently he brought [for them] a roasted calf.
70.But when he saw their hands not reaching for it, he took them amiss and felt a fear of them. They said, ‘Do not be afraid. We have been sent to the people of Lot.’

The saying of Holy Qur'an is correct, because the angels do not eat our foods.

Imam Sajjad has said: "[O, Allah! Bless]the tribes of angels, whom Thou hast singled out for Thyself, freed from need for food and drink by their calling Thee holy."(Source, Sahifa Sajjadiyah, S3)

This is an example. There are other ones wich are not little in number.

Another question, if Torah was corrupted, or the Proper Torah did not exist at the time of Islam, why would Allah ask the Jews living at the time of Prophet Muhammad to uphold the Torah:

Say, "O People of the Scripture, you are [standing] on nothing until you uphold [the law of] the Torah, the Gospel, and what has been revealed to you from your Lord." And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. So do not grieve over the disbelieving people.

- Quran 5:68

Another Question is, Does not Quran confirm the Law of Sabbath was given to the Jews?

Thanks.
IT
Because in that Torah which is indeed the Torah of our time, was yet some verses of true Torah which was about believing in the last Prophet. So Allah says that Ahlulkitab disbelievers should obey the orders of Torah and Gospel which are about the last Prophet, and also they should obey the Holy Qur'an and become Muslim.

Say, ‘O People of the Book! You do not stand on anything until you observe the Torah and the Evangel and what has been sent down to you from your Lord[Qur'an].’

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

Holy Qur'an, 70:7,8
Indeed they[ i.e., disbelievers ] see it to be far off, (6) and We see it to be near. (7)

This verse does not say that the Day of Judgement is near. Indeed, it says that, disbelievers do not believe in that Day and the verse states this meaning metaphorical and says they see it to be far off. But because believers believe that the Day of Judgment is one of the promises of Allah, so It certainly would occur, so that it is near.

There are two Hadiths which say that Jews have changed some parts of the Torah. But honestly these Hadiths are Mursal(does not a full chain of the narrators).

But please use your head and then judge,

Genesis Chapter18
6.And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes.
7.And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetched a calf tender and good, and gave it unto the servant; and he hasted to dress it.
8.And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

Qur'an, Chapter 11
69.Certainly Our messengers came to Abraham with the good news, and said, ‘Peace!’ ‘Peace!’ He replied. Presently he brought [for them] a roasted calf.
70.But when he saw their hands not reaching for it, he took them amiss and felt a fear of them. They said, ‘Do not be afraid. We have been sent to the people of Lot.’

The saying of Holy Qur'an is correct, because the angels do not eat our foods.

Imam Sajjad has said: "[O, Allah! Bless]the tribes of angels, whom Thou hast singled out for Thyself, freed from need for food and drink by their calling Thee holy."(Source, Sahifa Sajjadiyah, S3)

This is an example. There are other ones wich are not little in number.

Because in that Torah which is indeed the Torah of our time, was yet some verses of true Torah which was about believing in the last Prophet. So Allah says that Ahlulkitab disbelievers should obey the orders of Torah and Gospel which are about the last Prophet, and also they should obey the Holy Qur'an and become Muslim.

Say, ‘O People of the Book! You do not stand on anything until you observe the Torah and the Evangel and what has been sent down to you from your Lord[Qur'an].’

salaam,

I asked about Quran 2:79,

Therefore woe be unto those who write the Scripture with their hands and then say, "This is from Allah," that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby.

I found some explanation what it is about:

http://lib.eshia.ir/71860/2/87

and

http://lib.eshia.ir/71860/9/318

and

http://lib.eshia.ir/71860/67/168/

If you like, you can read and translate.

Thanks!