• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back on the mountains :)

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I haven't been on the mountains since I got sick in Feb 09. They used be a big part of my life and I've missed it. But I've been walking walking walking, on the bicycle, everything to get back to some level of fitness.
Now I feel I'm back :woohoo:
So, the weather is good, the forecast is good and I'm getting up at ****-crow Saturday morning and taking off up one of my favourites. :D
Can't wait.
There's a beautiful arete where I'm going on which I always feel like king of the world ahhhh, roll on Saturday

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
That sounds wonderful. I wish I wasn't stuck where I am ~ flat, concrete, uninspiring. I have Lake Michigan, but it's a poor substitute for the Gulf Coast. Some of our farmland is nice, but you have to drive quite a bit to get where it's really hilly.

I'm so glad you are feeling great! :) Exercise like that is good for your mind as well as your body. I wish I could go with you. Do a mile for me, okay? :D

croak

Trickster
Sounds awesome. :D Will you be taking photos and sharing them with us? :)

And I'm glad you're feeling better. <3

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
That sounds wonderful. I wish I wasn't stuck where I am ~ flat, concrete, uninspiring. I have Lake Michigan, but it's a poor substitute for the Gulf Coast. Some of our farmland is nice, but you have to drive quite a bit to get where it's really hilly.

I'm so glad you are feeling great! :) Exercise like that is good for your mind as well as your body. I wish I could go with you. Do a mile for me, okay? :D
I will of course. A mile it is!

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Sounds awesome. :D Will you be taking photos and sharing them with us? :)

And I'm glad you're feeling better. <3
I'm glad I'm feeling better too :D
I'll take some photos and post them Monday when I get home. They mightn't be great cos I'll be using my phone - but I'll take them!

Noaidi

slow walker
Enjoy it, stephenw

John Muir: 'Never more, however weary, should one faint by the way who gains the blessings of one mountain day. Whatever his fate - long life, short life, stormy or calm - he is rich forever.'

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Good for you Stephen! Enjoy.
icon14.gif

Here's where I live:

Felton, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Downtown Felton, California.

a little mountain town in Central California.

Noaidi

slow walker
stephenw

If you want, you could put an account of your walk (plus any pics) on the Wilderness Walkers group I started a month ago. Contributions have been very slow....

No pressure (seeing the mountains of Ireland would be nice, though).

Here's a pic of where I live. I escape here every weekend with my dog.

noaidi-albums-where-i-live-picture2071-mountain-view.jpg

Last edited:

Noaidi

slow walker
Thanks! I've only lived there for about 7 years now, but it still blows me away every day. I have the best bike ride to work you can imagine!

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
stephenw

If you want, you could put an account of your walk (plus any pics) on the Wilderness Walkers group I started a month ago. Contributions have been very slow....

No pressure (seeing the mountains of Ireland would be nice, though).

Here's a pic of where I live. I escape here every weekend with my dog.

noaidi-albums-where-i-live-picture2071-mountain-view.jpg

Nice! Where do you live?

Noaidi

slow walker
Wow!
I'm a firm advocate of the healing effects of mountains. You reach the top all sweaty and totally knackered, but man, do you feel alive!
Enjoy the walk.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
What a great weekend!!
I was up at 5am and straight out onto the hills on Saturday and Sunday, It was fantastic. The weather was perfect and I felt fit and alive like I haven't since before I was sick. I'm back!!

this is where I was at 7.30 on Saturday Morning

Image0068.jpg

I was having a cup of tea on the top at 8 :) This was the view in another direction

Image0069.jpg

And this was 8am Sunday

Image0078.jpg

You can see the mountain I was on the previous morning in the back right.

Hope the weather is good again next weekend!!

croak

Trickster
Your phone takes pretty awesome photos! Glad you're back at your peak! :D

I wish I could drag myself out of bed at 5 AM and get myself to go walking. :p