• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ayani : Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayani

religion : in transition / grounded mysticism

interests : religious study, graphic novels, linguistics, teaching

i am very happy to be a mod! please let me know what i can do for y'all, and ask some questions if you like. :yes:

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
:clap Congratulations dear grace-marie for being a moderator!!!!
I wish you all the best in your new task!

You have a beautiful name by the way :)
Peace

ayani

peace! thank you very much. i am pleased to be on the mod squad, as it were. heh. :D

jazak Allah khair, my friend.

ayani

Jaymes said:
What kind of graphic novels do you like?

ah, my favorties would have to be graphic memoirs... Persepolis, Maus, and Fun Home come to mind. Chicken With Plums is also wonderful.

[quote=Danisty]what languages do you know?[/quote]

working on Spanish and Persian now. speak Japanese fairly well, and am hoping to get a grasp of Portuguese and Hindi someday. someday!

Booko

Deviled Hen
Welcome to the mod team!

Have you read Chomsky's "Transformational Grammar" or anything by Dr. Luciano Canepari?

My son has just started college and linguistics is one of his favorite subjects. That and physics.

What are you majoring in?

ayani

ah, i am more of a "hang around people, learn what they are saying, and study comparative lexicons and grammar structures" person... :D also, i con-lang (invent languages). does your son con-lang at all? i think he'd get into it.

my major is in english lit, which i love. but after school, i will probably work with kids full-time.

moegypt

working on Spanish and Persian now. speak Japanese fairly well, and am hoping to get a grasp of Portuguese and Hindi someday. someday!

Oh very good gracie
you have alot of advantages... I want to be ambitious like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.