• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back from the zoo!

Spiderman

Veteran Member

The mental health professionals took us mental cases on a field trip to the zoo today.

I like the monkeys with the big white and mustaches. it seems like Evolution or whatever designed them was having a good time being amusing.

When I go to the zoo, I feel like I'm getting in touch with my side of the family.

What's the coolest animal you've seen in real life?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

The mental health professionals took us mental cases on a field trip to the zoo today.

I like the monkeys with the big white and mustaches. it seems like Evolution or whatever designed them was having a good time being amusing.

When I go to the zoo, I feel like I'm getting in touch with my side of the family.

What's the coolest animal you've seen in real life?

Cool!

I havent been to the zoo and cazenturies. I would go but the smell.. we have one a couple hours from me by public transport. One day Ill go with a mask with me. Im sure you had fun, though. I went to the Smithsonean Natinal History and saw the whole evolution line. It was so interesting that I cant imagine it being completely false. Out there! but not false.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
One that really stands out was when I saw a wild snapping turtle. I was driving down the road, and I saw two cars stopped in the road (this was on a country road), and the middle of the road at first it looked like there was a huge stone someone put there for some reason. Then I noticed of the two guys standing around this rock, the cop had a big, and I noticed this "rock" looked a bit spiny and like it had a tail. I then realized it was a turtle, and I began to wonder "wait? Is that a snapping turtle?" and as soon as I thought that the turtle jumped up, spun around, and snapped at the stick the cop was using to try to nudge the turtle along.
Needless to say the turtle gave not one crap about what the humans wanted and moved off the road at its own pace.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
We once saw a basking shark whilst sailing. My friend and I could have gone into the water at the time - we had scuba gear - but I didn't know anything about them then and we were a bit pressed to get back to our mooring. It was almost certainly one and not something else since they are common in that area and we seldom get others. It was quite big though - perhaps about six or seven metres - but harmless it seems.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I guess in real life and uncaged was a 1.5 m long monitor lizard trying to break in to my apartment. I lived near a mangrove forest at the time. Those things are scary.

I also got to swim with a pack of nurse sharks in Belize. that was pretty cool and swam with some Green Sea turtles in Gili Trawangan.